Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoints Loots

Kennible
01.11.2016 , 12:25 AM | #1
I'm a returned player recently came back and started playing again. I found that whenever I needed on a green or blue loot, there are players started to complain or wanted me to explain my actions. But seriously, I needed those loots to upgrade my equipment, and yes my reasons are that simple. I don't see how I needed a further explanation on this. Or has this become a norm in SWTOR that any loots must roll on greed or disassembling?

LordTurin
01.11.2016 , 12:47 AM | #2
There are basically 3 possibilities why people would complain about you needing on gear.

1. You are a dps and needing on a tank piece (piece will have defense/shield/absorb).
2. You are a tank/healer and are needing on a dps piece (the piece has accuracy in it). Accuracy does nothing for either tanks or healers, so there is no reason for you to need if you are a tank/healer Also, a tank needing on a crit/alacrity piece will also get some complaints, as tanks shouldn't have those either.
3. They are being idiots for one of two reasons
a. The see a piece that has the word "healer" or "targeter" in it, and think it means something. The name doesn't, only the stats do.
b. They are just jerks and you should ignore them.

Remember, just because a gear gives you "green" stats showing an upgrade, doesn't mean that it's actually helpful to you (esp. if you are gearing wrong in the first place). Basically, take some time and make sure you know that the piece you are getting is an actual upgrade for you and your role, and you will most likely be fine (of course. 3b can still happen).
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

Kennible
01.12.2016 , 02:36 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
There are basically 3 possibilities why people would complain about you needing on gear.

1. You are a dps and needing on a tank piece (piece will have defense/shield/absorb).
2. You are a tank/healer and are needing on a dps piece (the piece has accuracy in it). Accuracy does nothing for either tanks or healers, so there is no reason for you to need if you are a tank/healer Also, a tank needing on a crit/alacrity piece will also get some complaints, as tanks shouldn't have those either.
3. They are being idiots for one of two reasons
a. The see a piece that has the word "healer" or "targeter" in it, and think it means something. The name doesn't, only the stats do.
b. They are just jerks and you should ignore them.

Remember, just because a gear gives you "green" stats showing an upgrade, doesn't mean that it's actually helpful to you (esp. if you are gearing wrong in the first place). Basically, take some time and make sure you know that the piece you are getting is an actual upgrade for you and your role, and you will most likely be fine (of course. 3b can still happen).
Thank you for the detailed explanation. I think they're just jerks. LOL Anyways, points 1 and 2 are really helpful.

Halinalle
01.12.2016 , 04:43 AM | #4
All gear that you roll for are level 61. If you're not level 61 or higher you can't even use them.
By the time you get to level 61 you probably have better gear already.

MotorCityMan
01.12.2016 , 10:06 PM | #5
They nerfed the hell outta deco drops too in both Flashpoints and Ops. What's up with that? I mean for crying out loud, afraid people are going to get too many tables or something for their 4 strongholds doing flashpoints and Ops? Come on. Restricting decos to Cartel Packs is miserly, takes some of the fun out of the game.

Kennible
01.12.2016 , 10:17 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MotorCityMan View Post
They nerfed the hell outta deco drops too in both Flashpoints and Ops. What's up with that? I mean for crying out loud, afraid people are going to get too many tables or something for their 4 strongholds doing flashpoints and Ops? Come on. Restricting decos to Cartel Packs is miserly, takes some of the fun out of the game.
I didn't know there are deco drops in FP and OP, but I noticed that this is really not a good time for us subscribers since we'll need to buy all the cool stuff w/ real money. Can't see the real game value anymore.

benficakungfu
01.13.2016 , 08:17 AM | #7
The loot is terrible, how can anyone complain?

Theres no value in it, common data crystal can buy, mostly, better gear anyway and that gear is terrible aswell.

Some people play more with their mouths than actual keyboard xD dorry had to say it.

EzoEo
01.13.2016 , 08:40 AM | #8
The game has two roles for all classes. I don't see a problem if a healer wants dps items. The itemisation in SWTOR has always been it worst point and as pointed out by the time you reach 60 it will be off to the vendors to but better kit.