Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PvPers, calm thyselves.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvPers, calm thyselves.

Stickcollector's Avatar


Stickcollector
12.26.2011 , 10:22 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludan View Post
As a fellow PvPer, I can understand your frustrations to a degree. I wan't to be able to Q with 8 people. I don't want to be kicked from my group everytime I Q. I want some more balance. New warzones. Arena. Ect ect ect.

These are all things that will need to be looked at, but you are all expecting them to start address this soon. And it's not going to happen for atleast awhile. The main reason, is most people are not even 50 yet. And once that happens, people will be gearing up for the next month afterwards.

Just take a big breath, and realize this game JUST launched, SIX days ago. So don't rush off back to whatever game you came from, and just enjoy swtor for the awesome game it is now... if they still haven't given us what we want after a few months, WE WILL STORM AUSTIN IN FULL!
I won't take a deep breath.
I'm not gonna compare this game with other MMO's, but what the hell did the devs do?
Focus so hard on the story and lore that they forgot to check other games?
They should have checked out other games and take stuff from those games that actually worked.

They missed alot, this game is incomplete, yes it's a new game. But at the same time it's a new game 2012. They have alot of other games to glance at.

Swtor did good with the lore and storytelling...that's it.

Bangin's Avatar


Bangin
12.26.2011 , 10:25 AM | #12
The theory I pacify myself with is that the core devolopment team has a PvE story based background, and I think that they did that especially well. Later on in the development of swtor several key members of Mythic (another EA entity) were brought over to work on SWToR (EA again). The members from mythic are PvP oriented people (DAoC and Warhammer). But, since they arrived so late to the Star Wars project, they have just managed to get the bare bones of what has become thier pvp style in before launch. Kind of "Ok, we are very happy with where the PvE is, and PvP is playable...launch it and you guys can continue to build out the pvp as we go." At least thats how I give myself hope.

Thaderin's Avatar


Thaderin
12.26.2011 , 10:32 AM | #13
I know the game has only been out for six days and I've only really been playing it for a day and a half but the fact of the matter is that most of the things people are asking for have been basic features in other MMOs for years. Either that or recent innovations that people have responded very positively to.

Pretty short-sighted not to include them to be honest. Why? Because it's the annoying details that put people off the most.

sunsu's Avatar


sunsu
12.26.2011 , 10:35 AM | #14
We realize the game just came out, we arent stupid, weve been around this genre long enough to see the framework of how pvp is and is going to be is bad, horrible etc.

Lopsided factions, very little pvp content, horrible gear to level ratios, 3 warzones?, why not 10 to start with. Non-existent world pvp etc etc etc, please...dont patronize us some of us have been doing this since the early 80s. Comparing pve to pvp content, looks like 80% pve 20% pvp. Pvp as a sideshow has worked when?

Cler's Avatar


Cler
12.26.2011 , 10:37 AM | #15
I agree, give a bit of time. Adjustments are needed and once most of us request them they will be addressed (I hope).
Most players I know from a pvp server are planning on starting to pvp close to lvl 50. Hard to get a really good look at it when you don't really have most of the players database pvping and then the ones that do, are lvl 50s fighting lvl 20s.

Bangin's Avatar


Bangin
12.26.2011 , 10:47 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Thaderin View Post
I know the game has only been out for six days and I've only really been playing it for a day and a half but the fact of the matter is that most of the things people are asking for have been basic features in other MMOs for years. Either that or recent innovations that people have responded very positively to.

Pretty short-sighted not to include them to be honest. Why? Because it's the annoying details that put people off the most.
What if they just havent gotten to it yet. I know for a fact that a bunch of Mythic (PvP) guys were brought into the development later. So with that information, what if they just havent had the time to build it. Again, thats what Im hoping, and it makes sense. Lets let people play and let the PvP catch up.

To me that makes more sense than developers seeing features that players love in other games, and probably things they themeselves love in games they play, and just deciding to exclude them to spite the player base. Now, some things may just not fit in thier vision (teamwork over solo play) but a lot of the things people are asking for are no brainers. But, back to the fact that there were key people brought from a pvp centric game in to work on swtor. I think I can safely assume they moved from that PvP game to this game to work on this games PvP. I think its also safe to assume that since that decision was made, someone is pretty adament about having a solid PvP system in this game (or else why call in the help). But the time just hasnt been put in yet.

Bangin's Avatar


Bangin
12.26.2011 , 10:50 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by sunsu View Post
We realize the game just came out, we arent stupid, weve been around this genre long enough to see the framework of how pvp is and is going to be is bad, horrible etc.

Lopsided factions, very little pvp content, horrible gear to level ratios, 3 warzones?, why not 10 to start with. Non-existent world pvp etc etc etc, please...dont patronize us some of us have been doing this since the early 80s. Comparing pve to pvp content, looks like 80% pve 20% pvp. Pvp as a sideshow has worked when?
Which game launched with great PvP. You say you realize the game just came out etc. But then you list things that are prominant at the release of most games.

sunsu's Avatar


sunsu
12.26.2011 , 11:31 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Bangin View Post
Which game launched with great PvP. You say you realize the game just came out etc. But then you list things that are prominant at the release of most games.
Exactly, its like starting a fight with the same move everytime, you would think someone watching would catch on and change the strat to counter. It happens so much that failure is completely acceptable. Imagine a car manufacturer having all these bugs and glitches on a new model. They would be crucified and sued to oblivion.

filipesantana's Avatar


filipesantana
12.26.2011 , 11:34 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludan View Post
As a fellow PvPer, I can understand your frustrations to a degree. I wan't to be able to Q with 8 people. I don't want to be kicked from my group everytime I Q. I want some more balance. New warzones. Arena. Ect ect ect.

These are all things that will need to be looked at, but you are all expecting them to start address this soon. And it's not going to happen for atleast awhile. The main reason, is most people are not even 50 yet. And once that happens, people will be gearing up for the next month afterwards.

Just take a big breath, and realize this game JUST launched, SIX days ago. So don't rush off back to whatever game you came from, and just enjoy swtor for the awesome game it is now... if they still haven't given us what we want after a few months, WE WILL STORM AUSTIN IN FULL!
u didnt even mention ANY of the main pvp issues atm...TERIBLE ability lag(taking from 1 to 3 secs to get a cast off) and fps major decrease in wz...thos things make pvp unplayable for a big majority of people...and as you can see on the forums its was proved its not CLIENT SIDE problem...therefore those 2 issues need to be looked at first AND ASAP..because atm its jsut a clunky..bad ui...terrible combat sistem...game