Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unforeseen Complications

Kitar
01.03.2016 , 09:24 PM | #1
A few of you might recognize me from Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread, or the Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread. Through pm's about the stories I had posted on the AU Thread I struck up a friendship with another SFWC author Alaurin. As time progressed we ended up leveling together and stories were created.
Things have now progressed to the point where the stories can be shared. Since it is a group collaboration here is Alaurin's introduction.

Quote:
Kitar and I began this project a few months ago and are excited to finally share it here. This story picks up where Deception in the Ranks left off and while it’s not necessary to have read that story thread, there will be mention of the events of that storyline from time to time and most of the characters there will make an appearance here at some point.

In general, you can expect references to all class storylines except IA as well as spoilers for Makeb, SOR, and KOTFE as this thread progresses. We will try to tag specific spoilers in each part as well as any trigger warnings. Content wise, you can expect sexual innuendo and/or situations, and violence. Neither Kitar nor I tend to be very graphic, especially when it comes to violence, but we will post specific triggers on each part if they are warranted.

With all that said, we hope you enjoy our collaboration project!
AN
Spoiler

Chapter 1

Spoilers: None I can think of
Prompt: LF1M
Spoiler

Lunafox
01.04.2016 , 09:14 PM | #2
Oh Ka'van, I do enjoy him very much and am looking forward to seeing more of his adventures and misadventures. I imagine he'll be getting into much mischief about the galaxy. Looking forward to hearing more about the lovely ginger.

MortuumAmens
01.05.2016 , 08:07 PM | #3
Going to have to keep and eye on this one, sounds like a good start.

alaurin
01.06.2016 , 03:08 PM | #4
@MortuumAmens: Thank you and we both hope you continue to enjoy our story!

@Lunafox: I'll admit, it's difficult not to love the ginger! You'll definitely be seeing more of him as well as some others that are near and dear to both me and Kitar. I just hope I can do him justice!

Now for this next chapter, there are two versions......this is the heavily edited one. There is a more risque version.....let's call it NC-17 that I am posting on my Tumblr. For those brave souls who care to find out just how naughty of a boy the ginger is, you can feel free to read the original version.

Chapter 2

Spoiler Alert: Spoilers for the Smuggler storyline through Act 3.
Warning: sexual innuendo/situations and some crude language below, nothing too descriptive though.
Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler

Jestana
01.06.2016 , 03:52 PM | #5
Hee! I knew it was Syarra! I understand Jax's position, but Syarra's right. He'll just have to deal with it. I'm sure they'll work it out because Jax doesn't want to risk his relationships with either of them. At least, he'd better not.

Lunafox
01.06.2016 , 08:21 PM | #6
Read the Tumblr one of course! Yowzaa, scorching stuff! That naughty ginger in all his glory lol. Wow good fun stuff there. You weren't kidding when you said we'd be seeing more. ^^

Kitar
01.09.2016 , 04:41 PM | #7
@MortuumAmens: Hopefully you will continue to enjoy our story.

@Lunafox: How can you not love the ginger?

@Jestana: Good guess! As to how dear old Jax deals with things well you will just have to wait and see.

CHAPTER 3

Prompt: Exploration with a little Fame
Spoilers: References JK companion quest usually learned around Act 1, References Imperial Planetary Quest Erasing Evidence, and an Agent NPC, not very spoilery though, kind of a blink and you will miss it moment.
I do apologuise I tend to get a little long, this one weighs in at 8k words.
Spoiler

AN
Spoiler

alaurin
01.13.2016 , 05:14 PM | #8
@Jestina: LOL, I wondered if anyone would suspect who the mystery woman was in the first piece. Good for you! As for Jax, he's in a tough spot.....he loves his sister, but doesn't want to lose his friend either. Not an easy situation, but he'll do his best to get through it......with a lot of grumbling I'm sure.

@Lunafox: Oh you are a brave soul for reading the Tumblr version!! I certainly liked it, but I'm still feeling the shame for posting that sucker! Naughty Ka'van indeed and nope, I didn't lie when I said you'd be seeing more of him.

Chapter 4

Spoiler Alert: Spoilers for the ending of JK Act 3.
Spoiler

Lunafox
01.14.2016 , 12:20 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by alaurin View Post

@Lunafox: Oh you are a brave soul for reading the Tumblr version!! I certainly liked it, but I'm still feeling the shame for posting that sucker! Naughty Ka'van indeed and nope, I didn't lie when I said you'd be seeing more of him.
What can I say, Tumblr isn't for the faint of heart lol. Seriously though, I enjoyed it, nothing to be embarrassed about, everyone enjoys a good romp. Hopefully more will follow. It seems Ka'van is a keeper...a man willing to shop with his lady, wow, yeah, hang on to that one lol.

Enjoyed the chapter very much and am looking forward to more from you and Kitar both.

frauzet
01.14.2016 , 01:52 PM | #10
Oh, a lot of old acquaintances. I am looking forward to find out where their adventures will take them this time.
Author of "Trouble, Destiny and Other Complications" and the AU "Caught"
Participant of the "Short Fic Weekly Challlenge Thread!"
All my stories from TDaOC and SFWC in chronological order