Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Power stat

Iivewire
12.26.2011 , 07:24 AM | #1
why do alto of quest rewards have power stat on them for IA? power doesnt even show up on character stat info page anywhere for us and i thought it was mostly for force users? except everytime i quest reward pops up you'll have something like it

item A: 24 End/20Cun/10 Power

Item B: 29 End/13Cun/9 crit

IA's main stat is cunning, so obviously you would want more of it and the first one has more, but it has power? while the one with less cunning get the crit? what am i missing

Fayieon
12.26.2011 , 07:58 AM | #2
Power is used by Operative Medic's to increase healing potency, and other for increased damage.. If you look on your character page on the drop-down menu for tech, and hover over bonus damage, you will see power factored in ... same for bonus healing.
Operative, Chiss Intelligence Division.
SinisteR - Keller's Void

http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/cabde3e74ae28017.png

AtomicSquid
12.26.2011 , 01:23 PM | #3
Power = Tech Power. It increases your special ability damage and healing.

halfhourofpower
12.26.2011 , 01:25 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AtomicSquid View Post
Power = Tech Power. It increases your special ability damage and healing.
^This^
KFC, now with more Jesus!

CoheedAndCandy
12.30.2011 , 01:30 PM | #5
Yea, no. Tech Power is specifically Tech power. I've seen items that say "+XXX Tech Power"
And others that say "+X Power". And the one's that say just "Power" Are significantly lower, like the core stats, End, Str, Will, etc. And the ones that say "Tech Power" Are super high like other things that say "Force Power" Like in the hundreds.
If I could only use this power for good, I wouldn't, not even if I could

DrekorSilverfang
12.30.2011 , 04:32 PM | #6
Quote:
Yea, no. Tech Power is specifically Tech power. I've seen items that say "+XXX Tech Power"
And others that say "+X Power". And the one's that say just "Power" Are significantly lower, like the core stats, End, Str, Will, etc. And the ones that say "Tech Power" Are super high like other things that say "Force Power" Like in the hundreds.
Hover over your Tech Power in your character screen you'll see additions from Cunning, Tech Power and Power.

Power however not only adds Tech power but Force power as well, it's just a universal version of the stat and makes things like item mods and gear used by multiple professions easier to deal with.

wutru
12.30.2011 , 05:08 PM | #7
Should healing Ops focus on Crit too? That also gives crit heals.

Rainsfords
12.30.2011 , 10:55 PM | #8
Cunning is the most important, followed by Crit. Power gives a very small boost.

Norr
12.30.2011 , 11:01 PM | #9
Cunning is crit and power, power is straight +damage/healing, crit is chance to crit.

Cunning is usually the best choice, the second depends on playstyle.
Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of your opponent's fate.

CzaplaM
01.16.2012 , 02:36 PM | #10
This will give you a better idea of what Power does http://1stvideogame.com/?p=2302