Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My reaction to Tharan Cedrax

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular
My reaction to Tharan Cedrax

ratfanatic
12.25.2011 , 11:16 PM | #1
This was me when my JC picked up Tharan Cedrax as a companion.

I love the game so far but geez why did such an annoying character have to end up as one of my companions? At least I never have him out and only use him for crew skills.
iŻi▀▀▀▀▀iŻi‾°δ‾‾Pך ████████████████████████████████████████)

sollinton
12.25.2011 , 11:21 PM | #2
First off, great clip. I loved that scene so much.

However that's where I have to stop agreeing with you. I personally like Tharan. In fact he is my favorite companion until Nadia. He does a very good job of embodying the "scoundrel" archetype while still having a huge interest in protecting the weak and actually having a brain.

Plus he's a great healer for Balance Sages and Balance/Kinetic Shadows.

Rax_Nibune
12.26.2011 , 12:17 AM | #3
My 1st reaction of getting him was that, but the addition of "Holiday" made him extremely unique
"Feel the Force, Watch out for the wave!"

DarthMaxiss
12.26.2011 , 12:23 AM | #4
As a dps Telekinetic Sage, he was pretty much a god send for me. My other companions are just idling away on the ship.
Proteus
All the way to Alderaan -
Squadron 14-610

Sterrius
12.26.2011 , 12:28 AM | #5
Tharan is by far my favorite companion losing only to nadia.

I found holiday and him very funny sometimes even more if you try to flirt with holiday and massage his ego a little.

And nothing beats holiday in battles. Not unusual for players to go "WoW funny move" when they see holiday dancing for the first time

Fleshfeast
12.26.2011 , 01:53 AM | #6
I agree 100% with the OP. Then I had the same reaction all over again when I realized he's good enough that I actually have to use him.

I cannot stand this guy.

Ellisande
12.26.2011 , 01:54 AM | #7
Lol this was me when I picked up Qyzen Fess.

I like Theran, he's an overpowered healing companion.
Quote: Originally Posted by cjohnk View Post
You can't add completely arbitrary assumptions on to someone's statement. When a statement is made, take it for what it is not for what it could be if you tack on 7 more words of your own choosing.

Deedre
12.26.2011 , 01:57 AM | #8
I like him, but can't use him since I'm leveling seer. So I'm stuck with the big lizard for now.

Phallitus
12.26.2011 , 07:30 AM | #9
I find him extremely annoying and as a shadow tank I think his heals are a bit weak (never upgraded his gear cause I never used/liked him) usually I rely on Zenith to help burn stuff down and just use my combat cloak instead of having a heal companion.
Phallitus

Llostris
12.26.2011 , 07:37 AM | #10
Tharan is both annoying and a very creepy guy (he's dating a hologram!)

However he is a great combat companion for my shadow inflitrator. Unlike Qyzen he doesn't interrupt mind maze and at higher levels has really good healing abilities. Also "Holiday" saved my heroine's life many times.