Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Fortress Tatooine bug?

Ulfrik_Wulfgar
01.11.2016 , 08:20 AM | #1
I did the preliminary intel gathering mission, I met the contact on Tatooine, did the ground missions and it says "You've successfully destroyed the shield generator protecting the Eternal Empire's Star Fortress orbiting Tatooine - now is the chance to strike." It tells me to speak to Sergant Ahkar to engage in the final assault but when I do, I simply replay the initial intel gathering mission so my quest log never updates.

Anyone else getting this? Anyone know a solution?

TopAceOfEarth
01.11.2016 , 09:58 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ulfrik_Wulfgar View Post
I did the preliminary intel gathering mission, I met the contact on Tatooine, did the ground missions and it says "You've successfully destroyed the shield generator protecting the Eternal Empire's Star Fortress orbiting Tatooine - now is the chance to strike." It tells me to speak to Sergant Ahkar to engage in the final assault but when I do, I simply replay the initial intel gathering mission so my quest log never updates.

Anyone else getting this? Anyone know a solution?
Sounds like you are not doing the Heroic 2+ version of the Star fortress but the normal version again. The Heroic version is the one where you fight the Exarch at the end.

In general it goes like this:
Step 1: Do 1 Normal Star fortress for any planet. (unlocks all bunker missions and contacts for SF)
Step 2: -> Do ground bunker for planet A (unlocks Heroic 2+ of Planet A)
Step 3: -> Do Heroic 2+ for Planet A

repeat step 2 and step 3 for each planet.
Halcyon Legacy
Might want to Bookmark https://account.swtor.com/user/subscription/Cancel - cause they removed the button

Ulfrik_Wulfgar
01.11.2016 , 11:31 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TopAceOfEarth View Post
Sounds like you are not doing the Heroic 2+ version of the Star fortress but the normal version again. The Heroic version is the one where you fight the Exarch at the end.

In general it goes like this:
Step 1: Do 1 Normal Star fortress for any planet. (unlocks all bunker missions and contacts for SF)
Step 2: -> Do ground bunker for planet A (unlocks Heroic 2+ of Planet A)
Step 3: -> Do Heroic 2+ for Planet A

repeat step 2 and step 3 for each planet.
That's my entire point. I've done Steps 1 & 2 but it won't let me do Step 3, it takes me back to Step 1. I appear to be locked in a never ending cycle.

Ulfrik_Wulfgar
01.13.2016 , 03:37 PM | #4
Well I just did Alderaan. Turned in the boxes, blew up the shield generator and then talked to Sergeant what's his name and went in to the flashpoint and traveled to the Alderaan Star Fortress, where I proceeded to complete all objectives and exit. Same problem as Tatooine - FP isn't updating. Still telling me to speak to the Sergeant.

thewitchdoctor
01.13.2016 , 05:33 PM | #5
You wrote, 'completed all objectives,' but did you kill the Exarch?

After you returned to the spot where you defeated EPHEMRIS, was there an ambush with 2 elites and 2 normal mobs?

After that, did you pass through a series of 3 encounters with the Exarch where you must disable a generator?

And then, after all that, did you fight and defeat the Exarch?

If not, then you did not do the Heroic Star Fortress and that is why you are in a loop.

I agree with the first responder, it sounds to me like you are not doing the Heroic.

Is there not a need to return to the Alliance recruit on the planet before heading to the Sergeant? When you speak to the Sergeant, are you selecting the Heroic mode? When you use the navigation computer to select your destination, are you choosing Tat (or Alderaan)?

I have never heard of this bug so ... while no one would claim this game is bug-free, it sounds a lot more like you are redoing the story mode version.
Good. Bad. I'm the twi'lek with the saber.

Ulfrik_Wulfgar
01.13.2016 , 05:54 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by thewitchdoctor View Post
You wrote, 'completed all objectives,' but did you kill the Exarch?

After you returned to the spot where you defeated EPHEMRIS, was there an ambush with 2 elites and 2 normal mobs?

After that, did you pass through a series of 3 encounters with the Exarch where you must disable a generator?

And then, after all that, did you fight and defeat the Exarch?

If not, then you did not do the Heroic Star Fortress and that is why you are in a loop.

I agree with the first responder, it sounds to me like you are not doing the Heroic.

Is there not a need to return to the Alliance recruit on the planet before heading to the Sergeant? When you speak to the Sergeant, are you selecting the Heroic mode? When you use the navigation computer to select your destination, are you choosing Tat (or Alderaan)?

I have never heard of this bug so ... while no one would claim this game is bug-free, it sounds a lot more like you are redoing the story mode version.
After I kill the EPHEMRIS I only have the option to leave, either through the UI or the lift that opens up. I have no further objectives and there is no other exit from that room, so no, I haven't killed the Exarch because the Exarch never shows other than in the holo. Speaking to Sergaent Ahkar then only gives me the option to restart the Flashpoint.

Ulfrik_Wulfgar
01.13.2016 , 06:40 PM | #7
Never mind, I figured it out. At no point does the game bother to tell you not to do it in Solo mode.

eriksarcasm
01.13.2016 , 07:59 PM | #8
Never mind, I figured it out. At no point does the game bother to tell you not to do it in Solo mode.
It does.Your mission log will tell you to complete [HEROIC] Star Fortress. I thought they were renaming that...?
It's what i do... I drink, and I know things.

SinyaVida
03.11.2016 , 07:51 AM | #9
So you're implying that the solo mode version is completely pointless and could be removed from the game without impact - AKA: never waste time with solo mode.

Yorioko
03.11.2016 , 08:49 AM | #10
After I kill the EPHEMRIS I only have the option to leave, either through the UI or the lift that opens up. I have no further objectives and there is no other exit from that room, so no, I haven't killed the Exarch because the Exarch never shows other than in the holo. Speaking to Sergaent Ahkar then only gives me the option to restart the Flashpoint.
Try and select the heroic +2 version.

it seems that if you don't do this, you will keep repeating the solo mission inf\defenately. the only way to destroy the star frotress is by heroic +2 mode ( which for some can be done solo for achivement )