Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Bother PvPing as Republic?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why Bother PvPing as Republic?

MrTerrito
12.26.2011 , 08:46 AM | #11
I saw a rebel once in the world, but he stealthed and got away. =-(

Ludanyke
12.26.2011 , 08:49 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by sunsu View Post
This is just gonna end up like every other 2 faction mmo, one side will dominate and world pvp will be pointless, sure the ganksters will enjoy, but the dream of major battles is gone.

Has anyone even had contact with the other faction in open world, I have yet to see a member of the opposing faction on the 2 servers im on, death wind and reaper.
We need a third faction!
Ludacris Heals at Ludicrous Speed. Rollout.
Click here for success.

Lexster
12.26.2011 , 08:52 AM | #13
I ran into imps for the first time while exploring Alderaan last night. Unfortunately, there were 4 of em, and then you have to count their 4 companions. Needless to say I didn't survive, but I dont think they expected to see me either.

Most_Loyal
12.26.2011 , 09:05 AM | #14
As it is now..it's perfect platfrom for excellent PvP.
Rebels outnumbered, using guerilla tactics to fight for supremacy/balance...
but..
it's only achievable if devs make a nice world pvp objectives that are worth for.
Achieving that only thru community created scenarios is very hard at this point..if possible at all..

More world pvp action..overlaping contested areas with actually fightin there...as it is now even on full server looks more like a deserted game than freshly released product.

Hoping for the best.
Chimaera-EU
SWTOR=EPIC FAIL! Devs should L2P.

MrTerrito
12.26.2011 , 09:08 AM | #15
Yeah being Republic should definitely have advantages as far as finding people to kill, Sith would be searching everywhere for something to kill.

sunsu
12.26.2011 , 09:18 AM | #16
Need to have a scenario that runs 24/7 with each team defending a stronghold with a flag. Object is to break in grab the other teams flag and run it back to your own for a point, instance resets every 15 min, the team ahead at the buzzer getting the points cash valor xp.

This way people could come and go as they pleased and there would always be pvp going on.

Make the maps fairly large outdoor maps and cap each instance at 20 players per side.

Repefe
12.26.2011 , 09:32 AM | #17
On the other hand it's fun to kill 30 level higher players ... wonder how it feels to die to somebody so much lower
Killer: 53%, Socializer: 53%, Achiever: 47%, Explorer: 47%

Jagang
12.26.2011 , 09:38 AM | #18
I love the style of pvp right now, but it's not enjoyable for the most part. 90% of the time as republic you are losing, and not close fun losses it's total faceroll against 5-6 sorcerors all stunning and lightning you to death. The idea of buff stats and throwing everyone in the same bracket was kinda cool but it really falls flat. Lower levels can't move as fast, have less gear, less stuns, less everything and will pretty much get stunlocked and killed in under 3 seconds. Not to mention when you get on a team where everyone except maybe 1 person is over 20 vs a team where everyone is over 25+ it's a total loss and not even close.

As far as world pvp I've encounter the ever so fun level 50 trolling lowest level zones he can get to tattooine and killing lvl 20s what a hero he was. And once ald~ trying to get into that palace area near the end I ran up on a group of 4 sith and got owned. I have yet to actually encounter and fight anyone 1v1 they always mount up and speed away and since I don't really care I just continue questing.

Thaderin
12.26.2011 , 10:23 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagang View Post
I love the style of pvp right now, but it's not enjoyable for the most part. 90% of the time as republic you are losing, and not close fun losses it's total faceroll against 5-6 sorcerors all stunning and lightning you to death. The idea of buff stats and throwing everyone in the same bracket was kinda cool but it really falls flat. Lower levels can't move as fast, have less gear, less stuns, less everything and will pretty much get stunlocked and killed in under 3 seconds. Not to mention when you get on a team where everyone except maybe 1 person is over 20 vs a team where everyone is over 25+ it's a total loss and not even close.

As far as world pvp I've encounter the ever so fun level 50 trolling lowest level zones he can get to tattooine and killing lvl 20s what a hero he was. And once ald~ trying to get into that palace area near the end I ran up on a group of 4 sith and got owned. I have yet to actually encounter and fight anyone 1v1 they always mount up and speed away and since I don't really care I just continue questing.
For the first, yeah big mistake on Bioware's part not to have appropriate level brackets for warzones. Which is strange considering some of the pvp devs worked on WAR, where they had such a functional system. Not to mention more than three warzones (or scenarios as they were called there)

For the second...that's "glories" of 2 faction, open world pvp I'm afraid. Which again didn't really work very well in WAR or Rift, or Aion.

SWImara
12.26.2011 , 10:28 AM | #20
As several others have said, it just boils down to your server. I think in all my PvP so far I've lost maybe 7-8 games, steadily doing Warzones in pick up groups on Darth Bandon. As republic you pretty much never have to wait in queue to get in and if you can get a few guildmates to work with you you'll mop the floor with Empire (on my server). This is always an issue in RvR games, unfortunately the best suggestion I can make if you're really unhappy is to find a guild and play with them.