Jedi Shadow for PvE??

fyrflygrl

I know that this is a subjective question. However, I want to get people's opinions. I'm thinking about playing a Jedi Shadow. I don't like the Jedi Consular story that much but I like the idea of using a double lightsaber and cloaking. So, here's my question. Is the Jedi Shadow fun to play? Is it viable for PvE and flashpoints and is it fairly easy to play? Also, what would be the best Shadow discipline to play? Thanks for your input in advance. I always appreciate the advice that I get on these forums.

Anything is viable for leveling.

I played a Serenity Shadow. Pretty easy. She wasn't super powerful, but that's what Stealth and Mind Maze are for. And that will get you by a lot of the trash, so maybe a bit faster. When I played Serenity, it had more range. They've balanced it to be much more melee now.

I'd say go for it, but as you wrote, JC story is far from the best.

[Edit] you mentioned FP's. I've done virtually none since 4.0, so can't say. But will make a couple of points:

1) The main thing will be whether you choose to be a tank or a DPS. Tanking means you take on a lot of responsibility. And I don't see the stealth being that useful in FP's - I'm sure someone will tell me how wrong I am.

2) One of the great LOL's I had was an Athiss run with 3 shadows and one noob, and very confused, trooper. We'd all stealth and mez targets and he'd just cry about being stuck, then accidentally waking targets. Eventually we were able to school him to just follow.

Edited by DocDAM