Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Accuracy for PVP Overview

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Accuracy for PVP Overview

bradadad
06.27.2016 , 01:20 AM | #31
I would like this sticky'd also. It would be interesting if people could continue to add input,
Refer a friend Get 7 days free!
Find someone random to help like me or find a friend. Either way works.

Floplag
06.27.2016 , 09:12 AM | #32
Great post very well written. My only comment to this would be that the only omission you made is in regard to the offensive perspective for certain classes with certain attacks that rely on it.

For example, as an Arsenal Merc one of the keys to my setup is Priming Shot. Priming shot sets up my instant proc TM, which procs Blazing Bolts faster which is the key to my entire kit. A missed priming shot is the worst thing that can happen to me one multiple levels as it hurts not only my burst but my mobility as i then have to stand still and hard cast TMs. Priming Shot is white damage.

I run 105% to try to negate the possibility of that miss. Is it an absolute no, but investing more than that would hurt my overall damage as you note and is not worth it. As an instant it isnt going to get interrupted or even most likely blocked by DCD unless i use it at the wrong time.

Assuming my understanding of this is accurate this is how ive chosen to gear, though i am no theorycrafter.

I also choose not to run any Alac so the points i would have put there are in Acc instead specifically for this reason. Now this applies only to Ars Merc, but im sure there are other examples where it has more merit.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

BowtieJones
06.27.2016 , 11:56 AM | #33
As far as getting this a stickie: who knows? I did notice the little "rate this thread" button at the bottom. I gave you 5 stars. Perhaps that will help.

I also remove acc from all of my gear, regardless of spec. I don't notice myself missing on my slinger/sniper, sent/mara, yadda, yadda, yadda. I also haven't gone back over my logs and looked.

Vortex Bolt, though. That blasted ability misses all the freaking time. Only thing I can think of to make sense of it is my personal playstyle. I tend to, while still out of range, give a quick double-tap on Hail of Bolts to proc a buffed Boltstorm. Boltstorm is the first thing to hit them. Nobody wants to eat a mando/merc's full burst, so I'm starting to think a dcd is used there, causing my Vortex to miss. Not gonna complain about it. Wasting a gcd on Vortex Bolt and then being forced to channel a Grav Round usually eats up enough time that the dcd is over, and my Demo round will hit for the full auto-crit amount. Then, of course I have to tie my sneakers and get to kiting.

I think that very anecdotal example is a great reference in favor of dropping acc. When dcd's are in play, acc is just a waste.
Bowtiejones
Blue Octagon
Red Octagon
Objectives

sumquy
06.27.2016 , 12:04 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by lavatsunami View Post
Yeh, cover gives you a 20% ranged defense increase. This comes from just the self cover. If you happen to go in to cover behind an actual cover spot... it actually goes to 100% ranged defense, as long as you keep crouched down (i.e. not using an ability).
this is only partly correct. staying down in cover without attacking gives complete protection from ranged attacks, but even if you do attack, you can still benefit from it, depending on when in your attack animation you get hit. for example, if i pop up to use an instant attack, the animation only takes about 1 sec, and if the incoming attack hits after i am done, then i still get the cover benefit. i use cover constantly in pvp and have developed an ugly habit of sneering at snipers that don't understand how that works, because it is a huge part of our defensives, and so many seem to not even know it exists.

as for accuracy, i can confirm that i have run with as little as 1% (companion buff), all the way up to 6%, on multiple classes, including mara and sniper, and i could not tell any difference in a match. as a consequence i no longer run any accuracy for pvp.
...how i learned to love the dot and other short stories.

Floplag
06.27.2016 , 12:07 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by BowtieJones View Post
As far as getting this a stickie: who knows? I did notice the little "rate this thread" button at the bottom. I gave you 5 stars. Perhaps that will help.

I also remove acc from all of my gear, regardless of spec. I don't notice myself missing on my slinger/sniper, sent/mara, yadda, yadda, yadda. I also haven't gone back over my logs and looked.

Vortex Bolt, though. That blasted ability misses all the freaking time. Only thing I can think of to make sense of it is my personal playstyle. I tend to, while still out of range, give a quick double-tap on Hail of Bolts to proc a buffed Boltstorm. Boltstorm is the first thing to hit them. Nobody wants to eat a mando/merc's full burst, so I'm starting to think a dcd is used there, causing my Vortex to miss. Not gonna complain about it. Wasting a gcd on Vortex Bolt and then being forced to channel a Grav Round usually eats up enough time that the dcd is over, and my Demo round will hit for the full auto-crit amount. Then, of course I have to tie my sneakers and get to kiting.

I think that very anecdotal example is a great reference in favor of dropping acc. When dcd's are in play, acc is just a waste.
I would suggest going to 105% then as VB is the mando equivalent of Priming Shot and mine rarely if ever misses. I dont think its DCDs as that really isnt the place most would use them, though i could be wrong, you never know.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth