Forum Time Zone

btmart

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I see no reason for this option to not exist; tired of seeing forum posts be 4 hours fast (where is that even at, anyway, Greenland? :eek: ). Tried to set my location to nearest major city, but that didn't work; guess I'll have to use a bigger one, or clear my cache? ugh

edit: posted this at 12:45am EDT, showing as 4:45am...

Edited by Kiryan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Yeah my time on the forums is off like 4 hours! Why has Bioware not fixed this yet, people have been pushing for like 2 years and nothing has changed. They don't really have an excuse either because they certainly have the resources to change something on the forums seeing how they got rid of the option to change your forum time zone in the first place. Edited by CaptainKurota

• 2 months later...

This is a test of the BioWare Timezone System.

Should this be an actual Timezone, an automatic message will play and say "No" five times in ten seconds.

This message will never stop and will continue to loop until you throw your keyboard and/or mouse across the room.

We appreciate you reading this post. We now go back to our normal routine of silence.

KC

Okay, so let's test this again.. .

EDIT: Okay, yeah still works fine for me, so once again what you need to do is this.

Odds are if it's not working for you then their dumb system doesn't realize where you live. SO you need to lie to the system and tell it you live somewhere else... FOr example, I live in the Central US Time Zone. So, while it does recognize my city, let's pretend it doesn't. SO major cities? CHICAGO ILLINOIS. :p BAM It should work. If their system doesn't recognize Chicago as a valid location for the time zone software, there's a problem. So, that's a way to fix it, at least until they give us an actual choice of time zone again.... Just find a bigger more well known city in your time zone to use as your location.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

Okay, so let's test this again.. .

EDIT: Okay, yeah still works fine for me, so once again what you need to do is this.

Odds are if it's not working for you then their dumb system doesn't realize where you live. SO you need to lie to the system and tell it you live somewhere else... FOr example, I live in the Central US Time Zone. So, while it does recognize my city, let's pretend it doesn't. SO major cities? CHICAGO ILLINOIS. :p BAM It should work. If their system doesn't recognize Chicago as a valid location for the time zone software, there's a problem. So, that's a way to fix it, at least until they give us an actual choice of time zone again.... Just find a bigger more well known city in your time zone to use as your location.

Where are you finding the option for this at? :rak_02:

Edited by Dyno_mite

All right - I went into Forum Management under "My Account", then "Update Profile" and down to "where I live" and put in Los Angeles, California. It didn't change a thing? Am I doing it in the wrong place? Can you give a step by step of where you found the solution AbsoluteGrndZero?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I can confirm. I don't live there, but since it is in the Central Time Zone (as am I) I put Chicago, Ill and BANG! Correct times.

EDIT:

It seems that you must use City and State (3 letters) i.e. Ill, Cal, Tex and so on.

I did this with my correct (closest) city and it worked.

Edited by Sixam
Add new information

All right - I went into Forum Management under "My Account", then "Update Profile" and down to "where I live" and put in Los Angeles, California. It didn't change a thing? Am I doing it in the wrong place? Can you give a step by step of where you found the solution AbsoluteGrndZero?

Seems it's *****y about what cities it recognizes... Try Las Vegas, NV. Try Seattle, WA.

And yea it's even weird about the "state" sometimes you can abbreviate sometimes you gotta spell it out.

Unless you really care about your profile being accurate about where you live so you just need to find a city/state combo that works for your time zone.

Although they seem to not go with Daylight Savings Time, as this post says 7:09PM and it's 6:09PM but.... it's better than it showing in GMT.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

• 11 months later...
I can confirm. I don't live there, but since it is in the Central Time Zone (as am I) I put Chicago, Ill and BANG! Correct times.

EDIT:

It seems that you must use City and State (3 letters) i.e. Ill, Cal, Tex and so on.

I did this with my correct (closest) city and it worked.

I have tried:

New York, NY

New York, N.Y.

New York, New York

Charlottesville, VA

Charlottesville, Va.

Miami, FL

Miami, Fl.

Miami, Fla

Miami, Florida

Chicago, Ill

The times shown on the forum have been, and still are, six hours ahead of my location (EST). No change, ever.

Am I putting this in the right box? My account >> Forum Management >> Update your profile >> Location Where you live ... correct?

Edited by InfamousDolphin