Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Bother PvPing as Republic?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why Bother PvPing as Republic?

Squiddish
12.26.2011 , 08:10 AM | #1
I ask this question honestly having gone 1-37 now with my Smuggler (that's 1 warzone win, 37 losses). I've never ended up in a Republic v Republic Huttball game, and the 1 win was a 9v4. We somehow had 9 people in a Battle for Alderaan, and we got the "Lobby will close not enough players" message every 30 seconds or so because the imp team kept waggling between 4-5 people.

Republic DOES NOT WIN. EVER. EVER EVER EVER.

I thought being on the Alliance was someone's idea of a cruel and unusual punishment in WoW, but at least they won OCCASIONALLY. Is this seriously just my server?

Just for kicks, I rolled a Sith Sorc on my server. I've lost 1 warzone on him, and it was Imp v Imp Huttball. All 7 games against Republic, we steamrolled hard. I find it difficult to believe that the entirety of the Republic is this bad.

Someone, tell me there is hope on another server. Please.
http://www.youtube.com/SquiiddishReturns
Yes, I'm that Squiddish.
The Republic: Playing PvP as well as a Rhesus monkey since 12/13/2011.

Balbowyer
12.26.2011 , 08:11 AM | #2
On my server republic win more.

WaveRun
12.26.2011 , 08:12 AM | #3
Maybe it's because the Republic players aren't too good on your server or they just aren't up to level with the Empire players? The level 10s vs level 50s is getting ridiculous. It's outleveling, not outplaying.

Squiddish
12.26.2011 , 08:15 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by WaveRun View Post
Maybe it's because the Republic players aren't too good on your server or they just aren't up to level with the Empire players? The level 10s vs level 50s is getting ridiculous. It's outleveling, not outplaying.
I have noticed a crapload of this, so hopefully it'll balance out over time. Its always 4-5 Imp 50s vs our team led by a 35-40.

On a sidenote: BOLSTER IS TOTALLY WORKING BIOWARE, DON'T CHANGE A THING!
http://www.youtube.com/SquiiddishReturns
Yes, I'm that Squiddish.
The Republic: Playing PvP as well as a Rhesus monkey since 12/13/2011.

Jpope
12.26.2011 , 08:17 AM | #5
On Jung Ma, I win 50% of my games. I'm with the republic and I have never seen another republic team to go up against. Maybe you rolled on an extremely competitive imperial server.
Quote: Originally Posted by Battlebug
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiduslol
whoaaaaaa, bold statements - a pity jpope hits like a girl.

Lexster
12.26.2011 , 08:18 AM | #6
Also keep in mind, with the Empire having nearly 2x more guilds(especially if you are on a pvp server), you are more likely to run into premade empire groups in warfields. Not saying to avoid pugs if that is all you can get, but when you find some decent people friend em and make your own group until things smooth out.

Mikisoq
12.26.2011 , 08:23 AM | #7
Played all night yesterday, i noticed my republic side was a bunch of 10-20'ies and imps were 25-50'ies, they just american football styled through the defend/attack warzone and we had no chance at all. it was better at the turret capture the point, at least i could group up with random republic soldiers and get the sides. but as soon as I/we went to get a 2nd point the first one would be lost... like half their team is in stealth and just waiting for us to leave the point:'(

Aakek
12.26.2011 , 08:26 AM | #8
I win frequently on my Republic toons but I also do not really care much if the teams are not really balanced well. Things like no 40+ vs a team full of 40+ or a match of huttball all force vs no force etc.

Vlaid
12.26.2011 , 08:29 AM | #9
One reason.

You don't get huttball every single game.

sunsu
12.26.2011 , 08:45 AM | #10
This is just gonna end up like every other 2 faction mmo, one side will dominate and world pvp will be pointless, sure the ganksters will enjoy, but the dream of major battles is gone.

Has anyone even had contact with the other faction in open world, I have yet to see a member of the opposing faction on the 2 servers im on, death wind and reaper.