Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is your basis for opposing a group-searching system in SWTOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
What is your basis for opposing a group-searching system in SWTOR?

Aepervius
12.29.2011 , 11:38 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Tekeda View Post
No I like the fact that your rep follows you. If you are anti social Pandas await you just go to them.
I have to ask : what rep ?

Apparentely there are about 1 million subs at the moment, and about 100 server (simplified). So 10000 player per server. You think you can keep track of who's who in such environment ? Not even counting alt? I am pretty sure I could not.
Tempus Fugit : Omnes Vulnerant, Ultima Necat Ergo Memento Mori .

Hairyzac
12.29.2011 , 11:41 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Karzi View Post
I don't need your help, i need you to stop trying to block the rest of us from finding each other with an improved tool so we can get into these flashpoints more efficiently.

Right now there are 0 people in cademimu and two people in taral v at going on 7pm on my server.

I'm sure somewhere someone is helping you complete an easily soloable quest atm though, so its all roses.
Actually I like to solo the heroic 2 man quests. It is quite fun. And to duo the 4 man heroic ones is also quite fun. I haven't found it hard to find a group for FPs since early access started. Usually takes me 2-5 minutes.

Also I don't want to help you, I just wish you wouldn't act like a child. Certainly though your posts aren't helping your case. Maybe you can even see that?

Hairyzac
12.29.2011 , 11:45 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by craigisbetter View Post
If a lfg system is implemented it should only help with find the group. No teleporting to instances! Should stay within the server and should be more like a chat room then a plug In players system. Looking for a group should be social. My guess is the people with the problems are on low populated servers
Great post Craig I agree.

DLSilence
12.29.2011 , 12:52 PM | #74
This one is simple to put to bed, all the flashpoint shuttles leave from the Fleet, yes? Minus those two pesky ones on Ilum.. so why do you need a "finder"? If you want the group you should be on the Fleet anyways.. gg afk zombies waiting for the all powerful group ready box!! Go back to your pathetic dead wow.

Graburr
12.29.2011 , 02:55 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Aepervius View Post

Apparentely there are about 1 million subs at the moment, and about 100 server (simplified). So 10000 player per server. You think you can keep track of who's who in such environment ? Not even counting alt? I am pretty sure I could not.
but you DO know that there are 2 factions per server, and you see the majority of people again, especially the ones you leveled with?

InvisiblePerson
12.29.2011 , 03:09 PM | #76
As a poopsocker, it's my obligation to hate anything that would add fun and accessibility to the game. I also fully support the auction house and how little time and effort that was obviously put into it.

Hal_Narcowitz
12.29.2011 , 03:35 PM | #77
I wouldn't mind a server only LFG tool, but I strongly oppose cross-server grouping. Note that prior to LFG in WoW it had a tool very similar to the SWTOR one. It was never used and people just advertised in the Looking for Group channel or in Trade chat.

I'm a longtime WoW player, and when LFD came out in 3.2 it was great because you'd get instantly grouped with players that had a sense of ethics from server only runs. It seemed like such a great idea. BUT . . . .

Fast forward 2-3 years, and LFG has completely eroded any sense of community ethics and fair play. People ninja stuff constantly just to DE/vendor it from others who actually need the gear, the nerdraging is intolerable, and the server community has suffered as people become viewed as NPCs rather than as actual human beings. People are now walled off into their guilds and it's horrid.

Trust me, you don't want cross-server LFG. It seems like a good idea, but in the end it kills all the fun. It's kinda like crack in that way.

Besides, most people are still barely 20-ish, just hang out until we all get higher level. And level a healer, if you want to get runs quickly.

Hal_Narcowitz
12.29.2011 , 03:41 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Aepervius View Post

Trust me, if this stays server only, you'll get a rep. People will recognize you, and you'll get into the habit of having a friends list and organizing runs through them and your guild.

And if you act like a jerk, it will get around. That's how it used to be in WoW before crosserver grouping, even with the large server sizes.

So to all the little nerdraging WoW trolls who crave their protective blanket of anonymity, BEWARE.

Carakangaran
12.29.2011 , 04:54 PM | #79
I spent more than two hours spamming the Fleet General Channel and whisping various players to find some people to explore the Foundry.
I've been doing this for several days, and there's no way to find anyone anywhere.

It's NOT FUN. Period.

It's not fun not being able to explore a flashpoint, it's not fun being stuck on the Imperial Fleet to find someone to play with.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but even if a LFG tool is not fine by you, it's sometimes necessary to have something to find people to play with.
Moi aussi, j'aime les Chiss Burgers.
Chiss Burgers are so tasty !

Hal_Narcowitz
12.29.2011 , 05:35 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Carakangaran View Post
I spent more than two hours spamming the Fleet General Channel and whisping various players to find some people to explore the Foundry.
I've been doing this for several days, and there's no way to find anyone anywhere.

It's NOT FUN. Period.

It's not fun not being able to explore a flashpoint, it's not fun being stuck on the Imperial Fleet to find someone to play with.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but even if a LFG tool is not fine by you, it's sometimes necessary to have something to find people to play with.
I'm sorry but you've leveled too fast at launch. It's like getting to the stadium 3 hours before kickoff - it's very empty. But then right before kickoff, there's suddenly 60,000 screaming fans.

Give people some time to catch up, honestly you'll be ok.