[Flashpoint: Depths of Manaan] Cannot finish Selkath Champion fight

Hello all, I am currently stuck in th Maanan FP (Solo Mode, Republic).

I am fighting the last boss.

The fight goes well until the Selkath Cyborg is at very low health. Then the screen goes black, there is a sound like bombardement, and when the screen lights up again, my char is standing outside like he was before. No dying message, no comment, the scene just reset itself.

Health of my char was well above 50% and I did not run into those yellow fire circles..

I tried 3x and got this each time

Has anyone else experienced this? Or am I doing something wrong?

Edited by Myrdovar
add comment

Hello all, I am currently stuck in th Maanan FP (Solo Mode, Republic).

I am fighting the last boss.

The fight goes well until the Selkath Cyborg is at very low health. Then the screen goes black, there is a sound like bombardement, and when the screen lights up again, my char is standing outside like he was before. No dying message, no comment, the scene just reset itself.

Health of my char was well above 50% and I did not run into those yellow fire circles..

I tried 3x and got this each time

Has anyone else experienced this? Or am I doing something wrong?

That black screen simulates the underwater station collapsing. You're supposed to finish that battle in less time, I'm afraid it's a DPS issue there. ;)

I think the timer is 5 minutes, or at least it was in Tacticals before 4.0. :o

A couple suggestions I can give are:

- Try having either you or your Comp DPS. It helps a lot in the DPS compartment, which is what you're lacking judging from the issue you're facing.

- Whenever possible, bring the boss in the fire AoEs. Even if you have to stay within for a few seconds, the damage is neglectable in general, and if you can use a DCD it's even less of a problem.

- Try letting the adds charge in while you're close to the boss, so you can AoE them down together with it. it may seem nothing, but the more damage you can put on that cyborg, the better it is.

GL. :D

There's another problem with that last boss in solo mode. The "super droid" pulls aggro and doesn't take the boss to the fire. It's nearly impossible for a non-tank to pull off him, and get aggro. If you don't get the boss into the fire, it takes too long. That super droid in this case, is a hindrance rather than a help. I prefer a real group for this flashpoint, because you really cannot depend on an AI to do the right thing. All my companions stand in stupid. They don't move. I have to heal them through it. But the super droid on that last boss, he's not programmed to pull the thing to fire. Any non-tank class is pretty screwed if you can't kill him without the fire.

another example of bad design/no testing.

There's another problem with that last boss in solo mode. The "super droid" pulls aggro and doesn't take the boss to the fire. It's nearly impossible for a non-tank to pull off him, and get aggro. If you don't get the boss into the fire, it takes too long. That super droid in this case, is a hindrance rather than a help. I prefer a real group for this flashpoint, because you really cannot depend on an AI to do the right thing. All my companions stand in stupid. They don't move. I have to heal them through it. But the super droid on that last boss, he's not programmed to pull the thing to fire. Any non-tank class is pretty screwed if you can't kill him without the fire.

True. It's very gimmicky to get through with the droid, but there's a (very gimmicky) turnaround. :cool:

If you have Taunts, throw them while you position yourself properly. Those 6 secs of guaranteed attack should be enough to position the boss in the fire. ;)

If you don't have Taunts, things become a lot tougher.

You need to have your Comp Tank, and deselect its taunts so you can use them properly yourself. Put it in Passive when the fire spawns and run to the proper position, so that your Comp follows you. Then have it Taunt. After the boss comes close enough, let your Comp do its work. It's very tough to properly micromanage, but considering how the God (damn :p ) Droid works, it's all I have been able ot come up with. :o

This second strat worked for me on my Op, although it was admittedly very gimmicky. Especially considering the (relatively) short time the fires are around... Normally it wouldn't be a problem, but having to work it that way they're really short. :rolleyes:

I did this fight just a couple days ago with my trooper. I was using Jorgan in damage mode. Every time the fire appeared, I clicked Jorgan to "Passive"and then ran into the fire. Jorgan followed me and the boss followed him. When we were all three in the fire, I clicked Jorgan to attack again. The boss went down on the first try. For some reason, the God Droid never caused any problems, but I remember him being an issue on some of my other characters when I did this fight months ago.

That's something I've never encountered fighting the last boss on manaan on Solo Mode: the GSI droid is having a coke and a double cheesburger while the boss is pounding away on me.

When the fire is up, I'm racing to the fire to bring the boss to it, that Geesus Droid never holds aggro except to the adds.

Definitely, a problem if the Geesus droid still has him.