The Return of Junga Mayans

ChidoriOokami

The server is still alive, and many events and great confrontations have been occurring recently ^^ If you guys want a server with PvP, PvE and RP honestly, JM has many dedicated an honest guilds and also of course lone wolves that oblige.

I realize there may be some people who will bash this thread but realize that Jung Ma has its own policing forces, thanks to inter-guild communication/cooperation in keeping all members and/or rogue elements in line, especially from harassing lowbies or players just doing their story missions in areas zoned for PvP.

No server is perfect, but just wanted to send this shout out from Jung Ma ^^ The key is using forums or other sites to make sure communication is done out-game and not only in-game since people may have many toons.

Edited by ChidoriOokami

The server is still alive, and many events and great confrontations have been occurring recently ^^ If you guys want a server with PvP, PvE and RP honestly, JM has many dedicated an honest guilds and also of course lone wolves that oblige.

I realize there may be some people who will bash this thread but realize that Jung Ma has its own policing forces, thanks to inter-guild communication/cooperation in keeping all members and/or rogue elements in line, especially from harassing lowbies or players just doing their story missions in areas zoned for PvP.

No server is perfect, but just wanted to send this shout out from Jung Ma ^^ The key is using forums or other sites to make sure communication is done out-game and not only in-game since people may have many toons.

The server is alive as this thread.

I appreciate you trying to restore your once great server.... so... for the moment... this isn't going on page 2!

Good luck on bringing back Jung Ma back to life.

The fact that you felt the need to post it's not dead just shows it's just that. lol

The only threads you see stating that, are ones from the dead/dying servers: Pot5, Jung Ma, BC, etc...lol

Well that's encouraging. lol I just wanted to shout it out because so many people are assuming that ;o but i know for Jung Ma, plenty of events have been going on and done with with very little to no trolls at all ;o Kind of like rooting for a team that does really well but no one pays attention to! ^^

Edited by ChidoriOokami

The only people left on Jung Ma are gankers and the poor souls who started there and haven't had enough bad experiences to move out like I did.

^_^ You may say that now, but we're working on some things that will change the minds of everyone out there! ;D Jung Ma never changed, only its people. With a new influx of players, the consistent ones are consolidating and communicating!

I encourage other servers to do the same to prevent the occurrences of bad experiences!

And guilds are cooperating more and more to police sectors that had previously been known to contain gankers.

You've been doing a really rotten job of it then, as I've been freely ganking for years now. I'd love to fight your little police force just to kill some time in between pops, so please tell me where you patrol and maybe I'll show up to knife you. :cool:

http://www.torstatus.net/jung-ma/history/7d

http://www.torstatus.net/jung-ma/history/7d#!/jung-ma/history/30d

Its been flat lined for a long time.

Admittedly I have not logged into the game for weeks but at prime time you may find @30 people in fleet for the Republic and maybe a few more than that on Empire.

Population does not define the health of a server, it only defines the number of people and an average number of logins. :)

I am talking about community! And there are some really good ones developing! If not in-game then via out-game communication.

Population does not define the health of a server, it only defines the number of people and an average number of logins. :)

I am talking about community! And there are some really good ones developing! If not in-game then via out-game communication.

Population does define the health of the server. lol You can't have a low population & a healthy server.

A healthy server has multiple options of things to do with other players at all or most times; not just peak. Not knocking your community, but you have to have more than just that to offer to get people there. lol

Jung Ma has been on it's last leg for awhile. It's following my ex home server, Pot5, sadly.

As for your "police" crew...HA Interesting idea...why hasn't someone started an anti police force guild? :cool:

Having been a prominent voice always pushing hard to promote Jung Ma (ranging from constant reddit posts, making flyer advertisements and handing them out at conventions, posting on tumblr, etc) and having lead one of the sole guilds constantly coming forward with events...

Jung Ma will never be what it used to be.

Dying or dead is not a good term to designate to the server. Perhaps...desperate to hold on is better.

Its a small community that has a couple of folks left that are amazing (like the OP), but many are long since gone. I never wanted to leave that particular server. It was very difficult to do so and I was in disbelief any other server could be better. Then when we DID realize "this isn't going to get better" and we moved, we were met with warm welcomes on a different server, tons of pops for PVP and PVE and a bushel full of open world RP where the entire server is organized and consistent. WIthin a month's time of coming out of closed RP and inviting other guilds to raid with us, Jung Ma became history to us.

All servers have trolls and bad seeds. No server is perfect either. The issue is Jung Ma has little to nothing to offer with its low pops and lack of competition in both PVP and PVE. RP is is rarely encountered in open world. There's nothing else aside from "we have some cool, caring, dedicated folks!".

I commend all those who are trying to promote this server but it hasn't changed. People will try for a little while and eventually those efforts will stop when someone gets mad. It's a process that has occurred since transfers began.

Now, IF you want close-knit RP groups of folks then go to Jung Ma. There's some awesome folks there still trying to make it, regardless if they'll end up successful or not.

Sometimes...little is better.

Also... HOLLA and...sorry this is how you'd guys get to hear from me. Someone asked me to come this way to post. I wanted to be honest.

Edited by Luniara

Having been a prominent voice always pushing hard to promote Jung Ma (ranging from constant reddit posts, making flyer advertisements and handing them out at conventions, posting on tumblr, etc) and having lead one of the sole guilds constantly coming forward with events...

Dying or dead is not a good term to designate to the server. Perhaps...desperate to hold on is better.

Its a small community that has a couple of folks left that are amazing (like the OP), but many are long since gone. I never wanted to leave that particular server. It was very difficult to do so and I was in disbelief any other server could be better. Then when we DID realize "this isn't going to get better" and we moved, we were met with warm welcomes on a different server, tons of pops for PVP and PVE and a bushel full of open world RP where the entire server is organized and consistent. WIthin a month's time of coming out of closed RP and inviting other guilds to raid with us, Jung Ma became history to us.

All servers have trolls and bad seeds. No server is perfect either. The issue is Jung Ma has little to nothing to offer with its low pops and lack of competition in both PVP and PVE. RP is is rarely encountered in open world. There's nothing else aside from "we have some cool, caring, dedicated folks!".

I commend all those who are trying to promote this server but it hasn't changed. People will try for a little while and eventually those efforts will stop when someone gets mad. It's a process that has occurred since transfers began.

Now, IF you want close-knit RP groups of folks then go to Jung Ma. There's some awesome folks there still trying to make it, regardless if they'll end up successful or not.

Also... HOLLA and...sorry this is how you'd guys get to hear from me. Someone asked me to come this way to post. I wanted to be honest.

Sadly Luni is correct, hopefully BW gets off their duff and merges it with another server but until that happens, there is little players can do to bring JM back to what it once was.

Miss ya Luni, I'm glad to hear you are doing better where you are now, you deserve it. Despite being on opposite sides, you always made me and my guild feel like part of the family. Some of us will never forget, even though life might take us on separate paths now. I can safely say the best experiences I've ever had in any MMO have been on Jung Ma, in no small part due to you.

First of all, I am honored by another Jung Mayan Elder visiting this thread ^^

Beautifully said Luniara.

I don't pretend to act or want to be ignorant of the facts... It's just that sometimes its my personality to try and do what other people say is impossible. Maybe it has something to do with my pride.. >_>

So when I hear many people say that Jung Ma is lost, I get pretty passionate xD

I can't really argue with players who have been on JM longer than I have, especially with those who had transferred since they are my elders -- but maybe that's why it is fitting that im in a guild called <Voices of the Fallen> ^^

Maybe a lot of great people have left JM and maybe JM could, in some peoples' views be fallen or lost -- but like Luniara said, there is still a great community here, close knit and honest. I think JM was a place that a lot of SWTOR players grew up in, and maybe SOME owing their love for the game to this server.

I am amazed that people such as Luniara and others would go so far to help Jung Ma in the past (flyers, tumblr, conventions etc) It opens my eyes wider and encourages me to stay here and find more of those sparks which ignited some of its past greatest people. -- Call me nostalgic or borderline roleplay-confused-with-reality-- but I think this kind of passion is fun hehe.

I know that all the other servers have great things going for them, and hey yeah maybe one day Jung Ma WILL merge with other server. Until then, I might probably continue following in the footsteps of the ones who left, while being guided by the ones that remain. Listening to the voices of the fallen and the stories they have in this server ^^

Not Giving Up, Forward Until the Server Merges or Or Otherwise <3

There was only one thing I would challenge, and that is

It won't ever be the same that is true...unless everyone that left comes back-- BUT it will become better, somehow. This way, other servers will also do better and better, which will bring more SWTOR players in general.

HOPE LIVES!

Despite the low population, I can honestly say that out of all the servers I've played on (and I've played on a LOT since launch), Jung Ma has by FAR the friendliest and most inclusive community.

I'd be overjoyed if the population improved there.

Jung Ma's high point was right before BW pulled Ranked 8s. The server population was a true eclectic mix of PvPers, RPers and PvErs at that time. Truly one of the best MMO communities I've ever been a part of.

However, after RotHC, it began its descent into anonymity. I made a lot of good friends on Jung Ma. In fact, I still play SWTOR with many of them today. We just play on Ebon Hawk now.

RIP Jung Ma

Edited by DarthOvertone

Despite the low population, I can honestly say that out of all the servers I've played on (and I've played on a LOT since launch), Jung Ma has by FAR the friendliest and most inclusive community.

I'd be overjoyed if the population improved there.

The Return of Jung Ma is real and will happen ;o But our current population needs to stick it out and hang in there! ^^ Make your activities with friends, guilds, groups and random encounters meaningful and memorable ;o report notorious ganker names to guild leaders! Or at least to me ^^ Im here to serve JM as much as I can, with what limited time i have!

May Ze Force Be Vith You!

Jung Ma's high point was right before BW pulled Ranked 8s.

I wonder how many servers were put on life support shortly after 2.4 - I know that's when POT5 practically died. That may go down as one of the worst patches ever for the PvP community in SWTOR.

Edited by Jherad

I wonder how many servers were put on life support shortly after 2.4 - I know that's when POT5 practically died. That may go down as one of the worst patches ever for the PvP community in SWTOR.

Pot5 didn't start dying till mid 3.0. lol

Then it slid down the hill on a greased banana peel! :D Sadly. :(

Pot5 had a rather toxic group of trolls though, I'll say.