Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Barter with the Lady of Pain

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
A Barter with the Lady of Pain

Admiral_Kolchak
12.26.2011 , 12:10 PM | #11
ok beat it thanks for the advice guys

ThWatcher
01.16.2012 , 02:57 AM | #12
Another quick note; don't try to out level him. Every time you gain a level, he gains a level.

KnightOwl
01.16.2012 , 03:05 PM | #13
Uhg. I give up on the Bounter Hunter. May try something else. This one is too hard.
Already spend over 20k in gear fixing. I guess I just suck.

Vedorian
01.16.2012 , 04:15 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by KnightOwl View Post
Uhg. I give up on the Bounter Hunter. May try something else. This one is too hard.
Already spend over 20k in gear fixing. I guess I just suck.
If you cant beat it, ask someone to help. Just as long as you keep him off of you, you should be fine.

pinkfreudHC
01.16.2012 , 05:02 PM | #15
I'm fully invested in Shield-Tech with 40% damage mitigation.

The fight took a while but it was never in question. He did seem to have bigger spike damage than the average elite, however. Save a medpac, definitely.

The_Duck
01.16.2012 , 05:07 PM | #16
start the fight with your companion so they take some damage
- The Duck

KnightOwl
01.16.2012 , 07:38 PM | #17
I'm a merc and no matter what I do I died fast! Even with 70 rating armor. I can take down a horde of enemy's and even elites but not this guy. Kind of frustrating. As a merc I'm better at ranged attacks, this guy is melee.

GrandMasterGrill
01.18.2012 , 12:02 AM | #18
im a bodyguard and he beat me 3 times with 20% health then i decide to heal and let mako did the dmg first try and he was dead so there is always a way just keep trying

Revelationjp
01.18.2012 , 11:26 AM | #19
I haven't had any trouble with any class quests/bosses at all, as a dps arsenal merc. Kiting is difficult with our skill structure, But we have a good selection of melee escapes for stuations like this. Talented rocket punch + jet boost tends to keep him away while you're hitting him with your hard attacks. Having Mako geared and on med watch keeps you healed really well. I can't remember what level you are around that area, but my normal rotation for a gold melee attacker who starts close is: rocket punch and jet boost for damage and distance + slow, tracer till he's in melee range again (3X or so), rocket punch once it's off cd, then unload (more slow), tracer 2 more times, rail, all the time using rocket punch and jet boost whenever they're off cd. Throw in electro shock whenever you can, and keep the tracers going. They do great damage and build those debuffs. If you're anywhere around the wuest level you shouldn't have any trouble at all. With our damage output and makos healing, we should very rarely have to kite, and our abilities make that a losing prospect in a long fight anyway, since our best damage moves root us for extended periods.

DredlyLB
01.18.2012 , 12:14 PM | #20
Yeah I had to call in help as well. he hit too hard for me to stand there and fight him and Mako couldn't keep me up...

I'm sure I could have taken him down if I tried enough times but I really didn't feel like it, so I called in help, with the help of a Sith we crushed him in no-time.

I also needed help on the next part of the quest that you are going to do... these are the only 2 bosses that I have had trouble with so far and I'm lvl 42 now