Downtime: 25 November 2015

TaitWatson

Hey folks,

We have identified an issue with the fix for the "dead bodies lining the streets" issue, and will need to deploy a fix for it. This downtime will occur tomorrow (November 25th) morning, at the same time as today: 5AM PST - 7AM PST (1PM - 3PM GMT).

There won't be a patch associated with it, as it's just a server-side fix, but here is your "Server Fix Note":

• The galaxy is no longer (and can no longer become) littered with the corpses of those who have fallen in battle. For real this time.

-Tait

Edited by TaitWatson

Hey folks,

We have identified an issue with the fix for the "dead bodies lining the streets" issue, and will need to deploy a fix for it. This downtime will occur tomorrow (November 25th) morning, at the same time as today: 5AM PST - 7AM PST (1PM - 3PM GMT).

There won't be a patch associated with it, as it's just a server-side fix, but here is your "Server Fix Note":

• The galaxy is no longer (and can no longer become) littered with the corpses of those who have fallen in battle. For real this time.

-Tait

That's good to hear. Don't forget about the countless character restoration request tickets that are still waiting to be answered.

Hey folks,

-Tait

Just so you know, it seems as if 4.0.2a broke something in regards to companion quests. With 4.0, companion quests were supposed to be no longer tied to Influence, but to story progression. Now it seems that this is no longer the case as I can no longer have access to certain conversations that I had before today's patch, but did not yet engage in.

The Customer Support team is still working through those, as was mentioned by Musco here.

Are you aware of what the average wait time is for a character restoration ticket at the moment? I've currently been waiting 10 days. Appreciate this is off topic and a situation of my own making, but any indication of when I'm likely to have the character restored would be appreciated.

-Tait

Rhyme of the Ancient Khem:

Bodies, bodies everywhere and not a drop to drink. Bodies, bodies everywhere and all the mobs did shrink...

Hey folks,

-Tait

Oh sure, just take all the corpses away now. Some of us were collecting those. No longer will I be able to log in and gaze with pride upon the mountain of musty bodies standing testament to my achievements and meaningful exploits.

This 100% nerf of corpse collecting is going too far!

How will that galaxy know, like my good friend 2V-R8 knows, to tremble at my coming?

#AllCorpsesMatter

Are you aware of what the average wait time is for a character restoration ticket at the moment? I've currently been waiting 10 days. Appreciate this is off topic and a situation of my own making, but any indication of when I'm likely to have the character restored would be appreciated.

Well I have been waiting 22 days for a character restoration of my main character I accidentally erased. From what I can tell Character restoration requests seem to be a low priority for customer service as I have had other ticket dealt within that time period.

So good luck man

It seems the dev team is more concerned with bodies than gameplay and this new maintenance window shows the QA process is non-existant considering there were only a couple of things that were being addressed in yesterday's patch. The new patch broke companion influence conversations for all pre-KotFE companions but no word to even acknowledge the issue, let alone provide an ETA for fix

Other significant issues:

• Bounty Hunters around the galaxy are unable to complete The Manalorian Killer and progress to Chapter 2 of their class story
  • Agents are trapped on Taris seeking Doctor Lokin in The Cult of Ki Sazen quest
  • Multiple other classes are reporting class quest gating bugs to include issues with class quests on Rishi
  • The monolith fought at the end of the mission Monolithic gets the last laugh as the story cannot be progressed
  • Multiple players reporting the links between the original class story, Ilum, Makeb, Oricon, Forged Alliances, Rishi, Yavin and Ziost are broken. If a player completes any one of these the others are either not accessible or have gating bugs that say a required mission has not been completed
  • Multiple Heroic 2+ missions have item pickup bugs that require resetting and hoping you can loot the item the second (or third, etc) time
  • Several of the old planetary Bonus Series quests are missing terminals for mission making the chain impossible to complete
  • Ice Scrabbler Jerky dominates the loot table
  • Romance is dead in the galaxy as companions will not take courting gifts, even when in a relationship
  • Mitigation issues on tank companions, they go from practically invincible with shield buff and then become less durable than healing or DPS companions when it is on cooldown in longer fights against champion level mobs
  • Yavin stronghold treats entire area as a single room making the reset room option a clear stronghold option and therefore useless
  • Mako is suffering from a sexual identity crisis and offers All Work and No Play to female Bounty Hunters
  • Many bonus missions attached to class quests are calculating award based on actual level and not adjusted level causing a reward of 5 - 7 XP
  • Treek on the Republic side has forgotten how to say anything but "You underestimate me"

These are all issues being reported by multiple players and not a single one is listed in the Known Issues thread. Instead of knee jerk patches, the primary focus should have been on the massive number of issues with actual game breaking problems that are getting worse with every patch. The bodies issue is causing lag but the broken missions are causing frustration at every level of the game as some of them are affecting the new KotFE content as well.

Edited by Mythago

Why don't you fix companion stories from pre-KotFE?

This workaround of abandoning/resetting is making the game not recognize romances in the FRICKEN 1-50 STORY.

Your bread and butter? I'm starting to think you should shift your funds from writing to hiring developers who know how to program.

It seems the dev team is more concerned with bodies than gameplay and this new maintenance window shows the QA process is non-existant considering there were only a couple of things that were being addressed in yesterday's patch. The new patch broke companion influence conversations for all pre-KotFE companions but no word to even acknowledge the issue, let alone provide an ETA for fix

<snip>

It's unfortunate you felt the need to post this list. Don't get me wrong, I think you're entirely justified in doing so.

Come on, Bioware, the sheer volume and severity of the majority of these things is ridiculous and it's not even a complete list :(

I understand that these persistent bodies have been causing problems for many players by creating all kinds of lag issues. The funny thing is that I never actually saw any of that until yesterday after the patch.

Mild spoiler alert for the macro-binoculars quest series:

I'm near the end (I hope ;) ) of the macro-binoculars quest series, where you fight this guy on a moving barge on Nar Shaddaa. I never managed to beat him since I was trying it solo, and he could heal himself faster than my companion and I could hurt him. Didn't stop me from trying several times though. Each time he spawned a bunch of tiny hovering robots that I killed off, and their bodies usually disappeared then, but after I was killed, revived, and came back for more, all the dead little robots were back, bobbing up and down in the air around my enemy.

After a couple of rounds of that the air was thick with bobbing, floating, dead robots. Kind-of entertaining actually, and it didn't affect gameply too much, but, yes - please make it stop :)

It seems the dev team is more concerned with bodies than gameplay

You do realise that due to the mass bodies on any 1 instance, its nearly crippling the gameplay for many people due to extreme lag.

While yes the other points you made do need fixing, its a case of priority's, what is potentially a 5 minute fix, what may take 5 days to fix etc, you start at the smaller ones that can be fixed quickly.

Hey folks,

-Tait

Great, just great.. more downtime.. Didn't get to play yesterday, and now another down time.....

Nice that you fix bugs offcourse, but this should have been fixed in yesterdays patch... Oh well....

• Bounty Hunters around the galaxy are unable to complete The Manalorian Killer and progress to Chapter 2 of their class story
  • Agents are trapped on Taris seeking Doctor Lokin in The Cult of Ki Sazen quest
  • Multiple other classes are reporting class quest gating bugs to include issues with class quests on Rishi
  • The monolith fought at the end of the mission Monolithic gets the last laugh as the story cannot be progressed
  • Multiple players reporting the links between the original class story, Ilum, Makeb, Oricon, Forged Alliances, Rishi, Yavin and Ziost are broken. If a player completes any one of these the others are either not accessible or have gating bugs that say a required mission has not been completed
  • Multiple Heroic 2+ missions have item pickup bugs that require resetting and hoping you can loot the item the second (or third, etc) time
  • Several of the old planetary Bonus Series quests are missing terminals for mission making the chain impossible to complete
  • Romance is dead in the galaxy as companions will not take courting gifts, even when in a relationship
  • Mitigation issues on tank companions, they go from practically invincible with shield buff and then become less durable than healing or DPS companions when it is on cooldown in longer fights against champion level mobs
  • Yavin stronghold treats entire area as a single room making the reset room option a clear stronghold option and therefore useless
  • Mako is suffering from a sexual identity crisis and offers All Work and No Play to female Bounty Hunters
  • Many bonus missions attached to class quests are calculating award based on actual level and not adjusted level causing a reward of 5 - 7 XP
  • Treek on the Republic side has forgotten how to say anything but "You underestimate me"

These are all issues being reported by multiple players and not a single one is listed in the Known Issues thread. Instead of knee jerk patches, the primary focus should have been on the massive number of issues with actual game breaking problems that are getting worse with every patch. The bodies issue is causing lag but the broken missions are causing frustration at every level of the game as some of them are affecting the new KotFE content as well.

++++++ While I appreciate you are trying to balance companions. That could have waited as mostly it just made a large majority of the community mad. I do wish you would just concentrate in bug fixes for like 2 months. :p I could do without new content even if you would just fix all these crazy bugs. There are still items left over from 1.0 that have never been fixed :p

What about the corpses in the [Heoric+2 for Shock Doctrine]. These corpses have a 15 second despawn timer, and they are the corpses we need to plant Ulgo Tokens on, the plant takes a 3 second channel, and there is a cooldown of 3 second cooldown on it, which means after you kill a pack of three you often don't have time to plant the tokens, and you have to plant 20 of them. This makes Shock Doctrine the most annoying heroic in the game.

I didn't notice these corpses despawning so fast until I notices the other ones not despwaning at all, I wonder if it is related?

quoted for it's importance.. all these bugs really do need resolving, sooner rather than later, this is not dust you can just sweep under the sabbac table.. these are many large boulders.

Edited by cambul