Do I get to keep the 3 expansions that come with subscription after my sub expires ?

JessicaWolf

Hello Everyone :)

I bought a subscription yeaterday and so got the expansions unlocked on my characters but now I would like to know when my sub expires will I still have the expansions forever even when I create new characters after it has expired ? I will simplify: bought subscription and so had expansions unlocked on current already made characters. Now when my sub expires will I still have the expansions accessible even after I make new characters after the subscription has expired ? Like once I get to lvl 50 on a new char after sub has ended I will be able to continue or not anymore and only on old chars ?

Appreciate clarification :)

Yes, you will keep all the expansions, including all chapters of KotFE that are/were released before your subscription expires. If your sub ends before Feb 11, you will not get KotFE Chapter X, but you will keep Chapters I through IX, plus all the other pre-KotFE stuff. If your sub ends after Ch X is released, but before CH XI, you will keep Ch X, but not get Ch XI, and so on.

For any species, you will keep all the characters you have already made. You will only be able to make new characters of species you have "unlocked". Otherwise, before you can create a new character of that species, you will need to unlock it, either by paying for the unlock, or by playing a character of that species to level 50.

Also, as a preferred player, you will not have as many character slots available per server as you have as a subscriber. Depending on how many characters you have when your subscription ends, you may not be able to "activate" all of your characters after you drop to preferred. So you may need to choose which of your characters will be "active" (playable) and which to leave "inactive" (not playable). You will not lose any of the "inactive" characters. You just won't be able to play them until you "activate" them again, either by subscribing again, or purchasing additional character slots so you can "activate" those characters.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

The expansions you unlock while being a subscriber will be all be available for you if you go F2P, for all existing and new characters.

For instance: If you unsub on Feb 20, you'll have access to Hutt Cartel, Shadows of Revan & KotFE Ch 1-10 on all existing characters and any new characters you make as a F2P account.

Edited by Kamatsu

Oh and also do I get to keep special race (Sith pureblood, twilek etc.) characters that I made during the subscription after my sub expires too ? And can play them ?

Please reply~

All playable once sub ends if you have a character of that race made.

Existing races that are normally sub locked - if unlocked through legacy by hitting level 50 on those species will unlock them for use and to opposite faction after sub ends. Just to get the unlocks I rolled one of each race and leveled them through so I could get the legacy unlock for other faction, and to roll others of them on their home server if I went F2P. With them being legacy unlock only keep in mind any new servers you go to you will be restricted unless you roll those while subbed.

I have a second account that is pref - it has never bought any character slots and currently has 8 available character slots + 1 from the 'free' instant level 60 that now comes with subscription. They did increase the number of characters prior subscribers have as of 4.0. However pref (only having bought cartel coins) are still capped at 6 characters.