Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Great and awesome people you meet in Group Finder

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Great and awesome people you meet in Group Finder

FlameYOL
03.20.2016 , 10:52 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Kingsbount View Post
You should pay more attention to school instead of playing SWTOR.
Your "writings" made my eyes bleed
Good That I Made Your Eyes Bleed
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Feldraeth
03.23.2016 , 07:55 AM | #42
So last night I was after a quick easy FP run to fill out [Weekly] searching for allies and a queue popped.
There was a lvl 38 sin, lvl mid 40s Jugg, my 63 Lethality Op and a 15 Merc, all DPS and I don't recognise anyone by name (odd since I largely levelled my op through FPs trying to get the KDY title). Okay, so the merc might become a problem but we can always carry or kick him. I click and we zone in. It's Foundry. Already I foresee us chugging through mob after mob of easily avoided chain-pulls with everyone demanding offheals (MDPS can get so whiny at times ).

As soon as I zone in, the two Sith drop out. Okay, so much for that. I'm about to do the same thing when I notice the merc is wearing Legacy SI gear, (the endgame gear from around the time of Makeb), and so I stay in and see how we go. Merc reveals it's her (toon is female) first time, but she has a JK main, and I recognise the guy from PVP (and he is a total beast).

Anyway, so we go through watching the cutscenes (Jeff Bennett ftw) and aside molten burst on the first boss, there are no deaths at all (my fault, I didn't explain the mechanics because 'everyone' knows them by now). No new people join despite being queues so we use Mako and Kaliyo for the rest. we clear it main and bonus and I now have this beast of a PVPer on my friend list

So in short, that lvl 15 nub you snub might turn out to be a boss.

majopucik
11.21.2016 , 06:53 AM | #43
Ah didnt know this thread even exists!

Anyway, there are so many stories to tell, but i will just summarize as the main idea was to necro the thread.

I have been doing over 350 HM FPS in a month in order to get 100% FPS before 5.0 and I can tell you the things I have seen would just blow you away!! However, I kept my cool (mostly) and tried to make it work. I was mostly healing or tanking since otherwise you dont get a pop. I can tell you it was (and still is, need 83 more FPS) hell!

I was explaining tactics, pulll dps out of fire, pulling over 6k hps on HM FPS bosses and so on. It took a lot of effort but it is possible!! We also had a premade of tank healer for some FPS so the people we carried didnt even realize they were doing one of the hardest FPS in the game now

I just hope I will finish before 5.0 and never return to HM FPS again

Hudlar
11.27.2016 , 03:22 PM | #44
Iíve met tons of amazing players in Group Finder in the past few weeks, and I want to give them all a shout-out.

Years ago, I was part of a tiny guild with my husband and some real-life friends. We did some story-mode flashpoints together, but it was hard to coordinate our schedules, so we were all basically solo players even then. Sadly, everyone in the guild eventually left the game, and since then Iíve played completely solo, except for a few Heroic pickup groups. This has been fineómy playtime is limited, and Iím mainly here for the story, companion interactions, strongholds, Space Barbie, and a little crafting. Iím frankly not a great player, and I donít want to be the person dragging a group down. I also donít want to be yelled at, even (or especially) if itís deserved! So I figured I was doing myself and everyone else a favor by staying out of Group Finder.

When DvL came out, I didnít even consider the Legendary tieróI donít have the time or the skill. I was tempted by Eternal, though, since both companions looked interesting. So I decided to get all the solo stuff for it done, then see where I was. Well, with about 2 weeks to go, I realized that I could get to Eternal if I could just make myself do the required tactical flashpoints and get to Valor 5. I swallowed hard, read some guides, and joined Group Finder and the midbie PVP queue. At the start, I let everyone know I was a solo noob and apologized in advance for mistakes. (Unfortunately, in my first PVP match ever, I accidentally broadcast this on Generalósorry team!) Everyone was either encouraging or silent in chat, though Iím sure there were some sighs and eye-rolls among my teammates.

Most of the FPs went surprisingly well, and even in the few that didnít, no one was mean or abusive. I just got to Eternal this afternoon after a white-knuckle run through Czerka Core Meltdown with a very patient group. We wiped several times on the sandstorm boss, but everyone stuck with it, and we finally made it through when a teammate kindly re-specced to heals. Overall, this has been a really positive experience, and itís even encouraged me to give Uprisings a try in 5.0.

TL;DR: Solo player gets to Eternal tier thanks to the kindness and skill of the awesome people in the Ebon Hawk Group Finder. Thanks also to Dulfy and Going Commando for great FP guides and to Swtorista for her Academy PVP videos!

josephinec
01.30.2017 , 11:04 AM | #45
Thank goodness I found this thread again!

Mid last week, my Shadow on JC got a pop for an Uprising. Turned out to be Crimson Fang, which I had attempted to PUG with my Sentinel in a 3 DPS, 1 tank group and had failed miserably on, even with Dulfy's excellent guide. This PUG was initially me as a tank, a Vanguard tank, a Guardian DPS, and another DPS whose class I don't remember.

I load in, and it's already only me and the Guardian. I ask him why the other two left and he said, "no idea". I mean, I definitely understand leaving some groups(jump happy Sents/Maras, Blood Hunt, etc). But we hadn't even approached the first boss yet. I scrolled group chat and didn't even see anything along the lines of "oh not this ****'. The other tank and DPS literally left for no apparent reason.

The Guardian has Nico out, set to heals, and tells me to pull out my highest rank comp for healing. That's Nadia, at rank 23. I tell him I struggled on a different toon in this uprising before, and that I've got Dulfy pulled up on my phone.

So we go to the first boss...and it's very smooth. The adds kept coming, but I spammed Whirling Blow and Slow Time as best as I could.

Next boss was even easier, as were the droids, and the bonus mission of rescuing Whisper. Along the way, the guy is giving me advice on what to do, in addition to me checking the guide all the time. He was very patient and relaxed. The Red Huntress went okay until her Revan-esque soft enrage, where we both died to her AOE. Second time, I died when she was ~10% and the Guardian finished her off.

I've only met a handful of more patient and helpful people outside of my guilds before, and I was really glad to have met this guy. I thanked him for his advice, added him to my friends list and praised him in my guild's chat.
Click here so we all get nice things: http://www.swtor.com/r/yLqcYJ
#ThanksBioware
Vaylin deserved better.

eriksarcasm
01.30.2017 , 12:56 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Hudlar View Post
Iíve met tons of amazing players in Group Finder in the past few weeks, and I want to give them all a shout-out.
This as well. My grouping experiences lately have been mostly delightful. Three I'd like to highlight in particular:

- The Red Reaper run I wrote about previously, with the "bot." Short version: we three and a comp, healer was not participating and so was eventually (after ALOT of patience) kicked. My new friend and I continued, and since it was my first time she talked me through all the mechanics and shortcuts. We succeeded, did 2 more FP's and she even invited me to her guild afterward!

- The other Red Reaper I did last week. I was in full Bonehead Mode during the last boss fight. I got knocked over the edge almost immediately, and then couldn't get back to the fight, because they were still in combat and I couldn't get into the elevator, even though the other guy that died the same time I did got in just fine. Eventually the other 2 died but we somehow stayed in combat and I couldn't get in the elevator. Comedy ensued as we tried dying and respawning various ways, none of which managed to break combat. I took on the 2 turrets by the respawn myself, with predictable results, and then one of my chums tried to rez me and met a similar fate. Eventually we all died and respawned and combat ended, we did the bit on the final boss with the adds, boss is on the bridge, so I Shadow Stride from the dead add to the boss.... and landed in the pit again. Luckily he was nearly dead and the lads finished him off, and even waited for me to get back to collect the reward.

- Destroyer of Worlds Uprising. None of us had done it and thus didn't know the boss mechanics. We wiped, well, 3 of us wiped and the fourth Sage masterfully kited Adelaide for about 5 more minutes. I assume he eventually went down because at that point the game booted me, the one where the entire server list disappears. So it was a good 7 minutes before I was able to get back on the game. To my surprise, I was greeted by a popup asking me if I wanted to return to the zone I was in. I found my 3 partners there at the respawn patiently waiting for me to return. THEY WAITED FOR ME. I thought for sure I'd have been votekicked (if you can even do that in Uprisings) but they waited patiently 7-10 minutes. After another wipe we had worked out the mechanics enough (and the actual range f her circles which were damaging us beyond their shown range) and managed to take her down on our third attempt. I even got the killing blow!

Also want to give an eternal shoutout to the guy who, pre-5.0, managed to not only pull together a late night KP PUG in chat, but managed to convince me.... ME, a devout solo player, into coming along for my first ever operation. He led competently, patiently talked us through mechanics, kept us all alive and moving, and made the experience the exact opposite of every raid horror story I've ever heard. Wish I could remember his name and I sincerely hope he hasn't quit by now.
It's what i do... I drink, and I know things.

Bookworm_Jedi
02.06.2017 , 01:08 AM | #47
Finally got a post to toss in here.

Rerolled a guard tank after getting my vigil guard and heals sage to 70. Hit the GF intro quest and got Malestrom Prison. me the tank, a heals sage, and 2 jedi dps I believe. Cleared all the bonus content, heals were great, I apparetly didn't suck at tanking, and dps were good. Two I believe were 70 which really helped. One never did the FP before, but everyone ran like clock work.

One wipe on optic laser dude, and one wipe on Kilgron. One died during a bad trash pull, but beyond that it was a sweet run. Put everyone on my friend list and we all went our separate ways.

Had a good run, I walked away with two 25 lv. implants which my tank really needed. Lots of exp, just popped to either 28-29 and I'm just about to go to Ord Mantell, and a nice bit of cash, and a few high tier mats for my gathering.

forestguard
02.13.2017 , 09:31 PM | #48
Just tonight, had a run on Directive 7, sage healer, guardian "tank", shadow tank, and me on my current vanguard tank. Don't recall our levels exactly, although i think I was 59, cause I had Storm. Had never actually run it in tactical mode, and the sage right off the bat apologized if he seemed like a "noob". I told him it was ok and we started off, although the shadow didn't move with us. We took on the first elite spider droid thing kill it. The sage ends up with a probe droid attacking him, so I quickly use harpoon and get it off him. Meanwhile, the guardian decides to jump into the next mob, and then types "heal me". We don't see it in time, plus anhealer and tank don't have the greatest damage, so..he Dies. Then myself. Then the sage. The shadow managed to drop aggro and the mob reset, and we hurry and respawn. Guardian just decides to leave.

I'm thinking we can still do it (thankfully, I was right), and we start off. Turns out, shadow was busy respeccing to dps. I summon Aric in damage spec, and we start off. First few bosses went well. Slow, but well.

Then we get to Bulwark.

I think we wiped...3 times? Maybe 4? In the second attempt i notice our healer in melee range and remember he said he was newer, so after that wipe I mention that he doesn't have to be in melee range and can be farther back. The shadow reminds us about the kolto packs that we kept forgetting about. We try again, healer farther back, us hitting koltos....wipe. At this point i'm confused and surprised that they aren't upset. I look up Bulwark on Dulfy and learn about the control panels (never leanred that in SM -_-), explain it to the group, and we try again. Shadow died midnfight, but safe combat rezzed him so we could keep trying. Cleared it beautifully at that point.

We move on, shadow randomly hitting bonus objectives even though we had already passed too many, but I let him be. Our sage draws aggro on a probe droid as itnpassed, and for fun, I transposed him out and started hitting the droid. Slight satisfaction over being able to actaully use that.

We get to Mentor, and before we walk through the door, I ask if they knew what to do, given how the other fights went. Both say no. It's at this point that the shadow also mentions that it's one of his first times doing this type of content. I'm stunned, given the trouble with bulwark and some other silly situations. I give them a quick rundown of the fight, and after the conversation, show them the converters we need to destroy. Outside of some lower hp moments from the turrets, the fight went incredibly smoothly for a rookie leader, a level 16ish comp, and 2 new group players. No wipes on Mentor, not a single one of us fell. One of my favorite grouos, despite the rough start.

......I just hope my poor leadership earlier on didn't turn them off group content.

bluehufsa
02.26.2017 , 02:43 AM | #49
Had to do Athiss FP for conquest, so i registered in group finder. Got a team in 2 minutes : two lvl 70 imperial agents ( one operative one sniper) , a lvl 26 marauder and me - lvl 70 merc. When we reached the mad professor - sorry i never get her name right - the IA started arguing and insulting each other , a dispute about the skills or something like that. Then, both IA ragequit the team. Instead of finding replacements, we used companions - both summoned Shae Vizla . The rest of the FP went smoothly because this marauder knew what to do, despite of her not having legendary status or tons of achievements - i guess she was really a beginner. Cannot give her name - she asked me not to - but if you read this, THANK YOU ! I wish more players were like you

josephinec
02.26.2017 , 09:34 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by bluehufsa View Post
Had to do Athiss FP for conquest, so i registered in group finder. Got a team in 2 minutes : two lvl 70 imperial agents ( one operative one sniper) , a lvl 26 marauder and me - lvl 70 merc. When we reached the mad professor - sorry i never get her name right - the IA started arguing and insulting each other , a dispute about the skills or something like that. Then, both IA ragequit the team. Instead of finding replacements, we used companions - both summoned Shae Vizla . The rest of the FP went smoothly because this marauder knew what to do, despite of her not having legendary status or tons of achievements - i guess she was really a beginner. Cannot give her name - she asked me not to - but if you read this, THANK YOU ! I wish more players were like you
This is why you should never assume that someone is clueless just because they don't have a lot of achievements. Number one, people sometimes play on multiple servers, so the Marauder could have very well known Athiss like the back of her hand. Number two, it's always possible that some people are smart enough to research their class to figure out what they're doing.

But I'm glad it worked out for you, especially seeing how the forums tend to drag Maras/Sents.
Click here so we all get nice things: http://www.swtor.com/r/yLqcYJ
#ThanksBioware
Vaylin deserved better.