Companion Story Missions/Conversations

Dayshadow

Do companion story missions occur at certain parts of the story or is it based on the player's level?

If a companion quest is lvl 28, does it become available at level 28 or, for example, after completing a certain planet (like Tatooine).

A more specific example: Mako has a class quest to confront some guy in the cantina on Nar Shaddaa. It's listed as lvl 28 on websites. This level range would space it between Tatooine and Alderaan. However, you could complete Tatooine at level 27 or reach lvl 29 before finishing Tatooine. What would you get the mission?

I assume romance and random conversations are still based on affection? Yes? No?

Edited by Dayshadow

I haven't done any of the companion quests for a long time but I'm going to assume it's based on your class story progression. I'm pretty sure that quests in your log (including companion quests) will suggest around your level (though I have received quests that were red in this expansion) so if you were level 49, the quest will show as level 49 with the whole level sync and all.

So anyway, if all that didn't make sense, let's say you reach level 65 from doing heroics/fp etc and are still around DK for your class quest, you won't get any companion conversation until you progress your class story. But don't quote me on this lol.

I don't really keep track of these things anymore, but when I saw the question I remembered reading something about it in the 4.0 release notes. Here's a quite:

Class Companion conversations will now unlock based upon class story progression, rather than affection/influence thresholds.

All of the companion missions should be based on storyline progression at this point. There is probably a target level but you get the mission whenever you get to that point in the storyline, whenever you complete the appropriate missions regardless of levels, I believe.

Do companion story missions occur at certain parts of the story or is it based on the player's level?

If a companion quest is lvl 28, does it become available at level 28 or, for example, after completing a certain planet (like Tatooine).

A more specific example: Mako has a class quest to confront some guy in the cantina on Nar Shaddaa. It's listed as lvl 28 on websites. This level range would space it between Tatooine and Alderaan. However, you could complete Tatooine at level 27 or reach lvl 29 before finishing Tatooine. What would you get the mission?

I assume romance and random conversations are still based on affection? Yes? No?

Once you finish a class story on a planet, say Taris for instance, you then unlock the conversations for that planet. Its not based on influence/affection as far as I can tell, as I still had Bowdaar at 0 affection when I finished tat.

Companion conversations USED to be influence and level based. Since 4.0, they are now soley based on progress through the class quest. As you hit certain points in the story, your companions will all have dialogue options at (almost) the same time. Some times, a companion will have multiple conversations in a row- again, these used to be further spread out requiring different levels of (what was then) affection, but, now they are all piled on top of each other. Edited by Calinaph