Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

REQUEST - Please Make Hardmore Flashpoint GF Queue 65 Only

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
REQUEST - Please Make Hardmore Flashpoint GF Queue 65 Only

addyftw
01.09.2016 , 01:42 PM | #1
As per the title, please make Hard-mode Flashpoint GF Queue 65 ONLY. Sub 65 tanks DO NOT have the defense nor the hp to tank HM Flash points. If you want to waste the time of your friends then manually do the HM yourself by walking in the door. As that is all you are doing, wasting other people's time.

Halinalle
01.10.2016 , 01:53 AM | #2
They would have to make SM ops GF level 65 too because if tanks don't have enough health to tank HMFPs then SM ops would be impossible.

wadecounty
01.10.2016 , 11:00 AM | #3
I've found them easy with level 50's in all 3 roles. Personally, if you're a healer, you might just not be very good? Could always ask for tips on how to get better.
Kandel - Juggernaut Lef - Guardian
Nyeetra - Assassin Milarra - Sage
Lendros - Mercenary Jakor - Vanguard
Iseline - Operative Lysandere - Gunslinger

xkcurtisx
01.10.2016 , 05:06 PM | #4
what are you guys saying??? This is the 'better than cross server' thing they promised us!

***Sarcasm intended***

marksia
01.10.2016 , 08:31 PM | #5
Ive had tanks that are lvl 65 in hm flashpoints that were worse then sub-65 ones. I'm a healer and getting aggro as the tank is using no aoe abilites and even if they focus target one mob they are dieing so fast its near impossible to heal them through it especially with both dps getting aggro as he is doing nothing to get more then one mob attacking him at the same time so having to heal all 4 group members while the tank is loosing 15-20% hp in one hit is insane. I know both my class and spec well enough to do hm ops so it wasnt an issue on my end just on the tanks end.
Besides ive also had a lvl 50 tank in an sm ops that was amazing making the flahpoint queue lvl 65 only would be a shame as there are some people that are free/prefered players thay cant get to 65 that know their class and spec so well they are better then half the lvl 65s in game at the moment

Funky_Munky
01.10.2016 , 10:50 PM | #6
I like 65 only, but I'm also OK with sub 65.
With the recent event of double experience we've had an influx of not so well geared players. I give everyone a chance to color me impressed. However, time and time again the FP que teams me with sub-par geared players (@65) who just don't cut it. Having played multiple classes, but "mostly" healer I feel that I have a certain perspective when it comes to FP team makeups. Sort of a developed intuition. I'm not afraid to call people out for their shortcomings. Saves the team a headache, and hopefully, educates the person that I "call out". Usually along the lines of try again later with the right gear.

I'm hoping with time those that are 65 will que with the right tier of gear or higher to run HMFPs. They are after all, hard mode.
The Satele Shan
Imps: [Keilre-Op] [Keilouka-Sin] [Rewstr-Sorc]
Pubs: [Keilrae-Scoundrel] [Keilroe-Shadow] [Keilru-Sage]
Referral Link 7 Free Days and more

Torvai
01.11.2016 , 01:45 AM | #7
One day, when Bio has listened to all you baddies and HM FP's are 65 only, with at least 220 gear required and still bolstering you, what will your excuses be for being so bad that it's not even funny anymore?

Seriously, they're doable with level 50, thanks to bolster. If you you're able to do more than run in a straight line with your toon.

DarknessInLight
01.11.2016 , 01:00 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by addyftw View Post
As per the title, please make Hard-mode Flashpoint GF Queue 65 ONLY. Sub 65 tanks DO NOT have the defense nor the hp to tank HM Flash points. If you want to waste the time of your friends then manually do the HM yourself by walking in the door. As that is all you are doing, wasting other people's time.
You DO realize that simply being level 65 does NOT qualify you as ready for HM FP's, right?

You need GEAR and SKILL in order to survive. I have seen a level 65 tank with 208 gear out-tank another one geared with 216 and 220 pieces, so skill is a HUGE part. Also, at level 65, depending on the tank, stacking Defense is a BAD IDEA.
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

psandak
01.11.2016 , 01:48 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DarknessInLight View Post
You DO realize that simply being level 65 does NOT qualify you as ready for HM FP's, right?

You need GEAR and SKILL in order to survive. I have seen a level 65 tank with 208 gear out-tank another one geared with 216 and 220 pieces, so skill is a HUGE part. Also, at level 65, depending on the tank, stacking Defense is a BAD IDEA.
Actually stacking defense is now a bad idea for all PvE tanks because you get so much from gear, if a tank has to opportunity to not have defense they should go with that (warding B mods are very popular because they sacrifice defense rating for endurance )

Getting back on topic, level means nothing. As others have pointed out, just because you have a level 65 character does not mean you have the skill and/or situational awareness to do HMFPs. I have seen level 50 characters out perform level 65s because they LIVE; you cannot DPS if you are dead. And the healer or tank being underleveled is no excuse either:
  • If the DPS out level the tank, then the DPS should give that tank at least 3 GCDs to setup and maintain agro.
  • If the DPS out level the healer, then the tank should try to get agro on as much as possible and the DPS need to make sure they kill stuff in the right order (weak to strong) so that the sub-65 healer does not get reamed. And if the DPS are "following the tank" against SOP, then it is up to the tank understand this and guide the DPS on which mobs to kill (I do it ALL the time on my tank: start off on the strongest, see that the DPS are following me, shift to the weakest and move up weak to strong).

Lastly, this comes down to communication and sometimes taking things a little slower: If you have a sub 65 in the group use CC and make sure of kill order. Better to kill things more slowly and in fact kill them then wipe because you chose to rush rather than think things through.

That being said, there are FPs (both tactical and HM) that are simply tuned too hard for underleveled/undergeared characters to run through. Lost Island HM is a good example. It is mechanics heavy but it is also a gear check FP because without good gear you won't survive long enough for your team to help/rescue you. Red Reaper is a good example of a tactical FP that kills groups if they are too far under level. Maelstrom Prison TFP bonus boss is impossible without a healer (no kolto stations).

While I am not in favor of the OP's request, I do understand where it comes from.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

tharbison
01.11.2016 , 03:43 PM | #10
Arguably increasing the entry level for HM FP's to 65 might increase success rates, but probably not by much for the reasons others have already stated.

I've been in two groups over the past few days with fairly well geared level 60+ that still were not able to complete the final boss (Doctor Lorrick) on Lost Island, after MANY attempts. Just a little more evidence that level by itself will not guarantee success.

Proficiency with your class, knowing strategies, and teamwork will also contribute. None of which can be measured by the groupfinder.