Guild Rank permissions

Preacher_Nick

As the GM, you can set the ranks and permissions for every player/alt in your Guild. I think you can give your alts almost every permission your GM has except some of the very top level stuff like setting permissions, setting access to the Guild Bank, disbanding the Guild, etc.

One thing to keep in mind though - one of my alts is the GM of the guild I'm in. It got to be GM because the original GM left. If the GM doesn't log in for a while (not sure how long, but it's around a month I think), the GM status is automatically passed on to some other more active player. In my case, the GM got passed from the original GM to another player, and then to one of my alts.

I only mention this because, if you start giving your alts lots of "power" you may neglect to log in on your GM and it could get passed to someone else - even someone other than you.

Of course, one of the things a GM can do is to pass the GM status to another alt, so if you find that you play some alt more than the GM (if it becomes your "main" for example) you may want to pass the GM on to that character.

BTW, since I'm the GM, by default, of a dead guild, I haven't done all that much "guildmastering", so I can't say exactly what permissions you can set. Just go through the menus and explore.

Hello friends!

I'm a Guildmaster and was just wondering, is there a way for me to give my alt the same privileges as my main (the Guildmaster), without giving all the other alts the same?

Thank you very much

Love you all

Bholiday

Go to your guild window, go to details, go to the second tab at the bottom, click add rank, rename that rank to something meaningful (like "Guildmaster Alt"), put it at the second position from the top using the arrow buttons at the top, then in the bottom half of the window check all boxes. Then go back to the first tab or the guild window, select show offline characters and give your alt the newly created rank.

As the GM, you can set the ranks and permissions for every player/alt in your Guild. I think you can give your alts almost every permission your GM has except some of the very top level stuff like setting permissions, setting access to the Guild Bank, disbanding the Guild, etc.

One thing to keep in mind though - one of my alts is the GM of the guild I'm in. It got to be GM because the original GM left. If the GM doesn't log in for a while (not sure how long, but it's around a month I think), the GM status is automatically passed on to some other more active player. In my case, the GM got passed from the original GM to another player, and then to one of my alts.

I only mention this because, if you start giving your alts lots of "power" you may neglect to log in on your GM and it could get passed to someone else - even someone other than you.

Of course, one of the things a GM can do is to pass the GM status to another alt, so if you find that you play some alt more than the GM (if it becomes your "main" for example) you may want to pass the GM on to that character.

BTW, since I'm the GM, by default, of a dead guild, I haven't done all that much "guildmastering", so I can't say exactly what permissions you can set. Just go through the menus and explore.

You do not have to log in with the GM char, only with the account the GM belongs to. You never have to touch the GM char as long as you have another char that you play at least once every month.

Edited by CheaterLL

You do not have to log in with the GM char, only with the account the GM belongs to. You never have to touch the GM char as long as you have another char that you play at least once every month.

That's either incorrect, or it's changed lately. Once, before the original GM left, his GM status was lost and transferred to a different player. He then had to get the other player to transfer it back. This was about a year ago, before the GM left and we assumed it happened because he hadn't logged in to his GM character for quite a while.

Of course, it could have been a glitch. :rolleyes: