Returning Player - Opinion Question!?

qqemokitty

Having recently obtained a new computer and being totally head over heels for the Force Awakens, I thought it would be a good time to resub to SWTOR. =)

I am installing now. I am... totally at a loss of where to begin.

I played at launch but never made it to level cap. My computer didn't love the game, it was a struggle to play it, and WoW was my constant reliable companion. (still is =P) So I have a level 40ish Imperial Operative. I loved her. I love support / healing in every game I play. However, I am also kind of having light saber fever right now due to the new hotness of Kylo Ren. [in SWG i always chose to be a non-force-user, and did the same in SWTOR. but now...?!]

Is it in my best interests currently to:

A) continue my operative since I hear the story is amazeballs and I never finished it

or

B) begin a sith warrior (or inquisitor!?) from level one because the game has changed so much I need to learn from the beginning?

I am going to read some new player guides but I'd be interested to know opinions on that question! And any tidbits of advice for a returning player.

Edited by qqemokitty

My usual reply to someone who has been away is to start over since, as you mention, the game has changed so much. Further, it takes very little time to level these days. Especially now with the double-XP going on till Jan 1

If you want to stay a healer, but use a LS, roll a Corruption Sorcerer Inquisitor. Though I'd personally rate the story below the SW and IA (two of the three best in the game, the other is the JK).

And, yes, most people here rate the IA highest, often by far. I'm not as sold.

Or just do as previous poster and finish IA, then do the Sorc (lightning-fu is fun!)

Thank you for your replies. After considering your input and taking some time to think about, I do believe starting from 1 is the best option for me to learn the game. =) After I get comfortable again I will decide if I want to pursue my sith or switch to operative. Eventually I can finish both!

honeslty i loved pretty much all class stories, so hell yeah play it or even start it from the beginning since its double exp event now, and exp was faster as it was without the event than it used to be anyway. right now u dont have to do anything but class mission to hit 5x lvl.

myself i like SI and SW more than agent, but i must admit that agent story is best written - its just i am not that into the subject as i was in case of SW and SI

A) continue my operative since I hear the story is amazeballs and I never finished it

or

B) begin a sith warrior (or inquisitor!?) from level one because the game has changed so much I need to learn from the beginning?.

Or:

C: Make a new operative, and when you've re-aquatinted yourself to the game, you can decide which one to keep (or keep both).

or

D: Make a new Republic Character - come to the light side o.b.wan.mokitty.

Edited by JediQuaker

LOL. xD I thought about doing light side for like.2 seconds but yeah, no.

On the interesting side, my sith warrior (level 14!) is going full light side choices. I find this very difficult because most of my natural inclinations are.... dark side. Meep. =P I did this because I thought it would be a neat dichotomy, and also because my operative was full dark side (even if I didn't agree with the choice in my mind, I selected it). She looks evil and gnarly.

I guess my goal is that my operative is a pretty crappy evil person. She isn't a sith, she scoffs at the force. She's not a good soldier, she doesn't believe in a cause. She's just... really dark-hearted and cold. She's a Chiss and she is scary as hell.

My sith warrior on the other hand, is all about honor in battle and being a fierce soldier and making morally correct choices, but still believing that the cause of the Empire is just and correct (this was always my old RP stance in SWG etc). I unlocked Torguta for her and it fits nicely with this.

Anyway thats a tldr about my choices. =P I don't want to make another operative because I already played through that starting area at least 6 times at launch and I cannot do it again. xD

But Tremmel's obsession is his purity of Sith Blood agenda. Why would he choose a non-Sith Pureblood as his champion?

Presumably because his desire for efficiency and emphasis on allocating powerful resources correctly and wasting nothing trumped the desire for purity.

!?

Anyway, Tremel himself isn't/wasn't pureblood nor were any of the other supplicants I trumped along the way. =P Unless pure does not refer to actual Sith Purebloods and instead means people NOT of mixed species (?!) origin. In which case, I am quite purely Torguta, not mixed at all.

I don't know, I'm pretty new around here. xD