Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healing in the Star Wars universe.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Healing in the Star Wars universe.

Arixiwi
01.19.2012 , 05:11 AM | #11
I believe (may be wrong) that the Sith Inquisitors heals are also life-drains of opponents, thus making them somewhat dark. Healing for Light-side Jedi is a very developed profession, check Jedi Healers on Wookieepedia.

Now for healing blasters, I sometimes see DOC, my companion shoot at me but thats a white gun with a Kolto vial under it,

FYI: Kolto is a super-fluid-bandage.
Dutch | Jedi Knight | Guardian | The Republic
First Knowledge - European RP Guild

Luckmann
01.19.2012 , 09:16 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerolyfe View Post
[...]

1. Can the force actually heal someone? I can see it possibly healing light side users and giving them longer life... but dark side users? I see Sith Inquisitors healing and I'm like... what? Not only why would they heal but how? Seems odd to me.
Yes, the force can heal. As for the why, that's fairly obvious - to keep you alive.

Quote: Originally Posted by Xerolyfe View Post
2. Are blaster heals for real? I've been healed in PvP by what appear to be IA and BH blaster weapons. So they're shooting me with healing guns? Does that really happen in the Star Wars universe? That seems pretty odd to me too.
Purely a game mechanic with no basis in canon. I honestly have no idea what they were thinking when they did this, considering that there is a wide variety of other options that are actually sensible, like the medic-scans and the small healbot droids and whatnot.

No. Blasters do not heal.

Quote: Originally Posted by Arixiwi View Post
I believe (may be wrong) that the Sith Inquisitors heals are also life-drains of opponents,

[...]
In the game? Mechanically? No.
Classes are completely mirrored. There is no functional difference between a Sage and a Sorcerer.

Lore-wise, the force is just the force. There's nothing actively preventing anyone from using anything. There's technically no canonical reason Sages couldn't use Force Lightning. It's just that they don't.
Bevier, Knight of the EmpireLord Calypso, EU RP-PvP
WTB Jedi Battlelord's Chestguard, Greaves, Boots & Handgear.