Sith Inquisitor or Sith Warrior?

Progenitas

Hello everyone, I'm back after a long time to play. Not sure that this is the right forum section where to post it but I'll try anyway ... I am extremely uncertain which class to play, and in particular my choice falls between sith warrior or inquisitor. I would ask all advice regarding this choice, if someone could briefly summarize the essence of the two classes in order to give me a clear idea and outline to help me decide. I do not care much the technical characteristics of the class but only what concerns their story ... i'm returned to play for this and nothing else: D.

Thank you all for your help :)

Hello everyone, I'm back after a long time to play. Not sure that this is the right forum section where to post it but I'll try anyway ... I am extremely uncertain which class to play, and in particular my choice falls between sith warrior or inquisitor. I would ask all advice regarding this choice, if someone could briefly summarize the essence of the two classes in order to give me a clear idea and outline to help me decide. I do not care much the technical characteristics of the class but only what concerns their story ... i'm returned to play for this and nothing else: D.

Thank you all for your help :)

Spoiling as little as possible, Sith Warrior is all about being a proper Sith, with renown heritage and family. Pretty much, you can consider yourself like a RL nobleman or woman. The story is all a fight to gain a position by supporting your Master, and after a couple very interesting plot twists, you'll be fighting to claim a higher position for yourself, on your own. ;)

As a side note, Sith Warriors in general focus a lot on lightsaber fighting, you won't see them using lightnings or anything else too flashy, but they'll get the job done in the most efficient way possible. Stabbing & slashing. Plus, need I mention you can use Darth Vader's choke, even though it's not that great of a move in battle (although it's awesome in cutscenes)? :D:csw_vader:

Sith Inquisitor, on the other hand, starts from the dirt, former slave and all, and grows in power gradually in an attempt to find a position that will put him or her out of the way. Think of it as showing hte Galaxy you're worth more. Eventually, after a very good plot twist, you'll be fighting to find yourself a position of power, that will give you the means to survive a very stubborn and powerful opponent. :cool:

Inquisitors use the Force a lot more than Warriors in battle, and in fact you'll see that regardless of your Advanced Class and Discipline there are a reasonable amount of Force abilities. Lightning included. Think of Emperor Palpatine from the movies, as a reference. ;)

As such it's a bit more flashy in battle, but don't expect anything like Darth Maul even though you can use a double bladed lightsaber if you pick Assassin as your Advanced Class... That guy fights more like a double bladed lightsaber wielding Warrior, for whatever reason. :p

My suggestion is to play them both, if you haven't already. They're a lot different from each other, and offer a different insight to Sith Society. Plus, with how easy it is to level up now, you should manage with ease. :)

Welcome back!

I can't honestly tell you which one to play because that is something that you would need to decide upon yourself. I would recommend trying both classes out at least through the starting planet of Korriban and get a feel for them.

Personally I really enjoy both the Warrior and the Inquisitor class and have two of each so I can experience the advanced classes for each one. So I would say both!

Good luck in whatever you decide :)

Usual suggestion: play them both. And if you do, I'd start with the Warrior just since it's story is more tied to the overarching game story. And yet it still is also more personal as well.

So, FW(little)IW, I prefer the SW story, and rank it perhaps #2 or #3 of all of them.

If you play a SW, a Pureblood Sith makes the most sense. If you play a SI, that isn't a choice** (for the reason "Beast" gave). If you had your heart set on being a Sith race, the choice is clear.

** unless you've unlocked it, but it wouldn't make sense story-wise.

Last, you said mechanics don't matter, but I'll mention anyway:

SW is short range melee. AOE is mediocre. Resource management is tougher. It's a tougher class to play. But this is relative as they are all easy-mode for leveling (I'm not a PvP/raider, so can't help you there).

SI assassin, while short range (with some mid/long) has stealth, which makes leveling less a chore. SI sorcerer is ranged (DPS or healer). And the lightning spec is easy, has great AOE (which makes leveling easier than SW) and has GREAT animations. It's just what you'd imagine a Sith would be (except virtually no up close and personal LS-fu).

Edit: might also mention companions and LS/DS preference. SW is only class that has both 2 F and M romance options (but only if DS. LS has one each). First comp is LS, whereas SI's first is DS. I mention this just because it is very easy to build influence with the 1st comp via Black Talon "influence Farming". I've played SW both LS and DS. The second F comp is only romanceable as DS, and she is far more entertaining as DS. Though I really like the first F (LS) comp.

SI has a very interesting interaction with the first (DS) comp. The rest are a mixed bag. Okay, one is pretty fun, and I won't go into which one near everyone hates.

Edited by DocDAM

Sorry guys, one last question. I read that the general opinion on the story of the Sith Inquisitor is that, compared to sith warrior, it is lacking in substance ... I've read that the Sith Inquisitor is almost always a puppet in the hands of someone ... and compared to sith warrior, he does not even seem to be a true Sith... always looking for artifacts a bit like Indiana Jones but just to be always betrayed. it is true?

I'm not a big fan of the melee classes, and have always been more a fan of Palpatine than Vader, and I love the idea of being able to unleash lightning force and so on ... But if the story is so "poor" compared with the warrior, I do not know ...

I would like to start the game with class and story that I can enjoy, and do not get to a certain point, bored and create another class and doing the same quests (except for the class quest of course) ...

Edited by Progenitas

Sorry guys, one last question. I read that the general opinion on the story of the Sith Inquisitor is that, compared to sith warrior, it is lacking in substance ... I've read that the Sith Inquisitor is almost always a puppet in the hands of someone ... and compared to sith warrior, he does not even seem to be a true Sith... always looking for artifacts a bit like Indiana Jones but just to be always betrayed. it is true?

I'm not a big fan of the melee classes, and have always been more a fan of Palpatine than Vader, and I love the idea of being able to unleash lightning force and so on ... But if the story is so "poor" compared with the warrior, I do not know ...

I would like to start the game with class and story that I can enjoy, and do not get to a certain point, bored and create another class and doing the same quests (except for the class quest of course) ...

They both are puppets when they start... Apprentices obey Masters, after all, don't they? And both start as Apprentices (Acolytes, actually, which is even lower :eek: ), so... :p

That said, story can entertain you only so much. In the end, the game doesn't really have much variety. It's always a move there > kill that guy > turn the mission in routine. However, Warrior and Inquisitor have been two of the most catchy stories to cover that routine with - Smuggler has been my worse nightmare, in that regard... Too obsessively looking for something that wasn't there and thinking "Maybe, next time..." :rolleyes:

After that part where they're under a Master and are to proove their worth, however, they both get to gain a position of leadership in their own way. The fact the Inquisitor studies the Force and history behind the Empire to "properly" (to him or her, at least ;) ) lead, while the Warrior just charges in wreaking havoc on any enemy who dares show his face just means they have a different view on what they can do for their people. :D

The Inquisitor tends to be more subtle in general, more careful, while the Warrior is direct. Like, if there's an enemy character to kill, the Warrior would just charge in, lightsaber blazing, about 90% of times. The Inquisitor would more often think of it carefully, and use his peculiar skills to overwhelm the opponent. Same result, two different ways to achieve it, see? :cool:

That said, the opponents you face are all satisfying to defeat throughout the story. Also, most of them are unexpected, so you'll have a few nice surprises. ;)

Especially the two "supreme villains" you defeat in the final chapter of the classic story. Consider I have taken 4 Sith Warriors and 4 Sith Inquisitors through the classic 1-50 story, I enjoyed those two villains that much. :o

In the final part of the story, the Warrior dominates in one of the most satisfying fights in the game, to assert his own power and avenge himself so that nobody can wield him as a weapon anymore.

The Inquisitor however takes part in one of the most outstandingly epic duels in this game, if you ask me. The final enemy you face unleashes everything he has on the Inquisitor and the Inquisitor itself uses the power he has gathered slowly but steadily from his studies and relics to overwhelm his opponent in return, prooving to be worth of his well earned position. :)

Hopefully this should help you put things in perspective. None of them is better, they're simply different. :cool:

With the Sith warrior you get to troll and corrupt Jedi(not just Jaesa). And it feels like what a Sith is supposed to be,power in the force wise. Not being able to use Force Lightning is a gameplay mechanic and don't read too much into it.

The Sith Inquisitor is about exploring Dark Side esoteric stuff and a bit of Sith history.

However the Sith Warrior story is better in many ways, while the sith inquisitor one is good enough in and of itself.

Here is a quote for @Esbia from a post posted shortly after the game was released. Don't be turned off by the wall of text.

I rolled my main as a Sith Assassin and so had to endure the Sith inquisitor story. Since I am not one for making alts I decided to watch the Sith Warrior story in its entirety on Youtube. Before I saw the Sith Warrior story arc I was underwhelmed by the Inquisitor arc, but not too bothered. After having seen the Sith Warrior arc, I must say I am very disappointed to put it mildly. The Warrior story completely obliterates the Inquisitor story by light years. How can there be such disparity in narrative in the same game? It feels like Bioware's A team wrote the Warrior arc while the interns wrote the Inquisitor story.

The Warrior story couldn't be more different. Your nemesis from the beginning is intriguing and enigmatic; firstly because his true identity is hidden by a menacing mask but also because of some excellent voice acting. Furthermore, unlike with Darth Thanaton (Inq nemesis) who appears out of nowhere and you don't give a **** about, you build a relationship with Baras throughout the story, either growing to hate him making the ending even more satisfying or love him making his betrayal more hurtful. The companion back stories are developed much better in this narrative arc. Two in particular really stick out. You spend quite a lot of your quest chasing the Jedi Padawan and her master which culminates in an epic scene where you get to choose your new companions alignment. Because 25% of the main story arc is spent developing this character's story, by the time you get her you actually give a **** what happens to her. Quinn has another stand out companion narrative. Not only is he a pet like in other MMOs but ends up playing an essential role in the overall plot (his betrayal then redemption etc). This never EVER happens in the inquisitor arc. All your companions do is sit on your ship, tell you where to go etc etc. You never feel like they actually make a difference or even matter. Forget the main story arc which is clearly better written and not stitched together in a disjointed fashion, the actual main character (you) feels *********** ****** with the Sith Warrior. Not only do you never need the help of some ***** ghosts to kill anyone, but by the end you are so powerful, you are literally second in command to only the Emperor himself. Even the Sith Council members are quivering at your presence by the end. And this isn't just to do with the ending and your subsequent rank of Wrath of the Emperor for the last 25% of the arc. Throughout the whole story you feel like a ****** because the arc builds so nicely to make you feel like an unstoppable death machine. You literally feel like the most powerful Sith in the galaxy. I NEVER FELT THAT AS THE INQUISITOR. I always felt like someone's *****, either a ghost or idiotic Sith Lords. Sure you could say that 75% of the warrior story is spent as Baras' *****. But at every turn you can show your defiance and disrespect, and at every turn you are reminded what a worthless fool Baras is without you (the conversation with Vengean sticks in my mind here).

Edited by Kaedusz

• 2 months later...
I've read that the Sith Inquisitor is almost always a puppet in the hands of someone ... and compared to sith warrior, he does not even seem to be a true Sith... always looking for artifacts a bit like Indiana Jones but just to be always betrayed. it is true?

I know this is an old thread, but since nobody mentioned it, I just wanted to add something, that the OP has already found out if he played the Sith Inquisitor, but maybe for future players to read ...

The Sith Inquisitor is a true Sith, you will find his ancestor that was a very powerful Sith while leveling. I myself like the Sith Inq. story a lot. The warrior story is probably better, but the inquisitor story is still very good.

The Sith Inquisitor is a true Sith, you will find his ancestor that was a very powerful Sith while leveling. I myself like the Sith Inq. story a lot. The warrior story is probably better, but the inquisitor story is still very good.

As you said - old thread - but I agree about the inquisitor story. Personally, I liked it a lot more than the warrior story (which was also good though). It's definitely one of my favorites (the actual favorite depends on my mood at the moment :) ).