Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

BIO did exactly what they said they'd do

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
BIO did exactly what they said they'd do

scritti's Avatar


scritti
12.13.2011 , 03:42 PM | #1
I'm not sure I understand all the outrage today. This is exactly what they planned to do the whole time. Why wasn't this a big deal before today? They only thing that changed was they actually did it.

The ONLY legitimate gripe I have heard is that people who didn't pre-order at the same time might not be able to get on the same server. Seeing as this is a MMO it is important to keep groups of people together. BIO has always worked with their users before so I assume they may find a solution to this as well.

Sofie's Avatar


Sofie
12.13.2011 , 03:44 PM | #2
The big deal is... do you know what's going on? apart from 5 waves being sent out?

You really don't, there's a gigantic lack of information right now, and seeing BW employees went home after their 9-5 job we won't find out untill tomorrow
█ị████ị█ịị≡ị▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)
My ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Mhmm, Suck it, you will.

omechron's Avatar


omechron
12.13.2011 , 03:46 PM | #3
Quote:
seeing BW employees went home after their 9-5 job we won't find out untill tomorrow
So... you're angry that bioware is staffed by human beings who need to eat and sleep?

Sounds reasonable. There are so many droids in the game, why not have some run the office?

scritti's Avatar


scritti
12.13.2011 , 03:47 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sofie View Post
The big deal is... do you know what's going on? apart from 5 waves being sent out?

You really don't, there's a gigantic lack of information right now, and seeing BW employees went home after their 9-5 job we won't find out untill tomorrow
I know they are rolling out invites in four waves a day by the date you pre-ordered. Doesn't that about cover it?

CupieFoxtail's Avatar


CupieFoxtail
12.13.2011 , 03:48 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by omechron View Post
So... you're angry that bioware is staffed by human beings who need to eat and sleep?

Sounds reasonable. There are so many droids in the game, why not have some run the office?
So the 15$ a month only covers the servers being reliably up 9-5? kay

omechron's Avatar


omechron
12.13.2011 , 03:50 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CupieFoxtail View Post
So the 15$ a month only covers the servers being reliably up 9-5? kay
Yeah there's a difference between having wage slaves watching over the servers, and having devs able to carefully monitor traffic and loading while rolling out new servers and adding new waves.

If I had that level of education and I was expected to pull graveyards, I would not be a happy camper.

EtherealPotato's Avatar


EtherealPotato
12.13.2011 , 04:13 PM | #7
People are whiny and self-entitled children. That's just the way it is.

This will all be forgotten within 7 days. I doubt anyone is going to be gritting their teeth and muttering swears under their breath while they're logging in and creating their characters.

"AH! I'M IN! I'M SO ANGRY... WHAT CLASS AM I GOING TO BE?!? YEAH... THAT'S SOME NICE HAIR! AHHH BIOWARE!"

darthmazley's Avatar


darthmazley
12.13.2011 , 04:14 PM | #8
yup ppl are whiners

yup ppl are self entitled morons

thing is these ppl will whine and rage and QQ cause they are the vast majority sadly
Guest-280: how will the cover system work in 8m flashpoints or w.e raids are named?
Gabe: We'll be resetting Operations on Tuesday morning.

Tmbn's Avatar


Tmbn
12.13.2011 , 04:16 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by scritti View Post
I'm not sure I understand all the outrage today. This is exactly what they planned to do the whole time. Why wasn't this a big deal before today? They only thing that changed was they actually did it.

The ONLY legitimate gripe I have heard is that people who didn't pre-order at the same time might not be able to get on the same server. Seeing as this is a MMO it is important to keep groups of people together. BIO has always worked with their users before so I assume they may find a solution to this as well.

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. BW stated that you would get early access if you preordered. Later, just recently, they stated that they would cut this in waves. We where not told when we bought the game that some would get access before others. This is just a marketing stunt for stress testing.

Nytak's Avatar


Nytak
12.13.2011 , 04:16 PM | #10
I don't see the big deal. We knew this was how they were going to roll out early access. This allows them to get new servers online overnight between the daily waves of invites to handle the load.

People are just in an "I want it now!" mode.

Heck, I just did my pre-order just a few days ago, so I have no expectations of getting in over the next few days, but that's OK, my three weeks of vacation start on the 16th anyway.
Decemberite
You work hard so we don't have to