Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early game access false advertising.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Early game access false advertising.

Isumaru
12.13.2011 , 03:54 PM | #1
Ok so here is the deal. I activated my pre-order code some weeks ago. My friend had no money to preorder, so i bought the game for him and gave him the preorder code.
This was 2-3 weeks after i activated my pre-order code.
Everywhere i look, and repeated a massive amount of times i see this line
"The length of your Early Game Access period will vary and depend on the order in which your Pre-Order Code was redeemed."

So what i have here is clear hard evidence is that this is not the case at all, My key activated before a friends i know this because i purchased both. Codes activated almost a month apart.
And yet he has access to the game today during the second wave of invites. And my email inbox is empty.
Now i could have understood getting them the same wave. But i don't see how it's possible for the above statement to be true at all considering the evidence i have seen today with my own eyes.

This is a clear case of false advertising. Now i'm not sure if this is the case for anyone else. Maybe other people could share their thoughts. But if it is the case that these early access periods are not at all issued in the way it is stated they are then i'm kinda really annoyed about being lied to.
And lied to before i even started to play.

I've tried calling customer services as i'd rather speak to a human about this matter but obviously the lines are busy and there is no hold service. The one time i did get though the line told me that it would not deal with in game issues. Then it proceeded to give me 4 options about in game issues and a 5th option of other inquires, When i pressed this key it told me to submit a ticket in game....

I wouldn't be so annoyed about this if the darn thing wasn't plastered ALL OVER your site over and over and over.

Adawn
12.13.2011 , 03:57 PM | #2
Thank you, You described basicly what happened to me.

cptsvaho
12.13.2011 , 03:58 PM | #3
the same thing has happened to me. my fiancee's little brother got in this morning first wave and he ordered a little more than a week ago vs. me who redeemed my code back in mid-august. there is something completely wrong with this and i am sorely disappointed with this system.
"Do my boots have jets on them? My boots have jets on them! That's coool."

Bileous
12.13.2011 , 04:00 PM | #4
Was your friend part of a guild?
Could this be the reason why he gained access before you?

DarthZak
12.13.2011 , 04:01 PM | #5
If this happens contact BioWare with evidence

Dont complain about it here.
There is a chance they did something wrong with the pulling of data, it happens since theyre only human
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

sneetz
12.13.2011 , 04:01 PM | #6
i agree, something is fishy, when people pre order for early access, there should be no favoritism just cause of when people pre-order,,, keep in mind, there are alot of people who cant justify spending 80 bucks for a game, it took me 4 months to scrounge it up just to be able to pre order on the 4th of this month.. so i expect to get in like everyone else who is already in the game
ANYTHING and EVERYTHING can be bought...

FOR the Right PRICE!!!!

Isumaru
12.13.2011 , 04:01 PM | #7
no not part of a guild, he activated his code after beta access had ended

Spoet
12.13.2011 , 04:01 PM | #8
ya 2 of my friends registered their pre order codes in December and are playing as well. I know some that pre ordered in July and still have yet to get access.

Isumaru
12.13.2011 , 04:05 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthZak View Post
If this happens contact BioWare with evidence

Dont complain about it here.
There is a chance they did something wrong with the pulling of data, it happens since theyre only human
I work for UK trading standards. The reason for this post is to gather evidence. I will be contacting bioware. Probably from work tomorrow.

Isumaru
12.13.2011 , 04:08 PM | #10
I mostly want to know if my case is isolated or if there really is a problem here