Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early game access false advertising.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Early game access false advertising.

DarthZak
12.13.2011 , 04:13 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Msbungle View Post
""The length of your Early Game Access period will vary and depend on the order in which your Pre-Order Code was redeemed."

They never said it would depend on the order which you redeemed your code... not that it would be linear!

Maybe they are doing some high-order math where the redemption date is only a factor! LOL
Send usernames to the BW support or StephenReid
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

SolidusGB
12.13.2011 , 04:14 PM | #22
If Bioware was under investigation you sure as hell wouldn't be able to advertise this on the forums. Think you should concentrate on your school work and leave the talking to the big boys.
CE VIP See you on the other side

realtalent
12.13.2011 , 04:15 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by YurikArkady View Post
Uh huh.

So you've sent the information to SR so he can fact check this, right?
Yea he should have the info, and Support is trying to figure out what went wrong aswell
"Everyone dies. It is the final and only lasting justice."

Isumaru
12.13.2011 , 04:16 PM | #24
it's not under investigation, i don't even work for them in any kind of investigative capacity, i work in IT. But when i go into work tomorrow and ask my colleagues about what rights i have in this situation along with anyone else i want the right information

Sunsliver
12.13.2011 , 04:16 PM | #25
I am sorry...

They covered their rears.

You MAY have access up to 5 days before launch date. Key word is MAY. You definately have NO CASE until December 15th sicne we are not even to the 5 day mark yet.

Also the date may not be factor but unless you know their algorithm, your post is pointless.

Who is to say they didn't do it by registration TIME instead of Date. Those that registered between 12:00 AM and 1:00 AM got in first. Even if they registered on December 12th.

Likelyhood is little BUT this post is rediculous. They are covered from all aspects.

Put your efforts towards something else more productive please.

YurikArkady
12.13.2011 , 04:17 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Isumaru View Post
it's not under investigation, i don't even work for them in any kind of investigative capacity, i work in IT. But when i go into work tomorrow and ask my colleges about what rights i have in this situation along with anyone else i want the right information

The only right you have in this situation is the right to cancel your payment because the game isn't released yet.
Quote: Originally Posted by Telvannis View Post
Grey viable?

All I know is my gut says maybe.

Ghstwolf
12.13.2011 , 04:18 PM | #27
Does anyone have screenshots backing these accusations up? It shouldn't be hard to prove.

RoadtripII
12.13.2011 , 04:19 PM | #28
I work for UK trading standards. The reason for this post is to gather evidence. I will be contacting bioware. Probably from work tomorrow.
I too work for an anti-liar-liar-pants-on-fire organization and will be contacting bioware tomorrow from my padded cell, err...office. Or maybe the day after tomorrow as I will probably get some ice cream tommorow. OK - the day after that for sure...unless I'm already in game cause whats the point then?
FOR SALE: hardly used! Will trade for or sell for

Giantmage
12.13.2011 , 04:19 PM | #29
it's not under investigation, i don't even work for them in any kind of investigative capacity, i work in IT. But when i go into work tomorrow and ask my colleagues about what rights i have in this situation along with anyone else i want the right information
you have no rights, the advert clearly stated you MAY get up to 5 days early game time
1. its not even 5 days before
2. they can invite you one day before and it is still up to 5 days
3. UP TO means anywere between 1-5 so they can invite you one day before and still be sticking to the advert.

And it isnt false advertising

Msbungle
12.13.2011 , 04:22 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthZak View Post
Send usernames to the BW support or StephenReid
Uh, I wasn't complaining. Notice I had quotation marks even if it wasn't in a neat little box.

The point is that all I have seen is that admission into early release will be based on code redemption. I have not seen that defined though. For example, if they decide that half of today would be made of people who redeemed in July and the other half in November, then that is still technically based on code redemption dates. It's just not what most people think (or hope) is meant by their statement.