Can we Please have a level option on who we group with in the Tactical FP; Eg:

levels

10-20

21-30

31-40

41-50

51-65

65 Only

Sorry but anyone under level 45 doesn't have the skill to wipe their nose. Since 4.0 FP have become pain in the hutt dealing with these low level classes. I hate to put people on my Iggy list(a lot added since 4.0)

Speaking of the Iggy list can we make it so it account wide add list, add someone and it's on all our Character's list.

I see low levels jumping in FP just to gain fast XP when they should be running Story/Planet Mission to learn how to play their class. I dropped FP queue 12 times in a row till I found a group with Level 50+ people.The game is for enjoyment not a job. Please do something about the FlashPoints.

I strolled into a tactical with a level 15 vanguard last night and pulled my weight with the rest. Instead of acting like they are less than you, how about giving the newer players some advice to make it easier for all of you? L15 is more than capable of pulling their weigh in all FPs and at L20 they have enough kit to contribute 100%.

Unless you expect tacticals to be 5 minute jobs with overgeared players where you don't have to try? I enjoy the challenge of carrying newbies and helping them learn u know. You must be the type of guy who forms an group for gf SM ops and asks for achievement from potential group members.

I'm trying to figure out if this is a serious post because if I were to build a straw argument against level-syncing for Flashpoints....it wouldn't look that much different from what the OP said.

First, not everyone who is under level 45 is un-skilled, in fact most of the people that I am grouped with who are a lower-level than me have some of experience doing Tactical Flashpoints, few have had more! I get that when having lower-level players in your group, it's a YMMV type of deal, and some of them might lack the abilities (such as interrupts) that can prove useful in a boss fight, but for the most part they can be worked around as long as everyone communicates with each other. Conversely, not everyone who is lvl 65 knows what they're doing when it comes to Flashpoints. Like PVP, these are some of the drawbacks of queuing instead of working with members of a guild/friends list.

Second and this more of a question but what if a low-leveler eventually makes it up to 50+.....do you take them off the list...because according to the OP...skill is based on level....hopefully the OP doesn't place people on the ignore list who are lower-level without even grouping with that user.

My third point is actually more of a criticism of the game post-patch but you can't expect players to 'learn their class' by doing class/planetary story-lines because the game is so much easier now. You can go through the entire main storyline without upgrading your gear. casting a 'cc' or using stims/medpacs.

Finally, if the game is for enjoyment then don't take things like having some lower-level players in your Tactical Flashpoint group that seriously. Unlike a real job, your livelihood is not affected by the composition of your TFP group and if it is....that's your problem.

Edited by Csjbo

I am going to disagree with you. For guilds there is a way for guilds to do something with lower levels and I for one think it is good. This gives a guild a way to do things with each other and for us we actually enjoy grouping like this and we even roleplay through the flashpoint.

This doesn't limit us on who we group with. We have done a couple of these since they did this and it has been fun.

Guess you didn't read I said GIVE US THE OPTIONS TO PICK WHAT LEVEL WE WANT TO RUN FP WITH

Not everyone want to run with low levels , I can count maybe 7 to 12 of low level that listen to what Vet FP players had to say about he FP. The rest want to kill and pull everything. Now higher levels are vote kicking low guys that don't listen hate to do this but it's the only way to weed them. This is the reason need for a level option to choose.

I have encountered an almost equal number of L50+ and even geared up 65s with the exact same problem, it's not a level issue, it's a stupids issue.

You're just blatantly discriminating, now encouraging the creation of queue splits that will result in us waiting 3 hours for a tactical pop, no thanks, i'd rather just be kind enough to instruct low levels or new players.

The kicking mechanism is super-easy in the FPs, is not it? It even allows you to list a reason. Go ahead, kick out the guy who is wiping the group and not listening, no matter what level s/he is with the comment: "did not follow directions". Without the role restrictions, you will get another guy to back-fill in a matter of minutes. That's the beauty of the system.

In my first attempt to do the FPs, a year ago, only once someone attempted to explain the mechanics after I said I was new. I, of course, read up the files beforehand as well. If queuing in the GF meant that there always was a benign senior player like that, happy to explain every boss, we would not be facing this problem now. Trinity flash-points would have just thrived.

I have the same knowledge of mechanics on level 65 character as I do on Level 30. But I would like to level my characters doing the FPs in the correct order, as I believe they increase in difficulty of mechanics & I want to only study the mechanics of one Flashpoint at a time, not all 2 dozens of them, multiplied per 4 bosses each.

By implementing your requirement, you'll be totally fine with my Level 65 char, and would not group with my Level 30. I don't understand the logic of it, if your problem is: "All Low-levels don't know the mechanics".

If your real problem is that low levels do not have access to the high-level abilities, I get it. But be honest about it.

I am sure that the Tacticals were designed with the idea in mind that the higher level players will carry the lower level players, because you stay at the 45+ levels longer. By breaking up the queue like that you will really make the Tacticals an impossible task for the 10-20 level bracket and a very challenging task for the 30-40.

Really, a knowledgeable level 50+ should be able to carry one level 20 try-hard player along with flying colors :)

Now, if they gradually increased the number of FPs available as you level up in order of difficulty, and producing a pop depending on the lowest level member of the pug, now that would have worked better. The pop would not suffer, and folks are not tackling Blood Hunt on Level 12.

Or, they should set the low boundary entry to the group content, in both PvP and PvE to level 26, when the folks get some essential abilities to perform their roles, for gods' sake. It only takes a few hours to get there.

Edited by DomiSotto

No that is not going to help anything but make some people wait longer in ques. I have ran across more level 50/65 that are jerks that don't know what to do in the past than I have with the new way they are done now. I have yet to find a lower level that doesn't listen to me.

At first they want to run and pull things until we explain it will make things difficult for them. I have yet to have a lower level not listen when we are explaining things. I can't say that for some of the higher levels. I run flashpoints with my boyfriend, he's a tank and I'm a healer and we take the time to help people learn things.

Maybe the best solution is for you to find a group that you will be happy with and run with them and that way you have a group you are comfortable with.

I don't see what level has to do with ability. I did a run with my 36 scoundrel and it was mando with a 62 commando dps with legendary status, a 65 guardian dps and a 22 sage dps.

After the shambles of the first boss I asked people to mention if they are new - I knew who they were, the commando and guardian.

The commando actually asked for kill order on second boss (then promptly ignored it but at least they asked) while the guardian did whatever they wanted. The only 2 people who knew the fights in the mission were both sub 40.

The problem is some players think groups are like this:

damage: dps's job

health: healers job

aggro: tanks job

which leaves dps stood in stupid expecting to be healed through it because "moving would lower my dps" or tanks not using DCD's because "my health is the healers job" or dps pulling because "its the tanks problem, tank should sort it out."

And ill finish up by saying what I always say to people who state (or imply) "I don't want to teach new players" - you were a new player when you started, you know what you know now because someone taught you. Nobody - including you - makes their first character and lands on the starter planet (or taris/balmorra once they have abilities) and is interrupting, cc'ing and popping DCD's like a NiM ops player. Granted some of the stuff these new players don't know shouldn't need explaining (things like move out of red circles) but that doesn't mean you just dismiss them as noobs and flame at them in chat.

Edited by BobFredJohn

I almost agree with the OP. Well, partly. Ok fine a little. About 10%.

My beef with this new system is based on a few problems.

1. Spoilers

If for no other reason than spoilers it is a terrible idea to send a level 15 character in chapter 1 of the original story to go fight Darth Malgus in False Emperor. Or to work alongside a Republic SIS Agent in Manaan or Rakata Prime before even starting the SoR lead in story. For a game so focused on story in 4.0 this is a remarkably bad decision in terms of respecting story.

2. Missing abilities

No low level people aren't noobs who know nothing. They aren't Jon Snow after all. But they are, bolstered or not, going to be missing key active and passive abilities that natively higher level characters will have. Sure a skilled player can work around it, but an inexperienced or new player is just going to be a net negative to the group in a flashpoint that was originally way above their level.

Case in point I took a new Sith Assassin tank into Red Reaper and simply was demolished. I'm an experienced tank player and have max level tanks of all classes (this was yet another tank I was fiddling with for fun). I had tank gear, at least as much as was available pre-20, and was specced into tanking with a shield equipped. Still I was demolished. I took a break, then later requeued and got into Hammer Station and low and behold I suddenly was doing just fine. Maybe coincidence but I tend to think the fact that the former was a level 45+ flashpoint originally while the latter was a level 15+ flashpoint had something to do with it.

My wish would be that flashpoints were still all level 65, but that they would all have minimum levels attached to them. Hammer would be 15-65, Athiss 19-65, and so on.

My next wish would be that the difficulty be further downgraded in the tactical flashpoints or they be returned to regular flashpoints. They are undertuned for balanced groups and overtuned for unbalanced groups. I've seen groups go from nonstop wipes to suddenly successful after 1 or 2 people quit and were replaced with companions to cover missing tank and/or healer roles.