The Old Republic in December

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

There are quite a lot of things that will be going on in-game during the month of December. We wanted to share all of them with you so you know when to get in on the action.

Events

• Dec 8 – Dec 15: Relics of the Gree
  • Dec 8 – Jan 5: Log in for 4th Anniversary Rewards!
  • Dec 15 – Dec 22: The Rakghoul Plague
  • Dec 15 – Jan 5: Life Day
  • Dec 18 – Jan 1: Double XP
  • Dec 22 – Dec 29: Bounty Contract Week

For Life Day this year we have made a few changes to the rewards. All previously available rewards, including some items previously only available on the Cartel Market, are available for purchase with Snow-Covered Parcels from the Master of Ceremonies on each Faction’s Fleet. Additionally, we have a few new Cartel Market items in honor of Life Day and one of them might be a tank that shoots snowballs, seriously.

Conquests

• Dec 8: Relics of the Gree
  • Dec 15: Rakghoul Resurgence
  • Dec 22: Death Mark
  • Dec 29: The Balance of Power

That is everything coming to you in December. Don’t forget about all of the subscriber rewards you can become eligible for in January as well. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the information! Nice to see Life Day comes a week before Christmas so players who are with their families can still do it before, or even afterwards in January. Looking forward to seeing what the vendor has available.

And of course, I'm looking forward to the 4th anniversary rewards. :) Couldn't care less about the HK-47 statue but the Collections show a Ebon Hawk regen toy that I really want to get on my smuggler.

Edited by Jerba

Hey folks,

There are quite a lot of things that will be going on in-game during the month of December. We wanted to share all of them with you so you know when to get in on the action.

Events

For Life Day this year we have made a few changes to the rewards. All previously available rewards, including some items previously only available on the Cartel Market, are available for purchase with Snow-Covered Parcels from the Master of Ceremonies on each Faction’s Fleet. Additionally, we have a few new Cartel Market items in honor of Life Day and one of them might be a tank that shoots snowballs, seriously.

Conquests

That is everything coming to you in December. Don’t forget about all of the subscriber rewards you can become eligible for in January as well. Thanks everyone.

-eric

The 4th anniversary rewards are strong in this post.

• Dev Post
What were the 4th Anniversary Rewards? I don't see anything there to click...

The rewards will be announced later this week, I will edit the link in when that happens. I accidentally left that part in the post, I removed it for now to avoid any confusion.

Thanks for catching that!

-eric

Like many people have suggested, double Influence would be a whole lot more useful than double XP for most players.

The double xp is obviously for new players who are being attracted to look at it by the new movie

Edited by Trobon

Hey folks,

we have a few new Cartel Market items in honor of Life Day and one of them might be a tank that shoots snowballs, seriously.

I hope there are a number of new Life Day themed decorations. That's all I really care about. :)

Edited by RandyL

Just call them incentives already, they really aren't "rewards". It's not about past loyalty, it's about hooking people into continuing to subscribe over the course of KotFE.

Also, I'm still disgusted by gating story content behind a $120 time-sensitive exclusive. The "bonus" chapter idea is worse than the Cartel Market Shroud datacubes.

Hey folks,

Events

Conquests

-eric

That's pretty impressive the part about the speeder that shoots snowballs. Read my post last night huh? :D

So...um...when can I expect my albino monkey lizard for a job well done? lol.

Feel free to pillage my suggestions, there's more where that came from. I could be the queen of lifeday goodies.

Here are some suggestions for subscriber rewards...or cartel items...

As a subscriber: You get a special quest ritual to Bring Darth Marr back from the dead. Only a sub will get this, and only a sub can have Darth Marr as a companion.

As a subscriber: You get a stronghold on Odessen! That's right first three rooms are free for subs.

As a subscriber: The ability to customize your companions! (again)

As a subscriber/founder: As a sub/founder you don't have to pvp to earn back your comps, you have done quite enough, and especially if you have played all 8 stories in full and earned 10K with all your comps on all characters.

As a subscriber: You will get to enjoy a NEW lifeday event...with glorious prizes like Ice Sculptures of your favorite heroes! A Wampa wall hanging! A Wampa head trophy! A fireplace with hearth for your house!

As a subscriber: You get the all new exciting Snow Speeder that allows you to shoot snowballs at mobs as you pass by. Also travels 25% faster than anything else in the game!

As a subscriber: You get an interactive life day puppy!

And just for Lunafox: An albino monkey lizard, just cuz...and I'll name him Special Snowflake.

Hey folks,

Events

Conquests

-eric

Are we ever going to get a story mission series to go along with Life Day at some point in the lifespan of SWTOR? I'm a Chewbacca, Zaalbar, Freyyer, and Tarfful fan and a Wookiee fan in general and it boggles my mind that we don't have a Wookiee NPC driven story mission series behind Life Day and that we still don't have the Wookiee homeworld of Kashyyyk in the game. I also really hope and pray that we at least get Jakarro as a companion, seeing how we already Lana and Theron back. Jakarro was just as big a part of Forged Alliances and Shadow of Revan as Lana and Theron. In my opinion he should have been back post-chapter 9 with Theron. OK I'm done ranting now, but it would be awesome to see some more love for Wookiees and for Life Day.