Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Favorite Star Wars Author

BrandonSM
12.26.2011 , 10:34 AM | #1
So what's everyone's favorite author/Author's?

Stover and Zahn here. Then Sean Stewart.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

reillan
12.26.2011 , 10:36 AM | #2
Aaron Allston.

I thought his first Wraith Squadron book was amazingly well done
Band of Hope & A Light in the Dark - Christian-based Shien guilds.

ViceGat
12.26.2011 , 02:38 PM | #3
I like Perry the most. I've read a lot of Star Wars books, but his style is the one closest to what I write, so I grasp it a little bit better than the others.
http://www.ghostgalaxyonline.com/Index.html
Home of the brand new Ghost Galaxy sci-fi universe

jigawtz
12.26.2011 , 03:01 PM | #4
Matthew Woodring Stover. I know he only wrote a few novels in the Star Wars universe. But his other work is amazing. As far as fantasy novels go, his are among my favorite.

Darthsnowdon
12.26.2011 , 03:35 PM | #5
karen traviss

BrandonSM
12.26.2011 , 03:43 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthsnowdon View Post
karen traviss
She hates the Jedi and believes they should all die..
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

JynetikXIII
12.26.2011 , 04:15 PM | #7
Zahn, Stackpole, and Allston.

The best of the EU (in my humble opinion) is the stuff written in the late 90's and early 00's. There was still a lot of back and forth between Lucas and the authors at that point, and there wasn't a mountain of "EU Lore" to trip over and dodge around when writing so the material comes off as cleaner and more true to the movies.

- X-Wing series
- Thrawn Trilogy
- Spectre of the Past / Vision of the Future
- Jedi Academy Trilogy
- I, Jedi

Kraygh
12.26.2011 , 09:11 PM | #8
I confess I haven't read many of the Star Wars Novels, and I may be tossed in a Sarlac Pit for this... but I did enjoy Drew Kar...something somethings, Darth Bane Trilogy.

SillyDreadnought
12.26.2011 , 10:29 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Writer bias is irrelevant. She was still a good writer, at least outside of the Vong War novels. But that said, the Vong War books are the weakest of all the Star Wars novels.

As for me, Micheal A. Stackpole for winnar.

Vamporius
12.26.2011 , 10:52 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Did the jedi not use what would be considered a "Slave army"? all she does is point out something rather obvious.