Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Great and awesome people you meet in Group Finder

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Great and awesome people you meet in Group Finder

signco
02.29.2016 , 11:20 AM | #31
Ran a TFP for some cq points Saturday and Blood Hunt popped for GF. I always take this FP with a grain of salt as IMO the Jos and Valk Beroya fight is the hardest boss fight of all the tacticals. Anyway, group is my 65 Commando, 64 Slinger, a Shadow and another Commando (one was 65, other was in 50's I think).

All goes well until the Jos/Valk fight as anticipated. I constantly have aggro and after both Jos and Valk fight together, we just can't seem to finish the fight. Between people getting knocked off the platform and the slow debuff during the Maul attack, the group just can't get it together. After 2-3 tries, the other Commando drops, and because no one else did, I pull out a comp and set to heals. After 2 more tries, the shadow drops and leaves the slinger and I standing there.

I suggest trying with 2 comps so the slinger pulls out Bowdaar set to tank and we give it a go. We wipe again and the Slinger asks if 2 healers might work. I said lets try and we go again. Even with 2 heal comps we still have to use the kolto stations, and the slinger and I keep an eye out for each other and hit the stations as needed. We were able to win the fight with much relief. The Slinger and I finish the FP and we thanked each other for sticking it out through the wipes and added each other to friends list.

It is nice when people don't give up when facing a difficult challenge.

josephinec
02.29.2016 , 01:16 PM | #32
Trying to get my Guardian on EH to FINALLY finish Oricon, and so I start keeping an eye out for LFGs. My own guild had run all but Brontes while I was at work, so that was a no-go(apparently the Tentacle Queen bugged for them). I get a LFG, and join that. For whatever reason(the LFG popped around 11:45 pm IIRC, when EH is usually still busy), we couldn't find a second tank. Finally, after around 30 minutes, we got another tank.
This ended up being the smoothest run of DF I've ever done, not counting pre-4.0. We had no wipes, not even on Draxus or Brontes, one-shot everything, and only a few deaths. I was on adds duty for Grob'thok and Corrupter Zero, and tanked Brontes. Everyone was relaxed and joking around in ops chat. My co-tank, another Guardian, was very nice, as were our healers.
I'm going to have my Scoundrel heal for our guild's next attempt at Brontes later today. But at least one of my Pub characters is almost done with Oricon(my Shadow finished it back in 3.0, when DF was followed by DP in group finder). But I'm glad I had a smooth run with a PUG, especially in a rather challenging op(IMO, you can pretty much solo tank at least Grob'thok and Draxus, or at least have a fake tank with you).
Click here so we all get nice things: http://www.swtor.com/r/yLqcYJ
#ThanksBioware
Vaylin deserved better.

FlameYOL
03.01.2016 , 04:23 PM | #33
I'm Usually The One Who Knows How To Do Stuff In My Group,And Always Try My Best To Help Anybody Who Is New To The Operation Or Flashpoint,I Had A Very Positive Experience Once In Kaon Where Me And My Groupmates Just Face-rolled Everything,Other Times I Usually Get A Decent Group In The Red Reaper That I Manage To Explain The Mechanics And They Follow It
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Exocor
03.02.2016 , 02:27 AM | #34
Did a Ravagers GF-Run yesterday night, my guildmate an me were calling for tank, heal and 4 dps on fleet. We found a lvl 62 jugg-tank. First of all he told us, that he never was Ravagers before. "No problem." I said an switched to my darkness-sin. Some minutes later, our group was completed. While we were entering the instance, he came to our TS3-Server and I told him, to just follow my instructions, the bosses would be easy and it would be no problem, if he do somethin wrong - it's just storymode.

45 minutes later we have cleared all bosses without any wipe. and this guy was awesome. He taunted, when I said "taunt", he used his defensive cooldowns, when I told him to do so. Of course, he had some problems with aggro. After I explained him the triple-taunt-rotation, that was no problem any more. Why can't everyone be like him? Follow insructions and trust the guys beeing familiar with that content.

FlameYOL
03.03.2016 , 04:05 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Exocor View Post
Did a Ravagers GF-Run yesterday night, my guildmate an me were calling for tank, heal and 4 dps on fleet. We found a lvl 62 jugg-tank. First of all he told us, that he never was Ravagers before. "No problem." I said an switched to my darkness-sin. Some minutes later, our group was completed. While we were entering the instance, he came to our TS3-Server and I told him, to just follow my instructions, the bosses would be easy and it would be no problem, if he do somethin wrong - it's just storymode.

45 minutes later we have cleared all bosses without any wipe. and this guy was awesome. He taunted, when I said "taunt", he used his defensive cooldowns, when I told him to do so. Of course, he had some problems with aggro. After I explained him the triple-taunt-rotation, that was no problem any more. Why can't everyone be like him? Follow insructions and trust the guys beeing familiar with that content.
Nice Guy!More Competent And Polite Than Some Veterans I Know.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

KhirsahRoshah
03.05.2016 , 01:18 PM | #36
I had such a smooth HM GF Cademimu tonight that I was stumped for a good 15 minutes afterwards. Near insta-pop, everyone from different guilds, all 65s, I believe. My Deception Sin, an Operative DPS handily using CCs and group stealth, an impeccable Sorc healer and a Jugg who guarded me the instant I zoned in and was on point throughout. Mechanics never needed to be mentioned (line of sighting without a word, the coordination was almost uncanny), and we even joked about typical PUG behavior/attitude:

Healer, on Guard: "Sure, let the healer grab all the aggro...!"
Ortol fight: "So, stand in the corner with the fire, right?"

It was not entirely seamless and we wiped once on Ortol (Operative died to shackle that wasn't even in fire, shame on you BW), but it was absolutely evident that we everyone knew what they were doing and had good raid awareness. Recovery from stuff like failing to stealth past mobs was super good, and Cademimu tends to be an awful disaster on trash if that happens.

Competence really shouldn't be a surprise in HM FPs, but it is, and it was a delight to be part of that group.

Jagaimee
03.19.2016 , 12:02 AM | #37
Slightly necro'ing this thread to bring you... The Most Awesome Legacy of the Rakata Flashpoint EVER.

There was me, a level 65 Telekinetics sage (love that class). There was a level 65 healer sage. There was a level 16 shadow tank. And there was a level-I-completely-forget DPS guardian (I couldn't be sure what Discipline he was...I know it *wasn't* Vigilance, because I didn't hear any yelling/screaming/howling battle cries whatsoever ).

Anyway, business as normal up until we got to the Rancor and Rakata chief. The shadow was doing a fair job at being a tank, with what little resources he had. The healer was superb. The guardian was great. I was...doing my best. Which, as I didn't cause anyone to die or the group to wipe, was...passable? XD So, we get to the first boss, and right as we're all running in, the shadow goes ahead and pulls the boss.
Only one problem: he pulled too soon. The guardian got locked out of the arena, much to the alarm of the healer and I, who tried in vain to pull him into the arena...no luck. Okay. Um. We can do this! So I start blasting away at the bosses, while the shadow is keeping the attention of the rancor on him, and the healer is healing us.

Then the shadow got disconnected.

The healer and I had a collective OH CRAAAAAAAAAP moment as both bosses whirled around and made a beeline for us.

...so we tanked it.
Together.
Just the two of us.

We didn't die. We didn't even get close to death. The healer was AWESOME. She (female character) knew what she was doing and then some. I ran around like a headless chicken, tanking the rancor and moving its punches/swipes away from her, healed myself a bit, force armor...I *once* had to resort to force barrier. Once. For about four seconds. Then the healer basically unleashed a tornado of healing, and both of us barely went below 75% for the rest of the fight (which was really lengthy, for obvious reasons).

Just me and the spectacular, amazingly awesome sage healer, and we killed both bosses.

Me at the end: ...I can't believe we just did that.

The sage healer continued to be completely amazing throughout the rest of the flashpoint. We had to kick the previous tank, as he never reconnected, and the guardian shrugged and said "guess I'll tank now." He switched forms to Soresu, and proceeded to tank the rest of the flashpoint. Darn near flawlessly. We got a replacement in the form of a vanguard DPS who...wasn't great at vanguard-ing? I saw Hammer Shot almost constantly, with few other skills...well, then again, my own vanguard is a tank, so I don't know about the DPS Disciplines. Even with that, we pretty much drove a giant steamroller over the second boss (I keep forgetting his name, the cyborg and his Infinite Army), then pumped that steamroller full of several dozen tons of cement and completely flattened Arkous and Darok on the first try.

...sorry. I tend to gush over stuff like that. Completely awesome stuff, where the healer is exceedingly, above-and-beyond competent, and someone can just switch from DPS to tank and do an amazing job at it. Hats off to you two!!

DeltaBos
03.19.2016 , 09:42 PM | #38
About a year ago I was tanking HM Rakata and I got a healer who was awesome. My only problem was he kept pulling the trash mobs before me, and I would get aggro back, stack them up and we'd still clear them no problem. I was still getting annoyed since, you know, tank pulls and finally I just let a mob kill him and jumped in after he died. He laughed, I laughed, we sped through the rest of the FP with no casualties and I pulled everything first. Great healer that made for a super short run.
Query: Is there someone that you need killed master?

Kingsbount
03.19.2016 , 09:55 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
I'm Usually The One Who Knows How To Do Stuff In My Group,And Always Try My Best To Help Anybody Who Is New To The Operation Or Flashpoint,I Had A Very Positive Experience Once In Kaon Where Me And My Groupmates Just Face-rolled Everything,Other Times I Usually Get A Decent Group In The Red Reaper That I Manage To Explain The Mechanics And They Follow It
You should pay more attention to school instead of playing SWTOR.
Your "writings" made my eyes bleed
"Дебилы, б****дь" (с) Сергей Лавров

dr_mike
03.20.2016 , 08:47 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Kingsbount View Post
You should pay more attention to school instead of playing SWTOR.
Your "writings" made my eyes bleed
Yes but it's 100% allowed here.
Who knows what lurks in the minds of those crazy Sith....
1% gets donated to unemployed Jawas living on Hoth