Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do the right thing Bioware: Go free to play with periodic DLC.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do the right thing Bioware: Go free to play with periodic DLC.

Tenetke
12.26.2011 , 07:28 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by AnarchoSaint View Post
Hi all,

I just wanted to post and try to encourage Bioware to not be greedy and do the right thing. I usually have no problems with paying a subscription fee for MMOs. I understand that they need the money to turn a profit and keep servers up. It's the price you pay to play with a massive amount of other players.

The thing is this isn't an MMO. There is nothing massive about it. The worlds are barren waste lands devoid of other players... Yet we still have to sit in a Queue to explore those barren wastelands.

Since this is basically a single player game and quazy lobby game I have a hard time understanding how they justify the subscription fee. COD multiplayer is more of an MMO than SWTOR yet they don't charge a subscription fee.

If Bioware doesn't do the right thing and go F2P with periodic DLC every few months I'm afraid I and many others will not sub after our free time is used. I have a hard time justifying paying $15 a month for a single player game with a chat room.

Bioware either needs to up the server loads and get rid of sharding or stop calling the game an MMO and go F2P. There's no way around it.
I can only imagine this is a troll thread. Barren wasteland? Where? I would like to go there and get some resources. Even the most remote areas of taris have people running around in it. Please point me in the direction so that I don't have to play competitive resource gathering.

The right thing? You state it as if it were some self evident truth that going f2p is the right thing. Look I'm sorry that WoW is going down the drain. I hope it doesn't, you guys love your game. You should get to keep playing it. Don't blame bioware though, blizz has already started on a new game, they pulled away their dev team. You can't blame bioware for that.

So have fun over there, but keep the trolling to yourself.
Try hard is now an insult? At what point did our society degrade so much that trying hard is an insult? What's next? People who perpetuate this idea of "trying hard is a bad thing" are only hurting our society as a whole. They should be removed from it, forcefully if required. You don't randomly allow a cancer to grow, you excise it.

Chaffery
12.26.2011 , 07:32 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by mutharex View Post
"wow is far superior this is crap"
Despite fact that I hate WoW and Blizz lazy developers, actually it is.
UI could be customised, frames could be moved. WoW has so much flexibility.
Many peoples felt insulted buy throwing them back in to 2004, with similar lame WoW vanilla UI. It is nearly 2012 not 2004.

Imagine buying a brand new car, it is in perfect condition. Everything works: engine, gearbox, lights, even stereo. But that car has a little drawback, no steering wheel. Would you buy it?
Well, you can still enjoy ride it and steer it buy bouncing off from street lights and other cars.
But it is not right way, isn't?

What is UI for any game, it is a steering wheel, nothing else.

Now on topic, before asking F2P, I think Bioware should show some good will and try release patch as soon as possible, with lot of fixes.
As they already did buy granting 5 days early access mostly to everyone plus adding 2 days grace period.
Form that part, well done Bioware.

Wiggletphyre
12.26.2011 , 07:32 AM | #53
Free to play will certainly brighten up this community!
/sarcasm

onanonehand
12.26.2011 , 07:33 AM | #54
Yeah, bioware is surely going to follow some no-nothing-about-this-game miss and poan idjit.

If anyone sincerely dislikes the game why are they still here?

This game isn't going f2p... there are more than enough subscribers like me that thoroughly enjoy this game as it is.

There are other games out there...

Sejia
12.26.2011 , 07:35 AM | #55
Hey guys,

We have removed several off topic, rude, and insulting posts from this thread. Please remember to keep your posts on topic, polite, and constructive to the discussion.

We also ask that members use the flag feature to report a post that may violate the Rules of Conduct rather than respond to it.

Thanks everyone!

JimG
12.26.2011 , 07:35 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by AnarchoSaint View Post
The thing is this isn't an MMO.
Says you. Use all the semantics you want, this game isn't going to F2P for a long time.

Phenyr
12.26.2011 , 07:36 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadysketchy View Post
Rolling "alts" is, for intents and purposes, quitting. They'll just get that Class to 40, and make another one

Once they've got all 8 Classes at 40, but don't feel like doing the mindless 40-50 grind, they will quit for good
you have a serious problem flower. yet you made it to 50 in 2 days and now you complain that you are alone. Self ignore will help you meditate upon 'There is more to life than increasing its speed'

If thats your opinion what you doing on these forums? Move along to a better mmo or your choice, how hard that can be?
Gentlemen....gentlemen!!! Save it for the Holodeck

mutharex
12.26.2011 , 07:39 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaffery View Post
Despite fact that I hate WoW and Blizz lazy developers, actually it is.
UI could be customised, frames could be moved. WoW has so much flexibility.
Many peoples felt insulted buy throwing them back in to 2004, with similar lame WoW vanilla UI. It is nearly 2012 not 2004.

Imagine buying a brand new car, it is in perfect condition. Everything works: engine, gearbox, lights, even stereo. But that car has a little drawback, no steering wheel. Would you buy it?
Well, you can still enjoy ride it and steer it buy bouncing off from street lights and other cars.
But it is not right way, isn't?

What is UI for any game, it is a steering wheel, nothing else.

Now on topic, before asking F2P, I think Bioware should show some good will and try release patch as soon as possible, with lot of fixes.
As they already did buy granting 5 days early access mostly to everyone plus adding 2 days grace period.
Form that part, well done Bioware.
your post is pointless and the analogy even worse: while of course a car without steering wheel won't work very well, most of those "features" you mention as fundamental for a modern MMO are either personal opinions and tastes or anyway coming in the future

Jieljak
12.26.2011 , 07:39 AM | #59
Go Free To Play and hundreds of thousands of people will join only from my country.

Are you kidding?

Will OP pay all server expenses?

Edit: And no, they won't pay any DLC money, they will just enjoy free to play parts of the game.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite MMORPG game.

Shadysketchy
12.26.2011 , 07:39 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by onanonehand View Post
Yeah, bioware is surely going to follow some no-nothing-about-this-game miss and poan idjit.

If anyone sincerely dislikes the game why are they still here?

This game isn't going f2p... there are more than enough subscribers like me that thoroughly enjoy this game as it is.

There are other games out there...
Every MMO that's come out since WoW has had a lot of subscribers at launch, and a ton of box sales

None of them have been successful for more than a couple months though, and sadly, I don't see SWTOR being any different at this point
Cancelled, January/4/2012
Level 50, December/22/2011
TOR's Most Critical Errors http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=67935
Dark Side Critical Errors, New Payment Ideas, Poor Customer Support