Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

4 man heroics - are they too hard?

Sabster
12.25.2011 , 10:51 PM | #1
The flashpoints are fine - the 2+ man heroics are fine; but what about the 4 man heroic missions? Does anyone else think they're a little out of whack? Some of the flashpoints are easier than these 4 man heroics (in fact some of the flashpoints are kinda snoozefests....)

And before anyone says it; no - i'm not saying dumb the game down. I'm saying some of the 4 man heroic missions are a bit too much (specially since there's no LFG tool; and sometimes you can't find a perfect group (tank, healer, 2 dps...)) - These are the only thing I've been disappointed with so far.

Any thoughts on this? (disagree/agree - whatever..)

BriaBres
12.25.2011 , 11:01 PM | #2
I don't think they're too hard at all, especially if you mix your group to include more than 2 professions.

Sabster
12.25.2011 , 11:04 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by BriaBres View Post
I don't think they're too hard at all, especially if you mix your group to include more than 2 professions.
That's part of the problem. Let's face it, everyone rolls dps - and when i did a flashpoint with 3 dps and a healer; I was beginning to think I sucked as a healer. Then I ran it with a tank and 2 other dps, and it was black and white difference.

That's fine and all; but as I said earlier - you can't always find a perfect group.

I'd rather have flashpoints being hard like the 4 man heroics, and the 4 man heroics really be more then the 2+ heroics.

BriaBres
12.25.2011 , 11:24 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sabster View Post
That's part of the problem. Let's face it, everyone rolls dps - and when i did a flashpoint with 3 dps and a healer; I was beginning to think I sucked as a healer. Then I ran it with a tank and 2 other dps, and it was black and white difference.

That's fine and all; but as I said earlier - you can't always find a perfect group.

I'd rather have flashpoints being hard like the 4 man heroics, and the 4 man heroics really be more then the 2+ heroics.
The game is designed this way purposely. I'm a healer. I've never had a problem finding a balanced group. Sometimes you have to take initiative when looking for a group, and advertise that you are looking for a tank. Sometimes it's better to run a heroic with a 3 man group and use a companion that's a tank, than wait to find a perfect group.

Chassit
12.25.2011 , 11:26 PM | #5
They are not too hard. They just force you to work as a team and think about what you are doing.
NFA

You'll take my life but I'll take yours too! You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through!

Draythion
12.25.2011 , 11:42 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Sabster View Post
and sometimes you can't find a perfect group (tank, healer, 2 dps...)) (disagree/agree - whatever..)
well dooing a heroic without a tank or healer is like playing without using your hands, it's common knowledge that you need a tank and a healer in a mmo dungeon. This game mechaniks have been build around the trinity system and don't expect heroics to be nerfed to a point where you could do it without a tank or healer, because this would make them laughable for groups having both.

Exertim
12.26.2011 , 12:23 AM | #7
We duoed every single heroic with Vanguard + Shadow setup using x2 healer pets. LoS abuse was utilized on a lot of stuff (as well as stealth clicking) but it got it done.

Honestly, most of the heroics save the 4man heroic on Voss (where you have to kill some mobs, blow up the towers, then fight a champion with his champion pet that does insane damage) are pretty well tuned.

bountywookies
12.26.2011 , 01:55 AM | #8
Nah, We usually get 2 dps+2 healers and we are good to go. although werenot much tanks, the healers keep us practically at full health.

phoenixds
12.26.2011 , 03:25 AM | #9
Some Heroic 4s are ridiculously tough, others not as much. I think part of the problem is actually that it's hard to know which Heroic 4s require a balanced group and which do not. I've gone through a few where everyone was dps or hybrid, sc****** through even without a healer. Others have been absolutely impossible without a balanced, skilled team.

As a general rule, you should try to get a balanced team for Heroic 4s, but it's not always necessary. On top of which, I'm of the opinion that Heroic 4s have already been toned down; I feel like they were a little harder in beta, but this is only my personal opinion and may not reflect reality.

ETA: And apparently s-c-r-a-p-i-n-g is censored out. Great job on the filter guys.

Alirha
12.26.2011 , 03:28 AM | #10
I have to disagree. So far my bf and myself are on correlia (just started it) with our sentinel and sage combo. We've done every heroic 4 mission (except tyrant) in the game that we've ran across easily with our companions T-7 (our tank) and Tharan. Having to use proper CC has been a nice change. Reminds me of the DAoC days with mez and stuff pre-pbaoe era. But none have really been difficult at all so far. I think we do them faster than most groups though too since it seems alot of people are just being careless through them from what i gather.

I know alot of people complain about their companions but Tharan's CC has been done well with the AI and T-7/scourge both tank just fine for us. No issues at all.