Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[IMPORTANT] List of content required for a better game experience.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
[IMPORTANT] List of content required for a better game experience.

Haristo
12.26.2011 , 10:45 AM | #1
I just want to say that I adore the game actually. this is a really fun game with an amazing content. I really like its missions, its background and all that good stuff. however this game is a MMO and MMOs requires patches, because none of them are perfect and none of them will achieve perfection. That is why us, the clients, must help the developper by telling him what we want. I think it requires a simple list, no text nor opinions, based on what everybody has to say.

No ranting, no trolling, no lame 10 coins opinions there. just some stuff based on fact that requires to be added. I'll keep this thread modified, adding some new constructive ideas on OP, plus the name from the person who got it first.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Colour legend

Green : Non-Subject related
Cyan : Subject
Purple : Idea's Owner
Orange : Sub Subject
Default : explanations
Red : Actual wishlist
Ghost : No longer required

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

PLEASE NOTE

It is pointless to rant on this thread asking for some bugs to get fixed. if you encounter in-game bugs, the best thing you can do is to report them in-game creating a Ticket. this thread is made AND taken care of by a fan and has nothing to do with the development team. This thread exists so some content we wish come true into the game is sent to the developpers.

1) Chat related (Original Post)
Text Commands ==> These just feels required for a better experience of SWTOR, as they allow faster and smarter use of the in-game functions, for those moments when you just don't want to search in the menus.

/roll ==> it simply rolls a dice from 1 to 100.
/who [playername] ==> instead of using the search engine in the Who menu, you do it instantly via your chat log.
/quitgroup ==> makes you quit your group instantly via your chat log. may also work for Operation groups.
/quitguild ==> does the same but for your guild

Speech Bubble ==> Making the ''/say'' command useful by the use of speech bubbles directly on the screen, rather than making all communications restrained to the Chat Log. (Doolish)

FEEL FREE TO GIVE SOME MORE TEXT COMMAND IDEA, I'LL BE GLAD TO ADD THEM ON THE LIST

2) Day/Night system(Original Post)

About the Subject ==> the game just feels static without any kind of weather modifications, it is really hard to be convinced that this universe is realistic or simply immersive. I'd like to live in a world like SWTOR'S Tatooine : shiny sun all day, comfortable weather, no dull cold night... I thought Tatooine had some violent Dust Storm and a cold freezing night...

Implementing a Day/Night system ==> Doesn't require to be linked with IRL time, it would also be great if every single planets had their own time. the best example I can find comes from the first Darth Bane novel, Apatros has a 20 hours rotation period while IRL is 24. doesn't need to make sense, it just need to make the world a little more alive. less important, it also requires different kind of weather and some different colours of sky.

3) Vehicles (Original Post)

About the Subject ==> You walk around in Tatooine (best place to take my examples since it's huge and iconic to the Star Wars franchise) and there is all these swoop bikes from various colours and awesome design, but somehow you're stuck with a weird Segway, which looks good IMO. the problem is everybody has the same mount because there is only four easily got lvl 25 mounts, not counting the DD/CE Segway. to compare, WoW vanilla had 16 60% mounts per factions at launch, for a grand total of 32. you have 6 of them.

More mounts ==> the amount of easily found mounts should be upgraded to at least 12 90% mounts, obtainable on Tatooine or in the Flotilla/Coruscant

methods of payment for a Mount ==> the game requires PvP and lvl 50 commendations mounts.

IF YOU HAVE ANY KIND OF STUFF THAT WOULD RELATE TO THE CREATION OF A NEW ORIGINAL MOUNT/VEHICLE, FEEL FREE TO SHARE THEM, AS IMAGES AND CONCEPTS WILL BE ADDED ON THE LIST. ALSO FEEL FREE IF YOU HAVE AN IDEA ABOUT HOW TO FIND/WIN/BUY A MOUNT.

4) Galactic Trade Network fixes (Original Post)

UI ==> Allow to use the search engine without any kind of initial requirements.

UI ==> Move move the ''Companion gifts'' items out of ''miscellaneous''.

Hutt Trade Network ==> Requires to be moved somewhere more usesul or it'll be forgotten and unused, even though it is the only possible way to do cross-faction trades. Making it more convenient would allow items to be traded cross-faction, stimulating economies.

5) Slicing Nerf (Original Post)

About the Subject ==> Slicing is instant easy money, which is correct because it produces little to no ressources. it's however far too easy and it is dangerous in long term for any server's economy. it'll create a Slicing skilled elite, making any other skills totally pointless.

Less credit income for Slicers ==> the Slicers should receive less money from their screw skill, making their income similar to the value of any other mission crew skill ressources. considering BioWare can't determine how much each type of ressources values on various servers, it should just value twice the amount of credits another mission crew skill may receive for selling its ressources to the Non Player Character.
EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED WITH PATCH 1.0.1. THANKS FOR LISTENING BIOWARE.

6) Server Forums (Senden)

SWTOR.com ==> Each server should have its own forum on SWTOR.com, so the community and the events related to this particular server can be easily discussed once you're not in the game.

LAST UPDATE 12/29/11 - Patch 1.0.1 listened to the 5th wish of the list, it it now putted in ghost for achives and may be destroyed when the post will lack space.

Senden
12.26.2011 , 10:48 AM | #2
Server forums.. people who don't care about communities or check server forums need not bother commenting but go ask RPers how important it is to have official server forums.

Claymaniac
12.26.2011 , 10:50 AM | #3
Appreciate the effort, and I agree with a lot of this. However, what makes this "Official"?
Skeksis: Jedi Sage on Prophecy of the Five. P5 FTW!!!

Haristo
12.26.2011 , 10:53 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Claymaniac View Post
Appreciate the effort, and I agree with a lot of this. However, what makes this "Official"?
yeah... poor choice of word... I just want this thread to be the main one, so we don't have to search between rants and crap to find a good idea...

Doolish
12.26.2011 , 10:57 AM | #5
Speech bubbles of some way of speaking to other avatars directly without whisper or using general chat.

I just cant fathom why this wasnt included, whoever made that design choice should be fired immediately. I feel this simple omission has really hurt the forming of community in this game.

SnoggyMack
12.26.2011 , 11:00 AM | #6
To the OP: I'd stick to "content" with your list. Calling for a nerf isn't content. I'd remove the call for a slicing nerf and replace it with something that falls into the title of your thread, essentially content additions that will improve the game.
Snoggy Mack
My Blog
My quote: "All the other kids with the pumped up Sith, you better run, better run, faster than my blaster"

Haristo
12.26.2011 , 11:04 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SnoggyMack View Post
To the OP: I'd stick to "content" with your list. Calling for a nerf isn't content. I'd remove the call for a slicing nerf and replace it with something that falls into the title of your thread, essentially content additions that will improve the game.
I'm pretty sorry but it has to be known. This issue makes the game economy totally unbalanced. modifying this little part of content can change the entire Economy gimmick. it is not really ''new content'' but it is not a glitch either.

Haristo
12.29.2011 , 12:35 AM | #8
UPDATED.

Keep on the good constructive work.

Battyone
12.29.2011 , 12:37 AM | #9
2 quick FYI's

You can /leave to leave a party and /gquit to quit a guild.
Amistar Nelmarra -- 55 Sage, Ebon Hawk <The Azure Blades>
I stream my bad gameplay.
Come watch the Fat Man rageth on Twitch!

Benacci
12.29.2011 , 12:46 AM | #10
Only planet earth has both daylight and nighttime thanks to our awesome galaxy. But earth is not even on my galaxy map. Some of these planets are too far away for sunlight, or maybe the atmosphere wont permit sunlight... ever. Or hey some planets have enough light or moons to keep it lit 24/7. I dunno.... **** some of these planets are big, they probably need 60 hours to complete a day. Whatever i probably had too much spice..... >_>.