Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

REQUEST - Please Make Hardmore Flashpoint GF Queue 65 Only

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
REQUEST - Please Make Hardmore Flashpoint GF Queue 65 Only

HollyUSEC
01.11.2016 , 04:35 PM | #11
Unfortunately the learning curve in SWTOR is almost nil. I mean, you can get a free 60, do the story in KOTFE, get to 65 in maybe two hours using an XP boost, and hardly have used any abilities other than basic auto attack and "hits harder but is still basic" manual attack, which usually start out as the 1 and 2 keys on a brand new level 1 character. My guild and I have seen people who got to 65 in two or three days and immediately queue for HM's expecting to faceroll it, but not so fast-- HM's demand things you NEVER had the call to have to do leveling up!

"*** you mean I'm supposed to interrupt? *** is interrupt?"

"CC? Coca-Cola sucks, it's Pepsi that rocks, y u want me to drink a Coca-Cola before we fight this guy?"

"But I didn't have to do THAT in everything I did b4!"

Then they die and it's "*** did I die 4 U all SUCK" and yada yada.

A lot of people have also returned to the game after being away since ROTHC and almost everything we used to know about gear is no longer true. This leads to stats being all wrong.

Tacticals should be a training ground for HM's, but those are a joke-- many of them absolutely demand a "full" group (tank and healer and only two DPS) because an all DPS group simply doesn't have enough survivability to withstand being constantly beat on. Sooner or later every defensive you have will be on cooldown and unavailable, and the ability that finishes those cooldowns will ALSO be on cooldown, and you've used up your medpac for the fight and on TOP of all that, ALL of the kolto stations are on cooldown too. But your health is STILL dropping faster than the 2008 stock market. Nice knowing you!

Between the lack of a learning curve, people running straight from absurdly easy content into something that expects them to have memorized something they never even heard of before, and people returning after several years and still expecting gear to work like it did those several years ago, is it any wonder why it's so hard to finish HM flashpoints in a PUG?
W T F = F T W spelled backward.

tharbison
01.12.2016 , 10:24 AM | #12
I do applaud BW for making the HM FPs challenging. I prefer that over faceroll.

Yezzan
01.12.2016 , 12:53 PM | #13
The FPs are over-tuned, and that's the elephant in the room. Before, it was about mechanics- avoid AOE, kill the adds ASAP, beat the enrage time- now, it's be over-geared or face a possible wipe. There is just too much damage going out from some of these mobs and bosses, and God help you if you end up with a level 23 healer.

The tacticals usually have 4 DPS, and more often than not, only one is level 65.

KLGChaos
01.12.2016 , 07:28 PM | #14
I wish I could even get into a heroic. Was in the queue for four hours. It popped five times, three of which someone declined to join, one where a player let the timer run out and the one I did get in had an under level tank who had no clue how to actually tank (had to be a free 60-- he pulled slowly, broke CCs and didn't even attempt to Guard the healer).

It's like no one is doing them at all, even though the weekly just reset.

tharbison
01.13.2016 , 09:02 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I wish I could even get into a heroic. Was in the queue for four hours. It popped five times, three of which someone declined to join, one where a player let the timer run out and the one I did get in had an under level tank who had no clue how to actually tank (had to be a free 60-- he pulled slowly, broke CCs and didn't even attempt to Guard the healer).

It's like no one is doing them at all, even though the weekly just reset.
Is there a group finder q for Heorics now? I'm just coming back after a short break.

KLGChaos
01.13.2016 , 09:16 AM | #16
Yes there is. It unlocks after you hit 50, but takes a while because it makes an actual balanced group (tank, healer, two dps).

And to reiterate what others were saying, level doesn't really determine a good tank. It's skill. For example, was doing a heroic today where the tank just kept leaping into everything, not even letting the healer catch up. I was also explaining a boss fight to a player who hadn't done it on heroic (she even admitted she only somewhat knew the fight) and jumped in mid-explanation. Needless to say, we wiped. Next time, I have full explanation, she was the only one in the group who didn't listen and got us killed again. She was 65 and fully geared. After that, I left. Skill will always be > gear.

And it's not like it was a particularly hard flashpoint. It was Tython I believe.

tharbison
01.13.2016 , 09:27 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Yes there is. It unlocks after you hit 50, but takes a while because it makes an actual balanced group (tank, healer, two dps).
Are you talking about HM Flashpoints, or, Heroics? I'm familiar with the HM FP GF Q, I'm curious if there's a new GF Q for Heroics?

Ayok
01.13.2016 , 11:44 AM | #18
The Op as a point for the new FP, they are a bit harder for a non 65, the old one are very easy with a full group of 50 guys.
Maybe need to separate them, will be a nice solution, Tactical are a pain for me too as Healer..
DPS still jumping in everything without thinking.

KLGChaos
01.13.2016 , 06:42 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by tharbison View Post
Are you talking about HM Flashpoints, or, Heroics? I'm familiar with the HM FP GF Q, I'm curious if there's a new GF Q for Heroics?
Ah, no sorry. I'm used to calling Hard Mode dungeons Heroics (hold over from WoW days). Sorry for the confusion!