New Accuracy/Crit stim, dud or stim of the future?

jedcjedcjedc

A new Grade 9 Accuracy Stimpack will now be trainable, this Stimpack grants Accuracy and Critical Rating.

As the title says, does anyone think this will be useful? what with accuracy being garbage in most cases and crit having DR, is this stim delegated straight for PvE right out of the door? Or maybe it will allow the use of an augment or two of a different stat with minimal losses? Who knows, I'm curious to find out

A new Grade 9 Accuracy Stimpack will now be trainable, this Stimpack grants Accuracy and Critical Rating.

As the title says, does anyone think this will be useful? what with accuracy being garbage in most cases and crit having DR, is this stim delegated straight for PvE right out of the door? Or maybe it will allow the use of an augment or two of a different stat with minimal losses? Who knows, I'm curious to find out

Awesome news!

I dont raid but in pvp if I run into a tank with 20 def then I need 120 melee or a base of 110 for force tech ranged. In the heat of battles I can't see but I must be missing lots of attacks, but hate to stuff too much accuracy. So with that stim I'd get to miss less and still crit on... critters in weeklies.

Edited by BenduKundalini

I could see it at least being potentially useful for classes with enough white damage to need accuracy in PVP and enough up-time to make alacrity worthwhile. You have to stack quite a bit of crit before it gets worse than mastery or power and accuracy is better than mastery or power until you hit the 105% needed to mitigate the base 5% defense chance for classes with a lot of white damage.

Basically this stim would allow you to trade some primary stat pool (mastery) and secondary stat pool (power) where you are rather significantly DR'd for tertiary stats where you may not be, or at least not as much. Ordinarily there is no way to trade in this manner.

I may consider this stim for my sniper. One caveat I can think of already though is that 2 accuracy enhancements almost perfectly mitigates the 5% defense chance by leaving you at 104.99 and using this stim may make it impossible to get that close.

Edited by yellow_

I believe the accuracy is the main stat of the stim (although I'd probably prefer if crit was) which is like 180 something IIRC, so imo I'd take out the one accuracy enhancement i usually leave in for another power/crit. Or on other toons I might be able to get away with replacing a crit augment with power to keep crit the same while boosting overall damage a slight bit.

This could be useful for Carnage Marauders and Marksmanship Snipers in PvP where Accuracy can make or break some portions of your Burst. I'd have to do testing to see if I see any big difference on my Marauder, after I optimize his gear sooner or later. But, that will come after my PC upgrade. (upgrading from an i5-4460 to a 6600k hoping to get my FPS out of the pit of 25 FPS and into at least 30 FPS consistently in Warzones.)

This could be useful for Carnage Marauders and Marksmanship Snipers in PvP where Accuracy can make or break some portions of your Burst. I'd have to do testing to see if I see any big difference on my Marauder, after I optimize his gear sooner or later. But, that will come after my PC upgrade. (upgrading from an i5-4460 to a 6600k hoping to get my FPS out of the pit of 25 FPS and into at least 30 FPS consistently in Warzones.)

Im curious as well. I play carnage marauder a lot but I dont have 105% acc. Never felt much differebt to me.

On a side note: I have a 6500 and I get steady 30-40 fps in a cluster**** wz so you will be happily surprised. I am wondering how you consider it an upgrade since you will have to get a new motherboard and most likely ram as well (1151 socket). Hope you thought of that :D

Im curious as well. I play carnage marauder a lot but I dont have 105% acc. Never felt much differebt to me.

On a side note: I have a 6500 and I get steady 30-40 fps in a cluster**** wz so you will be happily surprised. I am wondering how you consider it an upgrade since you will have to get a new motherboard and most likely ram as well (1151 socket). Hope you thought of that :D

You should get 105% for massacre/ravage/vicious throw, but this stim should cover that anyway.

I believe the accuracy is the main stat of the stim (although I'd probably prefer if crit was) which is like 180 something IIRC, so imo I'd take out the one accuracy enhancement i usually leave in for another power/crit. Or on other toons I might be able to get away with replacing a crit augment with power to keep crit the same while boosting overall damage a slight bit.

If you are correct the accuracy will be 198.

It seems to me you'd want to remove both accuracy enhancements and use one accuracy augment, putting you at 271 accuracy. This would be nearly identical to the 274 you currently get from 2 accuracy enhancements. Running any more than that will result in most of that accuracy being wasted against any class/spec that doesn't have extra defense chance. Admittedly there are a fair number that do have some extra defense chance but IMO it's not worth sacrificing damage on most classes most of the time to guarantee hitting the ones that don't.

Edited by yellow_

• 2 weeks later...
bumping this now that the stims are out, and they actually give more than the old ones. each gives 218/90. I would think though that even something like rage/fury that likes stacking the crap out of as much crit as it can get 218 mastery and 90 power is better than this one even if it is straight crit not just slight bonuses from mastery. I guess maybe snipers and mercs will get good use out of it?

with my guardian, full 208, and NO accuracy enhancements the stim + an augment gives me 105.22% acc, with no enh. it leaves room for more crit ones, i actually found some nice improvement in my dps with this stim, it just sucks that for the time being i have to switch to the mastery/power stim for pve, otherwise i get 112% almost 113% acc.