Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BIO did exactly what they said they'd do

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
BIO did exactly what they said they'd do

CorranTyev
12.13.2011 , 04:32 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by scritti View Post
I'm not sure I understand all the outrage today. This is exactly what they planned to do the whole time. Why wasn't this a big deal before today? They only thing that changed was they actually did it.

The ONLY legitimate gripe I have heard is that people who didn't pre-order at the same time might not be able to get on the same server. Seeing as this is a MMO it is important to keep groups of people together. BIO has always worked with their users before so I assume they may find a solution to this as well.
You expect too much from this forum.
INDIGNATION
Republic || Hardcore PvP || Casual PvE || Mature || US West

[Website] [Recruitment Thread] [Apply]

XOrionX
12.13.2011 , 04:33 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by omechron View Post
So... you're angry that bioware is staffed by human beings who need to eat and sleep?

Sounds reasonable. There are so many droids in the game, why not have some run the office?
They said more waves would start tomorrow morning.

How is that not enough info for you?
"Never tell me the odds!" ~Han Solo

XOrionX
12.13.2011 , 04:35 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Tmbn View Post
Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. BW stated that you would get early access if you preordered. Later, just recently, they stated that they would cut this in waves. We where not told when we bought the game that some would get access before others. This is just a marketing stunt for stress testing.
Sorry bro, but you are WRONG WRONG WRONG!

They said YOU MAY get UP TO 5 days of early entry DEPENDING ON WHEN YOU PRE-ORDERED.
This has been in the terms and conditions from DAY 1 of pre-order. If you failed to read it and comprehend it, then that is your bad!
"Never tell me the odds!" ~Han Solo

boracho
12.13.2011 , 04:38 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Omgthisnamesux View Post
No - actually the biggest issue is that there are people level 25+ already due to them being able to join empty WarZones, the game ending after 120 seconds and them still getting Exp/Credits/Commendation.

This will not exist when the real population enters the game, and thus these Day 1 players are getting an unfair advantage over the rest of the playerbase.
someone needs to relax....

Shadowkai
12.13.2011 , 04:39 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by XOrionX View Post
Sorry bro, but you are WRONG WRONG WRONG!

They said YOU MAY get UP TO 5 days of early entry DEPENDING ON WHEN YOU PRE-ORDERED.
This has been in the terms and conditions from DAY 1 of pre-order. If you failed to read it and comprehend it, then that is your bad!
^ This.

This has been known the ENTIRE time.
s h a d o w k a i

EtherealPotato
12.13.2011 , 04:42 PM | #26
That IS a big issue! I know how much I wish I could cheese my way through the game instead of playing it. Lucky SOBs!

Lohengrin
12.13.2011 , 04:44 PM | #27
I didn't get in today, but I'll get over it - still, I think a lot of the aggravation could have been alleviated with better communication. First, it wasn't clear from the beginning that registration date would be tied to early access date - e.g. I preordered the day it became available, in July, but wasn't able to register because Game Stop didn't provide the key with the receipt. I didn't think it was a big deal till I found out a few weeks later that registration date, not preorder date, would be the contributing factor to early access. So I ordered July, registered in October - I even contacted Bioware about it, and they asked for scanned images of my receipts, which I provided. If I had known (communication!) earlier, then I would have been on the phone with Game Stop much, much earlier

Even worse, though, is keeping people on the edge of their seats wondering whether or not they're getting in. If Bioware had simply said, these people will get in on these dates, period, end of story, then there would be much less nerd rage, I am sure. Some people would have complained, it's the nature of things, but if everyone knew ahead of time when they would get in then there wouldn't be anywhere near this level of outcry and anger. Personally, I'm more irritated with myself (with my situation), but as with pretty much ALL things, better communication leads to better results ...
Common sense isn't ...

Xxon
12.13.2011 , 04:50 PM | #28
The main thing is they have a post "Early Access has begun!" on the front page....when in reality probably only 10% of the total people who will end up pre ordering can actually play today. It just doesnt look good.

They are basically saying, ok we have your cake but you can't eat it yet, only people who gave us money the quickest can.

I don't know how they expect to maintain a game if they want to have millions of subs over the long term yet invite so few people when early access actually starts. Maybe the last beta weekend stress test didnt go well on their servers? who knows it just seems a bit ridiculous they are only letting in people who pre ordered before the end of july which is most likely a very small % of the total people who pre ordered.

LX_Theo
12.13.2011 , 04:52 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Tmbn View Post
Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. BW stated that you would get early access if you preordered. Later, just recently, they stated that they would cut this in waves. We where not told when we bought the game that some would get access before others. This is just a marketing stunt for stress testing.
They said you'd get in based on when you pre-ordered from the beginning. I'd know, I was one of those who pre-ordered day 1.

umbongoumbongo
12.13.2011 , 04:55 PM | #30
I honestly don't know if it is because people didn't read up, or they think whining like this will make BioWare act like a weak parent with a spoiled kid and let them in like the special snowflake they truly are.

I'm not sure which is more pitiful.
$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found