French Community strikes back

angushammet

Hey everyone,

For too long we have been waiting for THE update that would make us interested in the game again. We honestly thought it would be the 4.0, but sadly it didn't happen.

KOTFE has been a "single player" experience, offering no multiplayer content. Well almost, as it recycled the former high level content, forcing us to do 4 years old operations and planet heroic missions again and again and again. The life expectancy of the game continues to grow, but in an artificial kind of way.

There hasn't been any operation for more than a year, eventhough we were promised such a waiting time wouldn't happen again. And what about PvP that didn't get any real update since the arenas. And let's not even mention Galactic Starfighter...

The solo quests really happened to be amazing, really interesting and original but they don't keep the game from slowly dying. Dying because the multiplayer content is still the same, and because no announcement has been made to let us think this may change.

That's the reason why the SWTOR community of the Battle Meditation french server decided to join Starwars-univers.com (Biggest french Star Wars website) and the guild "Section Wookiee XXI" to show the Bioware's employees its discontent. We LOVE this game, as the Section and other guilds part of this action are present since the release. Despite the ups and downs of the game we have always been there and always trying to find excuses for Bioware. But today it is just not possible anymore.

We are not critizing just for the sake of it (or because we are french). All we want is to be heard. Sometimes people don't pay attention to the bad critics, thinking they just come from a minority. So they only keep the good stuff.

Now is the time to show we are not a minority but that we are many who think the game is slowly dying. So if you care about that game too and want to enjoy it again with those playmates you now consider your friends: join us and show Bioware it is time to bring this game back to life with MULTIPLAYER content !

This wake-up call action will take place on Tuesday 15th of December at 8:30PM CET (local time) on Odessen.

The more we will be, the stronger our message will get. So do not hesitate to share this with any concerned player. On our side we will use any media possible to make sure this will reach Bioware especially with a live Twitch adressed to Eric MUSCO, with our English speaking protocol Wookiees.

You can also contact us to get a copy of that piece of news in english to share on the forums, english and german servers.

http://www.twitch.tv/section_wookiee_xxi

To contact us In Game:

Section Wookiee XXI GM and officers:

Qui'yo'jin ; Nero ; Nydo ; Delce'thold ; Lain ; Räkko

You can also email me here: lain-anksoo@starwars-universe.com

May the Force be with you, and with Star Wars The Old Republic, always...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry, but all your protest is going to show BW, via their fabled metrics, is that KotFE must be a success with le bleu as the French servers have hit new population levels.

Now, if all French players unsubbed, that might wake them up.

You could even all agree to not log at all for the whole weekend, at least it would reflect what you are trying to show, rather than the exact opposite.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

What Tarkashae said. OP you show passion. These games rely on that passion to fuel hope that, even after you feel shafted, your passion for the IP and/or the game will keep you paying because it fuels hope things will get better. That is clearly the whole basis of this expac. The are banking on that loyalty to keep customers like you and I around until they finally get around to new elder game content.

Thing is I don't even think subscription loss will change this. We aren't talking about under or over powered companions here, we are talking about a year long development schedule. These things can't be changed. Trying to change them or even just saying they would change them if they could would be an acknowledgment of yet another failure with this expac and people would get fired. So its not gonna happen.

French people doing a strike. French never change :D

As previously said they aren't gonna change anything before KOTFE is done. So people who want a change should simply show them that KOTFE doesn't meet their expectation by not subscribing.

I'm a French myself and I don't care at all about group contents. I've done a lot of them in other MMOs and still do, but I play Swtor for other reasons and I couldn't be more happy with their new direction.

Hey, I am on Battle meditation and part of the guild that launched that little "project"

@BaronV

Thanks for your support. The action is currently limited to our server for time and logistics reasons. But you are all welcome to watch the Twitch a comment about it So Eric can see it. If all servers could do the same it would be great. The more players get involved the stronger the message will get.

@BrianDavon

Yes we wish to show Eric and Bioware that more and more players are worried by the lack of multiplayer content. We will record the action and use the same way of communication they do: Twitch, to be heard and stopped being ignored.

@Tarkashe

Yes it would be the best way to show them, but honestly if we would ask you to do it, would you ? ;)

Of course we invite every single player to stop their current subscription (and buy it month by month according on how the Bioware announcements please us), but a few will because many are involved in their guilds. So we decided to choose a less "threatening" method, and without any risk for the players wishing to show Bioware their discontent.

@Fonkyama

We love the KOTFE story ! We don't have anything against the solo missions. But we really need more HL content or many guilds will leave the game.

I have un subscribed. There is no reason for me to stay and pay money for ...nothing. I have about a week left before I drop to preferred.

I went back to GW2, and the vanilla WoW private server I have a lot of fun in. Both free. :)

I applaud what you're doing and I hope Bioware will do something worth while with the StarWars game. If they can turn it around, I will definitely come back! But what is happening right now and for the foreseeable future is not worth my time or money.

Best of luck!

Hi,

Belonging to the guild who launch this initiativ, I hope a lot of people will join us to show our disagreement of the actual bioware politics. Since KOTFE announcement, I have unsubscribed.

Even if some are playing the SWTOR MMO only for solo content, as weird as it is, you should think twice about not giving a care about this. A mmo without guilds structure, people who create stuff, guides, articles, events is a mmo who dies and shut down, and it is not the unsubscribed sunday players who will make bioware and EA pay for a game that doesn't make money.

Maybe they will ignore us, again. But at least we'll have done something. If as a player you truly like this game, join us and also unsub to save it. It is time to send a message, the stronger it is, the better.

Edited by Qui-Ju_Horth

Hi,

If as a player you truly like this game, join us and also unsub to save it. It is time to send a message, the stronger it is, the better.

I thought you were about to ask everyone to make a character on your server - I don't speak a word of French (despite my mother's best efforts), so I guess that's for the best. I'm guessing there isn't much in the way of pure English speakers on your server, anyways. :D

I'll be here, if I don't miss the day :o

By the way, "challenging" HL content doesn't mean hit or miss mechanics only a 3rd party tool can help with and absolutely no clue in the encounter itself so that you need the help of guides... enough with un-healable encounters, even in tacticals.

Edited by JMCH

I thought you were about to ask everyone to make a character on your server - I don't speak a word of French (despite my mother's best efforts), so I guess that's for the best. I'm guessing there isn't much in the way of pure English speakers on your server, anyways. :D

As my guildmate azhyus said "the action is currently limited to our server for time and logistics reasons". But you can join the movement on twitch, gather at the same place on your server at the same time, or even join us on our server if you want. The idea is truly to show that we are not negligible and that we are really concerned by the game's futur.

If for once the community need to be united, now it is. PvPers, Pvers, and story player, we all want the same thing : A living game (not barely surviving) with content and players ( which came when there is content ).

At least it is how i see it.

Good for you. I fear that the only thing BioWare understands is money, however, and the only voice you have in that regard is the Unsubscribe button. Even then, I'm not sure they'd respond; depends on how many of you there are. They are lost in their metrics and spreadsheets and simply don't get it, or just don't care. I've seen mass exoduses from games because of player discontent (read: 20% of the population in a few days) while the devs silently pretended not to notice.

Good luck with your protest, but remember that the only power you have is that which results in the company making less money - such that the cost of implementing new content would be less than the lost subscriptions. It's just math to them.

If you are unhappy but maintain an active subscription, BioWare is completely fine with that.

Edited by Furiant

As my guildmate azhyus said "the action is currently limited to our server for time and logistics reasons". But you can join the movement on twitch, gather at the same place on your server at the same time, or even join us on our server if you want. The idea is truly to show that we are not negligible and that we are really concerned by the game's futur.

If for once the community need to be united, now it is. PvPers, Pvers, and story player, we all want the same thing : A living game (not barely surviving) with content and players ( which came when there is content ).

At least it is how i see it.

No that's not true I'm afraid. The entitled little story-only, I want the game to be faceroll in all circumstances trolls want those who are not like them gone. I don't know how many of them there are in the game, but there are lots and lots of the nasty, vicious ones who post on these forums.

"Can I haz your stuff". "I you don't like the game leave". "One percenters unite! Unsub so Bioware can feel your wrath."

The first is a general quote from such trolls. The second is a general quote which is very often used by such trolls. The third is a specific quote from a few posts back in this thread. There is a nastiness and pettiness to these posts and as I have said elsewhere a sociopathic element to these posts which is saddening to behold. They seem unable to comprehend that theirs is not the only way of playing the game. They seem unable to comprehend that if the remaining raiders and PvPers leave the game they will suffer as well because if they get stuck they will have no fan sites to go to for advice and guides and tips. They seem unable to comprehend how vile their actions are.

Almost without exception fan sites and blogs and podcasts are run either by raiders or PvP players. Without exception class guides are written by raiders and PvP players as they are the only ones who know enough about the classes to write the guides. Without exception theorycrafting is done by raiders and PvP players as they are the only ones who know enough about the underlying data structures of the game to do it The only major fan site that I am aware of which might not be run by a raider or PvP player is TOR Fashion; I don't know what the player who runs that site does in-game. What I do know is that it was started by Dulfy before she handed it on, and guess what: Dulfy's a high-end raider!!

The raiders and PvP players are generally speaking not arguing for an exclusion of story content. On the contrary they are arguing that it is a very good base for the game and that it is necessary, but not sufficient for the long-term health and success of the game. A lot of the story players simply don't know that the forums exist and a further fraction can't be bothered to post here. Yet more know the forums exist and post reasoned items here which are fair and objective. However this forum's atmosphere is made extremely toxic by the trolls that I outline above. There are, unfortunately, also a number of trolls amongst the PvP and PvE population who similarly lower the tone of the forum. However they have not been nearly as much in evidence recently as the story-only trolls.

It behooves Bioware to do something about this from a forum moderation perspective. However recent moderation on this forum has been spotty to say the least. At least the moderators have been more active than the community team who seem to make drive-by postings asking for "feedback" and "questions" before leaving the threads alone to reach vast sizes with hundreds or even thousands of posts, but only the single community or dev post starting the whole thing off. Pretty depressing, but consistent with the ethos and behaviour of the rest of Bioware Austin as an entity. That ethos and behaviour can be summed up as get as much cash in as fast as possible, ignore the long-term consequences for the company and its reputation and hang a substantial proportion of the customer base out to dry.

Good for you. I fear that the only thing BioWare understands is money, however, and the only voice you have in that regard is the Unsubscribe button. Even then, I'm not sure they'd respond; depends on how many of you there are. They are lost in their metrics and spreadsheets and simply don't get it, or just don't care. I've seen mass exoduses from games because of player discontent (read: 20% of the population in a few days) while the devs silently pretended not to notice.

Good luck with your protest, but remember that the only power you have is that which results in the company making less money - such that the cost of implementing new content would be less than the lost subscriptions. It's just math to them.

If you are unhappy but maintain an active subscription, BioWare is completely fine with that.

Unsubscribing and showing our discontentment are not incompatible. Look, i unsubscribed, and I''ll be there. The fact that we have twitch and that website have/will talk about this and the amount of guilde participating is part of the fact that if there is enough noise ( bad poublicity) they will have to react. If They don't, then so be it the game will die like a mando' into the sarlacc.

But Showing your discontent, publicly and with force (understand with a large part of the guilds/players) is a lot better than say " nah, it's useless, i prefer to sit and wait" and do nothing about that as far as i'm concerned.

I'm not saying that it will without any doubt succeed, or that they will magically make content appear. But the fact is that if you don't show your discontentment when you can, why come after to complain?

Here is a chance to said what we have to said, pacifically and it isn't hard or constraint. It only take a few of our time as gamers, but can make things better for us (or nor, we'll see).

Badbuzz is not better than loosing money,

As far as i'm concerned one thing is sure. I do prefer to have remorse than regret about things i did not do.

Here is a chance to step ahead : We got the game we deserve, and if we can't even gather and stand to make a statement to bioware when we have a chance, then we'll be partly responsible for what come next.

And I invite people (as a player) to unsbscribed if they want to do more as i did. But as azhyus said, we won't force anyone to do so.

I am sorry, but all your protest is going to show BW, via their fabled metrics, is that KotFE must be a success with le bleu as the French servers have hit new population levels.

This is funny as hell...but sadly, I think Thorgrim is also 100% right!!!!

Bioware doesn't care what you think, they have metrics to tell them what you like.

No that's not true I'm afraid. The entitled little story-only, I want the game to be faceroll in all circumstances trolls want those who are not like them gone. I don't know how many of them there are in the game, but there are lots and lots of the nasty, vicious ones who post on these forums.

"Can I haz your stuff". "I you don't like the game leave". "One percenters unite! Unsub so Bioware can feel your wrath."

The first is a general quote from such trolls. The second is a general quote which is very often used by such trolls. The third is a specific quote from a few posts back in this thread. There is a nastiness and pettiness to these posts and as I have said elsewhere a sociopathic element to these posts which is saddening to behold. They seem unable to comprehend that theirs is not the only way of playing the game. .....snip

See....I was actually wit cha right up until this. Because that's EXACTLY the attitude I've seen from a lot of the "hardcore entitled MMO purist/Elitists" who gave those same responses to anyone who asked for more "character driven story", "more companion interactions", and "the ability to do more things solo" without someone screaming "spaaaacccebaaaarrrrr!!!!".

Things like...

*this isn't a single player game

*consoles are over there ---------->

*if you don't like the game then quit

*mmo means you should be forced to group.

:rolleyes:

We asked for these things and waited patiently while BW added multiple OP's & FP's HM/NiM, PvP maps, GSF, QoL housing and other improvements catered to everyone except the solo player. It was nearly FOUR YEARS b4 we (solo players) started getting things we'd asked for. So excuse me if I seem uncaring to your dilemma....but at this point, I honestly don't care.

My suggestion......you should pay specific attention too the part underlined in bold.....that works both ways.

As far as your movement.....I don't know how things work in France ( I've only been once when we were on tour ;) ), but in America.....money talks...other forms of protest get largely ignored and quickly forgotten.

See....I was actually wit cha right up until this. Because that's EXACTLY the attitude I've seen from a lot of the "hardcore entitled MMO purist/Elitists" who gave those same responses to anyone who asked for more "character driven story", "more companion interactions", and "the ability to do more things solo" without someone screaming "spaaaacccebaaaarrrrr!!!!".

Things like...

*this isn't a single player game

*consoles are over there ---------->

*if you don't like the game then quit

*mmo means you should be forced to group.

:rolleyes:

We asked for these things and waited patiently while BW added multiple OP's & FP's HM/NiM, PvP maps, GSF, QoL housing and other improvements catered to everyone except the solo player. It was nearly FOUR YEARS b4 we (solo players) started getting things we'd asked for. So excuse me if I seem uncaring to your dilemma....but at this point, I honestly don't care.

My suggestion......you should pay specific attention too the part underlined in bold.....that works both ways.

As far as your movement.....I don't know how things work in France ( I've only been once when we were on tour ;) ), but in America.....money talks...other forms of protest get largely ignored and quickly forgotten.

And here we go, can't you just for once, both side, put the weapons down a agree on one thing : The content shouldn't be so thin?

David_pnewton has his opinion, you have yours, but the point is that none of you want the game to die, aren't you?

I don't remember us (the guild launching this appeal) saying that solo should be remove or whatsoever as far as my guild i concerned, just that a major expansion should be stuff with more than only story content. And it is also right in the other way, only one raid or one pvp mod is not enough.

Seriously the content of the 4.0 on the story side was as far as i'm concerned weaker than the story of makeb. KOTFE is only for force user, and playing it with my smuggler sounded so wrong..

In addition Makeb has story with two versions (one for each faction).

So why don't you both stop arguing about that, and look at the problem we currently have : The gamers are leaving, more and more guild collapse.

We, The section wookiee XXI, are on the game since prerelease, some of us since beta. Most of us never unsubscribed until recently because it is too much and KOTFE was the last drop, we can't stand more without telling that we're not okay with that and we're not alone.

Again for once, put your prejudice aside and think about the futur of the game. is that too much to ask for one moment of peace and collaboration into a common purpose : saving the game we all like our way?

The game do need the PVPers as much as the story players as the PVPers. Again if you can't make some little effort at this moment, you never will. And there will be no use to cry anywhere about the game closing, the other community or whatsoever.

The money has the power you give it. Bad press of Ea/bioware pushing away or ignore a large base of mediatized players is bad for business. Especially in this period.

Again, I prefer to do something about that and fail than sitting on my *** saying it won't work and do absolutely nothing. And i sure hope all the guilds we contacted we'll be there.

Edited by Qui-Ju_Horth

And here we go, can't you just for once, both side, put the weapons down a agree on one thing : The content shouldn't be so thin?

David_pnewton has his opinion, you have yours, but the point is that none of you want the game to die, aren't you?

I don't remember us (the guild launching this appeal) saying that solo should be remove or whatsoever as far as my guild i concerned, just that a major expansion should be stuff with more than only story content. And it is also right in the other way, only one raid or one pvp mod is not enough.

Seriously the content of the 4.0 on the story side was as far as i'm concerned weaker than the story of makeb. KOTFE is only for force user, and playing it with my smuggler sounded so wrong..

In addition Makeb has story with two versions (one for each faction).

So why don't you both stop arguing about that, and look at the problem we currently have : The gamers are leaving, more and more guild collapse.

We, The section wookiee XXI, are on the game since prerelease, some of us since beta. Most of us never unsubscribed until recently because it is too much and KOTFE was the last drop, we can't stand more without telling that we're not okay with that and we're not alone.

Again for once, put your prejudice aside and think about the futur of the game. is that too much to ask for one moment of peace and collaboration into a common purpose : saving the game we all like our way?

The game do need the PVPers as much as the story players as the PVPers. Again if you can't make some little effort at this moment, you never will. And there will be no use to cry anywhere about the game closing, the other community or whatsoever.

The money has the power you give it. Bad press of Ea/bioware pushing away or ignore a large base of mediatized players is bad for business. Especially in this period.

Again, I prefer to do something about that and fail than sitting on my *** saying it won't work and do absolutely nothing. And i sure hope all the guilds we contacted we'll be there.

You Got me so twisted cuz..... I don't have weapons drawn, I have an opinion and play style that doesn't match yours. I never said anything about "y'all should go play something else" (even tho that's apparently what you took from my post). I said for all intents and purposes "wait your turn. The content you want is coming". Just because "I" don't give a **** about & rarely run group content doesn't mean I'm not fully aware that it's needed in game. I WAS hoping y'all "demonstration" went well until ole boi started talking reckless. And then I felt the necessity to point out he had "pot meet kettle" syndrome.

In my opinion, 4.0 has been the BEST expansion yet. It had everything I wanted except the ability to customize the armor on the new companions. That's ALL it was missing imo. I'm having more fun in game now than I ever have. And I've been here since beta too. My sub has never lapsed. I was about to unsub until the 12xp boost hit because I figured BW didn't care about players like ME no matter how much I waited patiently.

So again I say....

Be patient. The content you want is coming...

And btw....money is power. Money makes it possible to live & survive. Some people feel they don't need a lot to be happy.....some people obsess over it. But they both need it to survive. And enough money will quickly fix bad press.