Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Accuracy for PVP Overview

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Accuracy for PVP Overview

Ruhun
02.04.2016 , 10:51 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by lavatsunami View Post
Actually, this just happens to be true, but elemental, kinetic, energy, and internal are damage types, not attack types. You could have a ranged attack that did elemental damage (although there are none).

To answer your question, the damage types refer to whether or not they are mitigated by armor.

Internal and elemental are not mitigated by armor, but kinetic and energy damage is.

Also, anything over 105% is not a waste, depending on what spec you are. This isn't an opinion thread, if you have some facts or data to disprove what I've posted, then share it please. Random comments don't help.
Going over 105% uses up slots that could be filled with power/crit/alacrity.
Since very few specs use physical attacks in their rotation it's unwise to over commit to accuracy when you could use a more useful stat instead to do more damage.

105% just about covers the bare minimum needed to make sure your physical strike hits.
Disappointed in the Cooking of the Duck Meat
Begeren Colony - Shadowlands

lavatsunami
02.04.2016 , 10:54 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruhun View Post
Going over 105% uses up slots that could be filled with power/crit/alacrity.
Since very few specs use physical attacks in their rotation it's unwise to over commit to accuracy when you could use a more useful stat instead to do more damage.

105% just about covers the bare minimum needed to make sure your physical strike hits.
I see you didn't take the time to read what I wrote. 105% accuracy will cover you for 11 out of 24 class/specs. 11. 13 of them have higher than 5% defense chance.

Ruhun
02.04.2016 , 10:56 AM | #23
I see you didn't take the time to read what I wrote. 105% accuracy will cover you for 11 out of 24 class/specs. 11. 13 of them have higher than 5% defense chance.
I did read, it's still nonsensical to overcommit.
A lot of classes can also put a debuff on you that lowers accuracy.
It's better to commit to other stats.

lavatsunami
02.04.2016 , 11:00 AM | #24
I did read, it's still nonsensical to overcommit.
A lot of classes can also put a debuff on you that lowers accuracy.
It's better to commit to other stats.
Like I wrote, either go 110% or nothing. 105% doesn't really help you that much. On top of that, my list does not include any defensive cooldowns, in which 105% is basically useless. And, in my opinion (which i also wrote) even going 110% can be pointless because most misses are from defensive cooldowns.

Ruhun
02.04.2016 , 11:05 AM | #25
Like I wrote, either go 110% or nothing. 105% doesn't really help you that much. On top of that, my list does not include any defensive cooldowns, in which 105% is basically useless. And, in my opinion (which i also wrote) even going 110% can be pointless because most misses are from defensive cooldowns.
Any DCD would make 110% pretty useless.

Didn't see the edit.
If it works for you then go for it, I just don't see the point in sacrificing power,crit , or alacrity for accuracy.

lavatsunami
02.04.2016 , 11:07 AM | #26
Any DCD would make 110% pretty useless.
Exactly. It's like we're arguing the same point but you don't realize it, lol. Because of defensive cds, and because 13/24 specs have higher than 5% defense chance, there's almost no point to taking accuracy at all. 105%, mathematically speaking, will not be helping at all.

Lol yeh sorry I edited it after I realized we're arguing the same point. I'm a big advocate for no accuracy at all considering the defensive cds and the base defense chance, because you're right, those stats could be better spent.

lavatsunami
02.04.2016 , 12:18 PM | #27
Question still remains, does anyone know how to get something stickied? I'd really like to get this information up there since people ask questions about it quite a bit.

jedcjedcjedc
02.04.2016 , 02:20 PM | #28
Im pretty sure the taking cover in place (the way 99.9% of snipers do it) doesnt give you any bonuses. you have to use the version where he rolls to the nearest hiding spot. you can check by looking if the shields pop up over peoples heads.
"Stun, stun, three on one" - Swtor PvP
"Don't worry, It's not me, It's bolster" -Swtor PvP

lavatsunami
02.04.2016 , 03:18 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by jedcjedcjedc View Post
Im pretty sure the taking cover in place (the way 99.9% of snipers do it) doesnt give you any bonuses. you have to use the version where he rolls to the nearest hiding spot. you can check by looking if the shields pop up over peoples heads.
Yeh, cover gives you a 20% ranged defense increase. This comes from just the self cover. If you happen to go in to cover behind an actual cover spot... it actually goes to 100% ranged defense, as long as you keep crouched down (i.e. not using an ability).

lavatsunami
02.05.2016 , 11:33 AM | #30
Is there no one in the whole forum who knows what steps to take to try to get something stickied?