368 packs opened ZERO sabers. Working as intended!

Gothreg

You need to look at your drop rates. You seriously need to review your internal data and make changes as needed.

Unless your goal was to piss a lot of customers off or to screw up the game economy, then mission accomplished! :D

Makes little difference to me at this point if you listen, I have made up my mind and CM is now not a reasonable option. I will buy 'select' items off the GTN of the mood strikes but I do not wish to support the current CM model.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to look at your drop rates. You seriously need to review your internal data and make changes as needed.

Unless your goal was to piss a lot of customers off or to screw up the game economy, then mission accomplished! :D

Makes little difference to me at this point if you listen, I have made up my mind and CM is now not a reasonable option. I will buy 'select' items off the GTN of the mood strikes but I do not wish to support the current CM model.

It is just a light saber. A light saber with a cool graphic...I can not begin to fathom what cause people to spend $$ or resources on stuff like that. Got my descendants heirloom saber for 350k, and it does the same job the arbiter saber does with the added side effect of keeping my money!

Edited by nissanmaxima

request sticky????

They are not the problem. You are. People who keep throwing money at them. They will continue screw the packs as long as people pay them. It's your money sure, just don't be surprised the next time you open 300 packs and get crap.

Edited by jankiel

It is just a light saber. A light saber with a cool graphic...I can not begin to fathom what cause people to spend $$ or resources on stuff like that. Got my descendants heirloom saber for 350k, and it does the same job the arbiter saber does with the added side effect of keeping my money!

I 'used to' collect packs... call me OCD. It has always been my guilty little pleasure but I would not have done so if I had faced the same drop rate we are seeing today.

As to why? well, the money is not a huge issue for me until it gets above $150 or so. This one went much higher because I wanted to test just how insane the drop rates were. I could have stopped at about 200-225 with a fairly complete collection, just missing the sabers (obviously) and two other items, one of the armor and a mount that did not drop.

They are not the problem. You are. People who keep throwing money at them. They will continue screw the packs as long as people pay them. It's your money sure, just don't be surprised the next time you open 300 packs and get crap.

Pfft please, I did not set the drop rate, I simply chose whether or not I wanted to spend my money. I now choose not to.

I get what you are saying, but the drop IS there, it's just a redonk low chance. That's gambling for you!

Yep cant argue with that... always has been a gamble, now its just an unreasonable one :p

I'm not crying about the money, I played I lost, all is fine. I just know that many cannot afford to spend that kind of coin on a ridiculously small chance. Just from a customer service standpoint its not good business to leave an average customer (I am not counting myself as an average spender) with a feeling that they were not getting a fair trade. Not saying they need to make them crazy easy drops but I think they need to real in the odds a bit.

Edited by Gothreg

This is why world economy will destroy most of our society, because people get angry when they spend money on a chance based item which is a very rare drop. Some people should try gamling, at least someone will knock on their shoulder and ask if everything is okay.....

Yep cant argue with that... always has been a gamble, now its just an unreasonable one :p

I bought ten packs and got the rancor, zakuul sidecar, the taun taun looking thing, the warbot companion and a bunch of bother good stuff. I cashed out there!!!

Edited by Aylias

Pfft please, I did not set the drop rate, I simply chose whether or not I wanted to spend my money. I now choose not to.

I get what you are saying. What I meant is that people buy these packs despite Bioware changing them for the worse since 4.0. No wonder they are trying to squeeze each and every cent. Now it reached absurd heights.

tossin out several Internet Hugs. i would never dream of spending that type of currency on any pack (ok, the nightlife packs had me scratching); and I am really sorry that it didnt work out. I know it might sound like lip service, but I can understand wanting to get something--even digital--and it falling out of grasp. I was aching for the Tulak Hord armor set, but, alas, it was not in the cards.

heres to the future and may the graces of the RNG Gods shine upon you.

I 'used to' collect packs... call me OCD. It has always been my guilty little pleasure but I would not have done so if I had faced the same drop rate we are seeing today.

As to why? well, the money is not a huge issue for me until it gets above $150 or so. This one went much higher because I wanted to test just how insane the drop rates were. I could have stopped at about 200-225 with a fairly complete collection, just missing the sabers (obviously) and two other items, one of the armor and a mount that did not drop.

I understand that. Ive done it myself. I could spend $150 and not miss it, but I think the problem is that a lot of these addicted gamblers get so fixated on something new, that they are serious willing to break their bank accounts just obtain one, even though deep down they know the item is worthless. If this is an item that I must absolutely have, I will simply be patient and wait until they flood the market (which they will) over time, and then spend some credits that ive earned through playing to purchase one at a reasonable price. Until then, the mods in my saber have not changed, and it will continue to allow me to play the game at the same level with a fatter wallet :p

I understand that. Ive done it myself. I could spend $150 and not miss it, but I think the problem is that a lot of these addicted gamblers get so fixated on something new, that they are serious willing to break their bank accounts just obtain one, even though deep down they know the item is worthless. If this is an item that I must absolutely have, I will simply be patient and wait until they flood the market (which they will) over time, and then spend some credits that ive earned through playing to purchase one at a reasonable price. Until then, the mods in my saber have not changed, and it will continue to allow me to play the game at the same level with a fatter wallet :p

Yeah agreed, I set a budget for the pack and roll the dice, this one I decided to keep going because I had the disposable income and it was not going to be an issue... plus I really wanted to see just how out of whack it was.

Question asked and answered.

But to your point on those souls that just can't let it go.... you are right, they are creating an unnecessary hazard for those with gambling issues.

tossin out several Internet Hugs. i would never dream of spending that type of currency on any pack (ok, the nightlife packs had me scratching); and I am really sorry that it didnt work out. I know it might sound like lip service, but I can understand wanting to get something--even digital--and it falling out of grasp. I was aching for the Tulak Hord armor set, but, alas, it was not in the cards.

heres to the future and may the graces of the RNG Gods shine upon you.

Thank you! and back at cha!

I opened 300 packs (10 Hypercrates), got everything bar the Warbot companion and the lightsabres.

I was mostly after the creature mounts and pets though (see 'Zoo' in sig... :) ), so overall I got what I really wanted.

I do rather like the Warbot and Unstable Sabres though, so I'll see if any crop up at an affordable price (at least I have loads of junk to try to flog to cover the costs :) )

I used to buy a few Hypercrates each time they came out, but the last couple only had a couple of things I wanted in each so I just bought the items off the GTN. That combined with the long delay since the last pack came out meant I had a fair amount of my usual Hypercrate splurge money saved up, and figured 'why not' and got 10 of this one.

Not sure I'll buy the next set though if the cubes still drop so much, I said some rather rude words when I opened five packs in a row and got two cubes in each... :)

Well you've given them 4 months worth of your average purchases to get you back on side heh.

I honestly can't believe how successful a ploy this saber was in this pack.

FWIW I am going to probably spend upto $50 mill credits when I get home ( probably a lot less because I think I'm going to get the staff as opposed to the one handed saber ) - real cost to me ... $0.

I thank you though because it takes people to buy packs and flick items for me to be able to make all these credits and with 368 packs I'm sure you'll have some very nice stuff incoming from your cubes to the market in time. :)

If you really bought 368 packs.. you (and other CM whales) are validating their choice of drops and drop rates.

Want to change the way they do things? Stop buying packs... especially hundreds of the same pack.

As for the saber... meh.. not even that attractive when previewed next to a regular saber. I really don't see the appeal. The blade graphic is poor quality and the hilt is way oversized IMO.

Edited by Andryah

normally we used to say it's thanks to players like you that the game is alive..but with how is the game now, i can say it's because players like you that BW does nothing good for content. cartel rules.

just stop buying and oblige bw to do better...:(

despite this, the fact that the saber is a categorized as a gold but seems to be ultrarare is a scam, i am sorry but it is. it's easy to propose a pack and keep hidden the real drop rate of the items looted. i am sure it's not legal.

Edited by Thaladan

If you really bought 368 packs.. you (and other CM whales) are validating their choice of drops and drop rates.

Want to change the way they do things? Stop buying packs... especially hundreds of the same pack.

As for the saber... meh.. not even that attractive when previewed next to a regular saber. I really don't see the appeal. The blade graphic is poor quality and the hilt is way oversized IMO.

Clearly people paying 50 million+ credits for them and $100's of real dollars just to get them don't agree with this assessment.

normally we used to say it's thanks to players like you that the game is alive..but with how is the game now, i can say it's because players like you that BW does nothing good for content. cartel rules.

just stop buying and oblige bw to do better...:(

despite this, the fact that the saber is a categorized as a gold but seems to be ultrarare is a scam, i am sorry but it is. it's easy to propose a pack and keep hidden the real drop rate of the items looted. i am sure it's not legal.

I think you'll find you're off with t he "legal" part but I too am disappointed that it's made to seem like "gold" shares the same drop rate but clearly all items do not.

To be fair they never said it does, just they share the same term in rarity ... still it's really quite misleading.

Clearly people paying 50 million+ credits for them and $100's of real dollars just to get them don't agree with this assessment.

You know.. it's mostly an epeen event... people like to show off... even if it is with something clunky and ugly and virtual. Which is why people are complaining so much about the super rare drop rate (clearly it is on the extreme end of gold rarity scale).. they feel cheated out of their impulse for in-game epeen.

Edited by Andryah