False Emperor Prototype Droids Bugged Out?

Your screenshot is in your guildship. But anyway, you're just not doing mechanics right. The tank should stand outside the blue circle while the rest of the group should stand in it.

The tank was inside, we even tried to LoS around one of the corners and it was still occurring.

Screenshot in guildship was because i scrubbed up and didn't really think to get one in the instance

Has anyone else had problems with the droids in FE one shotting people? I just ran one and was hit for 50-70k by the shielded droid every time.

I'm also pretty sure they are bugged, never had any problems with them in regular FPs before the latest patch.

This one was super hard, around 60k seems the average damage at kill, I was one hit with 124k the first time, and as we tried different tactics, standing in a shield does seem to prevent damage for non-tanks, but droid smashed through tank in 5 seconds and entered shield to wipe everyone else.

We managed to pass through at like attempt 10, by sneaking behind them, dying and reviving in the elevator. All other content in the FP was super easy.

I'm also pretty sure they are bugged, never had any problems with them in regular FPs before the latest patch.

This one was super hard, around 60k seems the average damage at kill, I was one hit with 124k the first time, and as we tried different tactics, standing in a shield does seem to prevent damage for non-tanks, but droid smashed through tank in 5 seconds and entered shield to wipe everyone else.

We managed to pass through at like attempt 10, by sneaking behind them, dying and reviving in the elevator. All other content in the FP was super easy.

Its bugged.

The unavoidable damage on the 'tank' player is excessive (one shot level for many players), even if they follow the mechanics and stand outside the circle, and even with a group that has an actual tank (or someone to taunt).

Even kolto clicking like crazy won't save the 'tank' either, not to mention no can run out to click the various koltos without risk of getting one shot by the shielded droid (kolto tanks are not in the blue circle).

Edited by DawnAskham

I have a problem with those droids.

As I tried to do FE in solo mode, I'm past 55lv and I have much less HP than my companion.

Every time I try to take down that one droid, which is not in the blue circle. It hits me and by one hit I'm dead.

What I should do?

Has anyone else had problems with the droids in FE one shotting people? I just ran one and was hit for 50-70k by the shielded droid every time.

I had this same problem this weekend running FE as a Tactical FP. Tried looking the information on Dulfy and it didn't have anything about the one-shot mechanic. After further searching, found a thread on SWTOR forum that stated the entire group had to be in the blue circle. We had 3 dps and a heals (I believe) so no tank to stand outside. I was face-tanking so I stood in the circle along with the rest of the group and we burned them down pretty quick.

Yeah pretty much what everyone said, stay in the blue circles, you'll be fine and that goes for tanks too. I know some people adopt the strategy of having everyone BUT the tank stand in the blue circles, but from my experience those tanks at were outside the circle got one-shotted as well.

It is important to note that since everyone will be standing close to each other, it's not as easy to know which user is getting attacked. DPS and Heals need to pay more attention, it's so easy to get caught up in the ability rotations that a player might not realize they've taken the aggro of the attacking robot until it's too late. This is especially true in groups with no tanks!

Had a group dissolve at this fight, they hit way too hard. Didn't get around to actually trying the strat mentioned here where everyone sits in the circle because the other tank in the group thought their idea of running one to the elevator would solve the problem.

It didn't.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend and I were grouped up for solo mode in this flashpoint last night to get the HK part from it. We wiped twice on this fight and were also wondering if the damage output was bugged. (How did I not find this topic when I was looking for answers last night?)

I had never before heard of the mechanic being that everyone (or all but the tank) must be inside the blue circle. This topic is the first that I've ever seen that mentioned.

It had always been my understanding that the mechanic was "don't attack the shielded one or it will retaliate". And it was easy to blame the first wipe on that because I had accidentally hit blade blitz and charged through both droids. (Wait a second, that put me inside the circle... I got hit for the crazy amount of damage while I was in the circle and heading back to the first droid... Which made sense at the time because you pretty much always want to get outside of circles that appear on the ground in boss fights and I didn't know that this was apparently an exception to that, supposedly...)

But when trying to figure out how we had wiped on it after the second time, I was looking over a dulfy guide (written for story mode in patch 1.1, but whatever) and that described the mechanic as being that the shielded droid would always automatically fire off shots at random targets and that those attacks would hit for about 1400 damage. We were getting killed with hits in the 10k or 20k range (level sync capped us at about 17k health), so that part certainly didn't sound right.

Buggy sounding damage values aside, after reading from that old guide that it was going to be unavoidable and random our third try had us just trying again to hit them HARD while we could, and we got through it. (Well, my friend fell while we took down the first droid and then I managed to finish off the second droid after the shield went down since it was just a regular fight at that point.)

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

A friend and I were grouped up for solo mode in this flashpoint last night to get the HK part from it. We wiped twice on this fight and were also wondering if the damage output was bugged. (How did I not find this topic when I was looking for answers last night?)

I had never before heard of the mechanic being that everyone (or all but the tank) must be inside the blue circle. This topic is the first that I've ever seen that mentioned.

It had always been my understanding that the mechanic was "don't attack the shielded one or it will retaliate". And it was easy to blame the first wipe on that because I had accidentally hit blade blitz and charged through both droids. (Wait a second, that put me inside the circle... I got hit for the crazy amount of damage while I was in the circle and heading back to the first droid... Which made sense at the time because you pretty much always want to get outside of circles that appear on the ground in boss fights and I didn't know that this was apparently an exception to that, supposedly...)

But when trying to figure out how we had wiped on it after the second time, I was looking over a dulfy guide (written for story mode in patch 1.1, but whatever) and that described the mechanic as being that the shielded droid would always automatically fire off shots at random targets and that those attacks would hit for about 1400 damage. We were getting killed with hits in the 10k or 20k range (level sync capped us at about 17k health), so that part certainly didn't sound right.

Buggy sounding damage values aside, after reading from that old guide that it was going to be unavoidable and random our third try had us just trying again to hit them HARD while we could, and we got through it. (Well, my friend fell while we took down the first droid and then I managed to finish off the second droid after the shield went down since it was just a regular fight at that point.)

The Dulfy guides have always been written by players. And sometimes players brute force flashpoints, which leads to people incorrectly identifying mechanics.

Regardless, the mechanic has always been to be inside the blue circle, this is coming from someone who has played the game since launch. Stand outside the blue circle, get hit hard.

Btw, you can entirely negate the droids ever shielding if you can rotate interrupts in your group. The right one will always shield first, just have 3 people rotate interrupts (may require all 4), and he will never get to shield.