Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: 9 February 2016

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

lightSaberAddiCt
02.09.2016 , 06:01 PM | #2541
Quote: Originally Posted by izztranlyn View Post
Maybe like a jetpack?
Or better yet, make everyone who isnt a sub to wait till the 12th. That would be both fair, and funny as H$#

RaiderMid
02.09.2016 , 06:01 PM | #2542
Server may be up but getting infinite log in.

Rash_in
02.09.2016 , 06:01 PM | #2543
Quote: Originally Posted by rivainn View Post
Yo! My first post ever on these forums, because my evening plans were a little derailed XD

Everyone please remember that Eric is literally just imparting information. He didn't bug the game, nor is it his responsibility to fix patch problems. He has no obligation whatsoever to keep us informed, but he's doing it anyway - and is getting completely ripped apart for it. I hope he's desensitized to this stuff because damn kids, your salt is sharp and stings like the acid it came from.

I've only been playing this game for six weeks and have only been subbed for a month, so my experience with patch problems are non-existent up til this point; maybe that's why I haven't become a violent rage monster like some of you. I know passion gives you strength, power, victory, and freedom, but there's no need to go all Kylo Ren on someone's earnest attempt at keeping you updated.

I can only imagine how hectic it must be in the game offices right now. Any of you play LoL and were around for the ranked/server shutdown this past August? There was a dev blog about the incident and it describes an insanely busy and stressful time trying to fix the issues. Everyone on the SWTOR team is probably in high gear right now, working as hard as they can. It sucks that we can't play, but try to step back and look objectively at the situation: a problem came up. It's being fixed. They're trying hard. Give it time.

TL;DR calm your Sith mammaries, folks. Everything will be alright.

P.S. This will be my first time getting subscriber rewards (the jetpack thing). Will that only be available on one character? How do rewards get given to you? Figured I could sneak these questions in here, since there's a lot of traffic atm :P
^^ The right mentality.

UrsaDaBear
02.09.2016 , 06:02 PM | #2544
Quote: Originally Posted by imporat View Post
...and suddenly... ...everything is silent here
All the trolls went back to griping about the game. Expect the same type of behavior next major patch.
The Howaan Legacy
Nephero - The One-Eyed Hawk - 65 Sniper
Darrorn - Mandalore's Force of Light - 65 Jedi Sentinel
Nyraxia - The Rattataki Blood Huntress - 65 Mercenary

ShatterClub
02.09.2016 , 06:02 PM | #2545
Quote: Originally Posted by RaiderMid View Post
Server may be up but getting infinite log in.
Restart the launcher and try again.
You're clearly not a gundark.
Your ears are too small.

GamerMama
02.09.2016 , 06:03 PM | #2546
Quote: Originally Posted by Attaroa View Post
It's on, people.

Now will you shut up and go kill something already?
I WOULD except that after a log in and hit "Play" the entire game shuts down...it's done this 4 times in a row.

How can I play if my game crashes on startup?

Rash_in
02.09.2016 , 06:04 PM | #2547
Quote: Originally Posted by UrsaDaBear View Post
All the trolls went back to griping about the game. Expect the same type of behavior next major patch.
Everyone went to login at once and.....latency EVARYWARe.

UrsaDaBear
02.09.2016 , 06:04 PM | #2548
If any of you fine ladies and gentlemen were not installing the patch while the servers were down, you're gonna have a bad time.
The Howaan Legacy
Nephero - The One-Eyed Hawk - 65 Sniper
Darrorn - Mandalore's Force of Light - 65 Jedi Sentinel
Nyraxia - The Rattataki Blood Huntress - 65 Mercenary

Attaroa
02.09.2016 , 06:04 PM | #2549
Quote: Originally Posted by imporat View Post
...and suddenly... ...everything is silent here
"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."