Can anyone confirm the max # of Preferred character slots (post-4.0)?

DocDAM

Just want to be prepared for sub ending (plan to return after story completion).

I know the FAQ. They already "corrected" it once. And it still oddly talks about an "increase". So, please, just looking for actual info, not an interpretation of this:

Note: If you’re a preferred player, the number of active characters you may have per server has been increased to 16. You cannot have more than 16 active characters on a server even with purchased unlocks or Start at 60 characters.

So, can anyone who has been a Pref post-4.0, or has confirmed info from a Pref, report back what the real deal is? Especially want to know if that person how free (and bought!) L60 characters are actually handled.

Thank you!

Edited by DocDAM

Well that quote you listed did say that the max amount of ACTIVE toons is locked at 16, though i'm not sure how many toons you can have in total. I did read somewhere that Prefs and F2P could have 22 total character slots pre 4.0 so I imagine that number either stayed the same or it went up along with the sub's number of character slots which is now 40 toons. I wouldn't think that it would go down.

If you are still wondering how the L60 tokens are being handled, they work like this: You get 1 free level 60 of your choosing (Only if you are subbed.... Pretty sure that Pref and F2P do not get a free token unless they purchase the xpac or just buy one off the GTN or Cartel Market) and can immediately pick their advanced class. You may have recieved 2 new toon slots in 4.0 but you only get ONE FREE L60 token, not two like some people had thought. Once you create your L60, you will not start out with all of your abilities due to a tutorial mode that has been implemented for each class, but this can be disabled in the settings for anyone (brand new players may not have the option to disable since they're new and will need to learn their class abilities one by one along the way, but not sure if thats right. Someone correct me if I'm wrong). You can do anything you wish with your free L60 with the exception of your class story missions or unlocking any class story related titles such as 'Master ______' or 'Captain ______'. You can do KotFE, planetary story arc missions, anything you want but you CANNOT play your class story or do any past expansions (SoR, RotHC).

You can delete an instant made 60 AND be refunded your token if they are still level 60, though I heard that there may still be problems with this and will need someone else to confirm. Sorry I couldn't help you much with the preferred character slot questions, but hopefully that paragraph on the L60 tokens enlightened you a bit more. :D

As a preferred player (yeah, apparently preferred can post on the forums now. I'm shocked, too), I can say that the baseline number of character slots (as in, without buying any character slots) was raised to 8 with KotFE.

Gee thats just great, I bought 2 slots before the expansion for nothing I guess. There goes 1200cc down the *******.

As a preferred player (yeah, apparently preferred can post on the forums now. I'm shocked, too), I can say that the baseline number of character slots (as in, without buying any character slots) was raised to 8 with KotFE.
THANK YOU! Exactly the info I was looking for.

Originally, BW said "increased to max of 14 slots", then we all pointed out Prefs already (pre-4.0) had a max of 16. So they changed the wording to "increased to max of 16 slots", not recognizing that 16 isn't an increase from ... 16 :) So that's why I asked.

Of course, the max might still be 16. But with the base now 8, and previously you could have bought 10, I'm now expecting they were once again wrong and the max is now probably 8+10=18. (as in, you know, an increase :))

But having bought 8, I'm a little reluctant to buy 2 more (actually have them, just haven't unlocked).

Oh, @Teh: a L60 unlock can do ROTHC (and Ilum and Oricon). Just no class story or SOR.

that was the info I was looking for as well. I already had all originally available 10 slots unlocked, so I'm hoping that I get to keep all of those. plus whatever slots we get with those lvl 60 purchases.

Unless they changed it, a couple weeks ago when I was preferred for about an hour, the max was 16 even though I bought six (6) additional slots to make it 22 before KOTFE.

At the moment I have 24 slots per server now and will try to push it to 40.

One character per advanced class is too boring for me.

it's awesome trying to make a LS and DS for each advanced class.

You get some wicked story lines.

Unless they changed it, a couple weeks ago when I was preferred for about an hour, the max was 16 even though I bought six (6) additional slots to make it 22 before KOTFE.

At the moment I have 24 slots per server now and will try to push it to 40.

One character per advanced class is too boring for me.

it's awesome trying to make a LS and DS for each advanced class.

You get some wicked story lines.

so. if I'm understanding correctly... what you are saying is that even if you bought additional character slots on top of the 10 you used to be able to add pre KOTFE... the max is still 16? and those slots you ostensibly paid money for ..don't count?

or did I misread your post?