Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

False Emperor (Solo) help!

Azrage
01.13.2016 , 05:03 PM | #1
Evenin' everybuddy!
I had a question regarding the False Emperor (and no it's not about the twin droids! I know how to beat them!)
Apparently they added grenades that let you push the final boss off the edge, but when I got to him I couldn't find them. Since I'm playing a Sith Marauder I'm fairly sure I have no knockback abilities (unless I'm dumb, then feel free to correct me).

He also likes to reset himself after I reach a certain percent, and my helpful droid likes to disappear around the same time.

Is this a bug? Please help!

Thanks in advance!
Do not anger a dragon, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

NikSunrider
01.13.2016 , 06:05 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Azrage View Post
Evenin' everybuddy!
I had a question regarding the False Emperor (and no it's not about the twin droids! I know how to beat them!)
Apparently they added grenades that let you push the final boss off the edge, but when I got to him I couldn't find them. Since I'm playing a Sith Marauder I'm fairly sure I have no knockback abilities (unless I'm dumb, then feel free to correct me).

He also likes to reset himself after I reach a certain percent, and my helpful droid likes to disappear around the same time.

Thanks in advance!
No, Marauders do not have a knockback.

Yes, there was a grenade mechanic at game launch, but they nerfed it some time after, and totally removed it from the game with 4.0

As for the boss resetting? I think it has to do with you being out of position. Try to sit in a corner by the "far stairs".

I''d also recommend palying Annihilation for more sustained dmg.
Eternal Q, definitely in the wrong franchise.
CFO <Bacon Pancakes>, raider/PVPer with <Nemesės> and <Eon>,
Owner-Operator <Cartel Vendor> - your one-stop shop for decorations and other cartel goods.

RaF Link • Info

eriksarcasm
01.13.2016 , 08:06 PM | #3
Evenin' everybuddy!

Thanks in advance!
Something like that was happening to me.. I'd be in mid battle and suddenly the battle resets. My combat log says "Defeated by take fall damage" I never got to the bottom of it, but made sure to keep my back to something, because I suspect it was a delayed reaction from [THE BOSS] knocking me into a pit, but the fall not registering correctly... Most definitely a bug.

If it's this, you can resummon the droid when you restart by clicking the button on the mission log.

If it's not this, and he just heals himself mid-fight, you need to interrupt that. You'll see him shower himself in lightning and a channel bar filling by his name. INTERRUPT!!!! and you'll be fine. I think....
It's what i do... I drink, and I know things.

PorsaLindahl
01.13.2016 , 11:35 PM | #4
Evenin' everybuddy!

Thanks in advance!
As mentioned, the grenades were there since launch. But the requirement to knock Malgus off the bridge was removed long ago (somewhere around 2.0) and he's been a "tank 'n spank" since. Even in HM.

Unfortunately Dulfy's guide is outdated.

The best strategy to fight Malgus is to go about 1/3 of the way up the stairs and put your back to the wall. Put your companion on passive until you're in position, then have your companion attack. If you're doing solo, you may want to dismiss your god-bot because it'll just make the fight more difficult since you can't control it. Malgus doesn't do that much damage and even a low level comp should be able to heal through it with little trouble. You do want to interrupt his Unlimited Power that he'll cast around 20% health or it's game over. (I haven't done solo, but I assume the mechanics are still the same - knockbacks, doubt, etc.).

As far as Malgus resetting. I've seen this happen in a few FP's. It's a bug and should be reported.