The Lightsaber - Something We Almost All Desire To Create

Dawnscar

Ok so bare with me i know some science but i know its not enough and obv not an engineer. sorry this is short hand

what if a 'lightsaber' doesn't so much emit light as occupy a space - where as the visual light is almost a byproduct of charged particles

so light obviously a wave so if a photon is emitted, im aware that in itself is kinda recenter technology n larger but, then it goes through a polar surface transparent to the wavelength of desire, the crystal of sorts [however i envision more of a disk that allows a certain wavelength of visual light photons through]

{because photons are more or less extremely excited electrons from my knowledge which behave as a wave which would allow the aspect of blocking certain photons as one would a polar electron screen; also im aware idk if we have the tech to make this yet however}

the wavelength of photons this apparatus now allows through needs to be focused into a device the basically registers the photon wave that comes into it and has to be able to emit the photons again (again the energy for this is tricky but i think we r getting there)

the key to the original premise of occupying space is, the device emits the wavelength of photons but 100's if not nano seconds apart , then emit this wave in a circle or around and angle the wave at that point to converge - adding opposing waves is an option depending on how the logic works on the prior it may control it further to focus the photons or keep the waves in check from converging too much - i deal scenario they all converge into a swirl of wave of photons

The theory goes the photon wave, which is light of the desired color/wavelength, is so condensed into one section once the waves merge - the swirl of wavelength photons would allow it to control itself and as for the original statement - the wave would essential over excite any object that comes in contact with the wave - also break the bonds of any molecules in the space which the wave inhabits this would essentially give off a visual beam or column of light which would be just be photons wave spiraling and amplified which is burning all things it touches from over excitement or basically energy overload - perhaps this is how the energy system to run it would work the process of continually burning up and cooling electrons in a vacuum chamber - as for lasers being deflected well the photon light wave would be so condensed that it would block all other wavelengths of photon light thereby either absorbing or angle of reflection it - as well i am aware the metal itself for the emission would have to be something idk if we can do yet but technically as long as the wave doesn't converge on it the heat wouldn't melt it -

so feel free to troll but also feel free to criticize constructively because tbh i dont think this concept is nearly as far fetched as a beam of light that cuts merely because its light

Edited by Dawnscar

There's a physics Ph.D. named Michio Kaku, author of Physics of the Impossible, who actually tried map out of the blueprints of a real-life light saber. Google him! You might find it interesting!

Sick i will thank u! i just cant seem to get the schematics out of my brain lol been dreaming bout em haha