All Lockboxes rewarded from Heroics are now Bind on Pickup

Wurble

I hadn't noticed that... what a douchebag move to make.

Geez BW... you really love sticking it to your player base don't you? Good thing I've been grinding away non-stop for 3 months getting my most-played characters up to a respectable Alliance stage. Guess I'll just mothball the rest of them.

I don't think this is related to the Alliance, since those things are called in the notes "Alliance Supply Crates." If you're below level 61 you don't get crates for Heroics, you get lockboxes, that's almost certainly what's being referred to.

Is this referring to the pre-61 heroic lockboxes that dropped gear?

If so, I can kind of understand it. Running heroics on a 60 and then sending those to give a level 1 character 178 rating gear was kind of ... overpowered. :)

Yes, those are the lockboxes. I suspect the OP and poster prior to you were confusing "lockbox" with "alliance supply crate."

Yes, those are the lockboxes. I suspect the OP and poster prior to you were confusing "lockbox" with "alliance supply crate."

Yes, I just re-read the patch notes and I think you are right.

Thank goodness I waited for more replies, I just about through my toys out the window.

Edited by Avalyssia

Yes, I just re-read the patch notes and I think you are right.

Thank goodness I waited for more replies, I just about through my toys out the window.

Yall were right. Yeah, I thought it meant the alliance supply crates. I have a lot of alts but only a couple are through KOTFE. I like to run a lot of alts through a bunch of quick heroics to get crates for my alts that have actually done KOTFE. Sorry for the misunderstanding and thank you to the folks who read the notes more carefully than I.

I don't think this is related to the Alliance, since those things are called in the notes "Alliance Supply Crates." If you're below level 61 you don't get crates for Heroics, you get lockboxes, that's almost certainly what's being referred to.

Most likely if they lock heroic lockboxes, it is ALL of them, and "Alliance Supply Crates" are just a kind of lockboxes.

This is a bummer. I liked being able to give the lockboxes to alts that needed them. Otherwise, considering they spawn random armor there is no point in them once you get the set you need.

Oh well. I just hope the current boxes are not bound when I log in so I can dump them in my legacy storage.

This is a bummer. I liked being able to give the lockboxes to alts that needed them. Otherwise, considering they spawn random armor there is no point in them once you get the set you need.

Oh well. I just hope the current boxes are not bound when I log in so I can dump them in my legacy storage.

all those boxes are changed. i am not happy :mad:

all those boxes are changed. i am not happy :mad:

When I saw the change in instant 60 armor, knowing that some of my guild did rerolls for gear I told them 'The heroic boxes will go bind on pickup soon, I'm betting they noticed people doing it to gear alts'.

Seeing this added into the patch did not surprise me. I let people know it was a good possibility that it'd all go BoP and when they asked if that meant they should stop I said it would be too late and the issue was probably very widespread with people doing rerolls for gear. I said that it was probably more of what they were seeing for the massive data influx than just people getting the instant 60 gear.

Guess the change I expected became 'sooner' rather than 'later'.

BAH! You had me almost unsubbing, thinking you meant the Alliance Crates! I rushed to log on to check and they are still bound to legacy, thank the gods. The lockboxes you get when your at level 60 or lower from Heroics, i dont care about. But the Alliance Crates, i do care about and i about lost my mind thinking they were nerfed.