Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Accuracy for PVP Overview

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Accuracy for PVP Overview

lavatsunami
01.27.2016 , 06:29 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by trashy_spartan View Post
I looked it up and it's a passive skill called "single blade mastery" or something like that. I don't know when you can train it.

It gives the following bonus :
Shii-cho : 3% on force damage.
Shien : 3% on melee damage.
Soresu : 3% defense + 15% more threat on certain abilities.

and a general bonus of 20% weapon damage.
Yep, you're correct, I just found the tooltip for it. I will add that in, tyvm I'm going to do a sweep to make sure I didn't miss any learned passives.

lavatsunami
01.27.2016 , 06:30 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Thanks for compiling this, that's pretty interesting I never knew many of those values. Very nice thanks.
Np, yw

lavatsunami
01.28.2016 , 11:11 AM | #13
Anyone know the best method for getting something stickied? I'd like to get this up there as a reference.

Mega_Fallos
01.29.2016 , 06:28 AM | #14
1st all, marauder carnage have a 11% melee defence chanse (6% stacking)
2nd furous defence in Fury discipline of marauder +10% defence/resist for 6 sec
3rd snipers have a utility that reduce target accuracy by 20% after the flash bang end, 20% while leaving cover + 45% diversion
4 sorc have a utility that reduce target accuracy by 20% 8 sec after the force lift end
5 PT AP/Commando assault have a + 35% defence chanse for 6 sec ability
Plus, in arenas, with tank in enemy team your accuracy reduced by 5% all of the time
So, good luck to play without accuracy. Stack alacrity, after that u can miss faster
scoundrel Nonono Pleasestop
sentinel Theatre'tragedy
Badhidharmablow sage, Trax-trax marauder,
Knives'Carnival operative TOFN

lavatsunami
01.29.2016 , 09:56 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Mega_Fallos View Post
1st all, marauder carnage have a 11% melee defence chanse (6% stacking)
2nd furous defence in Fury discipline of marauder +10% defence/resist for 6 sec
3rd snipers have a utility that reduce target accuracy by 20% after the flash bang end, 20% while leaving cover + 45% diversion
4 sorc have a utility that reduce target accuracy by 20% 8 sec after the force lift end
5 PT AP/Commando assault have a + 35% defence chanse for 6 sec ability
Plus, in arenas, with tank in enemy team your accuracy reduced by 5% all of the time
So, good luck to play without accuracy. Stack alacrity, after that u can miss faster
There's a huge bolded in yellow section that states the accuracies listed do not include procs, utilities or cooldowns.

Also, those numbers you listed are extremely high (from the defensive cooldowns). Having 5% accuracy on a target with a 35% defense chance, isn't much different than having 1%. I already stated this, but if you missed the huge yellow bolded section, I'm guessing it would be easy for you to miss that as well.

Arkillon
01.29.2016 , 10:02 AM | #16
The tldr: if 5% accuracy helps you, that's because you're lucky.

There are too many debuffs from enemies (tanks especially) and defensive cooldowns to justify using accuracy. Especially with the limited stat budget compares to pve full 224 gear.

Crit up to 1350-1400
Alacrity if needed (for any class channeling things, mara sniper sorc merc)
Then stack power

lavatsunami
02.04.2016 , 10:09 AM | #17
Anyone know the best way to get something sticked? I'd like to get this up there, as people ask a lot of accuracy questions.

Wimbleton
02.04.2016 , 10:11 AM | #18
Where does elemental dmg fit?

Ruhun
02.04.2016 , 10:18 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Wimbleton View Post
Where does elemental dmg fit?
Accuracy only affects "white" damage.
Most classes have a 5% defense against it, Sorcs have 10%.

Anything over 105% is a waste.
Disappointed in the Cooking of the Duck Meat
Begeren Colony - Shadowlands

lavatsunami
02.04.2016 , 10:37 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruhun View Post
Accuracy only affects "white" damage.
Most classes have a 5% defense against it, Sorcs have 10%.

Anything over 105% is a waste.
Actually, this just happens to be true, but elemental, kinetic, energy, and internal are damage types, not attack types. You could have a ranged attack that did elemental damage (although there are none).

To answer your question, the damage types refer to whether or not they are mitigated by armor.

Internal and elemental are not mitigated by armor, but kinetic and energy damage is.

Also, anything over 105% is not a waste, depending on what spec you are. This isn't an opinion thread, if you have some facts or data to disprove what I've posted, then share it please. Random comments don't help.