Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquest 2.0

Silenceo
11.15.2015 , 04:59 PM | #1
Welcome one and all, to Conquest!

In its simplest form, Conquest allows each player to insert themselves into a mixed-time line in the Star Wars universe that features factions from across the era’s. However, it is not all about them, far from it. It is about what you choose to do and how you react to everything. In Conquest, there are very few limits, which are often pointed out ahead of time, and players are given freedom to do as they wish, within reason.

This is not only about yourself and your actions however. Conquest places your starting character at the head of a faction that you create. You could make it like your favorite faction if you so wish, or even head off into completely unexplored territory! The choice is up to you.

Throughout your play, there will be a number of IC (In Character) PM chains between yourself and the overlord (at this time me) when you encounter NPC’s. You can, of course, opt out of such if you are uncomfortable for a streamlined version where you get the results of the meeting.

Not only this, but you can travel to the worlds of the Star Wars universe and do as you please. However, keep in mind that everything has a reaction. Not only this, but the actions of your faction will indeed impact galactic events. Pirating? Go for it. Trading? Why not! Admiral? The bridge awaits, Sir! The limits are merely logic, and your imagination. Though, I will at times have to step in to stop ridiculous situations, and I will always advise (unless asked not to) on events going on or moves you may make. Such as advising against waltzing around on Coruscant with a lightsaber…

In order for this all to run smoothly however, you must be willing to communicate with the other players and I when it is needed. Absences are of course expected, and no need to stress over your faction every day! I can help alleviate such stress and make sure nothing goes crazy in your brief absences.

Other than that, it is good to note that while once learned you can ignore them to some extent, Conquest ultimate runs on the use of numbers and equations. Not to worry however, for I will always be ready and willing to help. The best part of which, is that once you figure out the numbers once for something, you never need to worry about it again unless you want to modify it. On the plus side, there is already a lot of the work done and pre-calculated units to use if you want to avoid math at all possible.

Lastly, that the majority of Conquest is run using google docs. Do note, that I only share the docs to those who PM me specifically about them and only to the people the docs pertain. I highly advise setting up a gmail for this if you are to participate, as to keep your name safe and secret.

With that out of the way, I hope you join us in Conquest, and enjoy it as we currently do!

If you are interested, post here in the thread or PM me for further details.

Outlines and Examples
Spoiler

Factions
Spoiler

What is expected of Players and the Overlord

Map:

Beginning

"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

Jarons
11.15.2015 , 08:38 PM | #2
Wow this seems amazing and something I'll really be into.I have a question Mr.Silenceo what if I wanted to build a faction that all they did was build cool Star Wars tech is that possible?

Silenceo
11.15.2015 , 08:40 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarons View Post
Wow this seems amazing and something I'll really be into.I have a question Mr.Silenceo what if I wanted to build a faction that all they did was build cool Star Wars tech is that possible?
Of course. Merely would need to invest in research, scientists, and perhaps hide from prying eyes.
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

Jarons
11.15.2015 , 08:44 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
Of course. Merely would need to invest in research, scientists, and perhaps hide from prying eyes.
Well that's very interesting how would I go about during that.Also what if I want to create my own Jedi order or secret sect of Dark side Cultist is that possible?

Silenceo
11.15.2015 , 08:49 PM | #5
Well that's very interesting how would I go about during that.Also what if I want to create my own Jedi order or secret sect of Dark side Cultist is that possible?
Well, locating a planet that is out of the way and doesn't get much traffic would be a good first step. After that, it is merely a matter of building research centers. Then, it is merely a matter of personnel and researching what you desire.

As for 'Force Order', you must first meet certain pre-req's before you can do so. Some of which, but of course not limited to, are having a force sensitive character, force user artifacts, instruction manuals, or even just finding certain temples.

Jarons
11.15.2015 , 08:53 PM | #6
Well, locating a planet that is out of the way and doesn't get much traffic would be a good first step. After that, it is merely a matter of building research centers. Then, it is merely a matter of personnel and researching what you desire.

As for 'Force Order', you must first meet certain pre-req's before you can do so. Some of which, but of course not limited to, are having a force sensitive character, force user artifacts, instruction manuals, or even just finding certain temples.
Ok let's stop with the reach around Sil.How do you want past players to post their stuff are we going to do it like last time and post fleets first.Then Characters followed by Ground forces and finally factions?I say that's the best way to do it so we can link them to our accounts for ease of use.

Silenceo
11.15.2015 , 08:54 PM | #7
Ok let's stop with the reach around Sil.How do you want past players to post their stuff are we going to do it like last time and post fleets first.Then Characters followed by Ground forces and finally factions?I say that's the best way to do it so we can link them to our accounts for ease of use.
Yep, exactly that.

The reason for such, is so at each step people can voice questions/concerns/suggestions on each. By the end, easy to link them together for easy access at later dates.

StarSquirrel
11.15.2015 , 08:55 PM | #8
My god. What have I witnessed here?

*rubs eyes*

I think J's possessed Sil, can I kill it? ppppllllleeeeeaaaassssseeeee??!?!?!?!?!?/11/?1/???

*unsheathes swords*
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard

Jarons
11.15.2015 , 08:59 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
My god. What have I witnessed here?

*rubs eyes*

I think J's possessed Sil, can I kill it? ppppllllleeeeeaaaassssseeeee??!?!?!?!?!?/11/?1/???

*unsheathes swords*
Omg star I love those videos their they funniest things I watched in a while.

Well I wanted to sound like a noob so I wrote like one.You should try it is fun.

Yep, exactly that.

The reason for such, is so at each step people can voice questions/concerns/suggestions on each. By the end, easy to link them together for easy access at later dates.
If that's the case I'll allow star to post his fleet first.

Silenceo
11.15.2015 , 09:36 PM | #10
Here is an example of a character. (for the new people who may be interested in joining)

Spoiler