kotfe-era map of the galaxy (with controlled space shown)

MeyerMDM

I'm having a hard time picturing the state of the galaxy by chapter 3 of KOTFE. From what I've been able to piece together:

-Zakuul and the territory directly controlled by the Eternal Empire is far away in the unknown regions

-The Eternal Empire doesn't actually rule planets in the greater galaxy, just watches over them with the sky fortresses, fleet patrols, and leaves the rest of the galaxy to do as it wishes so long as Zakuul's demands are met.

-Sith academy and jedi temple destroyed (?)

Can someone clarify if my take is correct, and is there any map visualizing what parts of the galaxy are controlled by what factions? Like the image below, only updated to kotfe's time.

http://www.swtorstrategies.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/sw_tor_galactic_territories_by_joeltopian-d8ie6it.png

I think you're right. My take is that the Eternal Empire is stationed in Wild Space with the Star Fortresses acting as outposts and for planet specific reasons. The Republic, Empire and other factions are vassals of the Eternal Empire, but still functionally rule their respective planets.