Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tactical flashpoints = FAILED MISSION

CandiSephora
11.12.2015 , 04:48 PM | #1
I am done with any type of flashpoints till something is done. Just did Assault on Tython. I was grouped with a lvl 20, 24 and a 47. they all had 56k HP. I have over 77k. Guess who had agro for the whole thing? Sents cant tank, why does the game force me too? First boss, my hp went away so fast. i lasted about 30 seconds. If Bioware is going to keep these as is, they need to place a balanced group in them and completely do away with the idiotic level sync. I used to love flashpionts. Best way to get comms and hone my skills. Now they are just ruined, and the game has lost its appeal. It' no longer fun.

Hapiegirl
11.12.2015 , 05:12 PM | #2
Same thing happens to me but as a Merc I am squishy. Was grouped with 2 juggs and an assassin. Guess who had aggro the whole time? It's ridiculous. 65's shouldn't have to play with low levels who don't know the story or the mechanics of the FP. One day I was on my Jugg, I force pushed a mob over the edge and this level 20 in the group leaped to his death after it! LOL He immediately quit group, from embarrassment I can only guess. He died time after time because he ran ahead of everyone the whole time. Every single tactical I've done has been a mess.

psikofunkster
11.12.2015 , 08:21 PM | #3
and perhaps the most lovely feature on 4.0, you can get a full 65 group but that doesn't mean anything, they could have started playing yesterday using the free 60...just LAME.

Its pretty easy to identify those:

1) The quickest way is to look at ther achievements but before that...
2) they dont spacebar and pretty much they don't know the fights, die quick.

Shwarzchild
11.13.2015 , 09:05 AM | #4
sounds like you've found out that you don't like role neutral encounters, and favor the trinity system.
Warstalker Gatecrasher Dread Master Isaac Bell The Revanchist From Beyond

<Lightning Masters>

CandiSephora
11.13.2015 , 10:36 AM | #5
Ok, I gave bioware the benefit of the doubt. Did another tactical. Again, I got Taral V, for the umthteen time. Once again, we could NOT get past the first boss. Everyone in the group was one shoted. Our HP went so fast we lasted bout 45 seconds each time. This is ridiculous. If you cannot get past the first boss in what used to be one of the easiest FP's in the damn game, then its time to just quit. Get rid of the level sync, because with it you will not complete a flashpoint. 4 DPs in a group in the new FP's = WIPE!

brunen
11.13.2015 , 11:21 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Shwarzchild View Post
sounds like you've found out that you don't like role neutral encounters, and favor the trinity system.
Whilst you may not be wrong, you simply cannot apply this to "tacticals". We have had role neutral tactical since launch and now, all of a sudden, we don't and a LOT of people are finding the "tactical" option near impossible. Just yesterday I was in one, as a 65 healer and I simply could not keep the entire team up as aggro was all over the place.

This is not fun,

While I can applaud the idea of making things harder, you cannot - and should not - simply wreck one playstyle to do so.

And don't even get me started on how come tacticals don't actually count as tacticals for the weekly... that's just a piss take.

Shwarzchild
11.13.2015 , 01:09 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by brunen View Post
Whilst you may not be wrong, you simply cannot apply this to "tacticals". We have had role neutral tactical since launch and now, all of a sudden, we don't and a LOT of people are finding the "tactical" option near impossible. Just yesterday I was in one, as a 65 healer and I simply could not keep the entire team up as aggro was all over the place.

This is not fun,

While I can applaud the idea of making things harder, you cannot - and should not - simply wreck one playstyle to do so.

And don't even get me started on how come tacticals don't actually count as tacticals for the weekly... that's just a piss take.
Pretty sure tacticals have not been around since launch. The role neutral content at launch were heroic 2s and 4s planet side. Tacticals didn't crop up until much later on in this game's history. At launch we had normal flashpoints, hard flashpoints (which later had two tiers for Kaon and LI), and one operation. Secretly, or not so secretly, I really hope this "outcry" ends tactical flashpoints existence as I think it's been a contributing factor to the player base being ruined in terms of skill. I still think most people that post here about tacticals struggle not because of the tacticals inherent difficulty, but more so it's a lack of skill not neccessarily on their own part, but on the part of someone in the group. That, unfortunately, is the ugly truth of random group assignment. I'd venture a guess that player skill is at it's lowest denomination in tacticals because people who are competent don't want to play it because it presents absolutely no challenge what so ever. So people who are heavily investing their play time into tacticals have to deal with players who are more often than not beginners. I'd agree that tacticals should not be including such a wide range of players level wise, but they really aren't hard.
Warstalker Gatecrasher Dread Master Isaac Bell The Revanchist From Beyond

<Lightning Masters>

brunen
11.13.2015 , 01:16 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Shwarzchild View Post
Pretty sure tacticals have not been around since launch. The role neutral content at launch were heroic 2s and 4s planet side. Tacticals didn't crop up until much later on in this game's history. At launch we had normal flashpoints, hard flashpoints (which later had two tiers for Kaon and LI), and one operation. Secretly, or not so secretly, I really hope this "outcry" ends tactical flashpoints existence as I think it's been a contributing factor to the player base being ruined in terms of skill. I still think most people that post here about tacticals struggle not because of the tacticals inherent difficulty, but more so it's a lack of skill not neccessarily on their own part, but on the part of someone in the group. That, unfortunately, is the ugly truth of random group assignment. I'd venture a guess that player skill is at it's lowest denomination in tacticals because people who are competent don't want to play it because it presents absolutely no challenge what so ever. So people who are heavily investing their play time into tacticals have to deal with players who are more often than not beginners. I'd agree that tacticals should not be including such a wide range of players level wise, but they really aren't hard.
Fair enough, I played at launch and month 1 (to get the title) then left for over 2 years I also agree that I wish the game have never had tacticals...

but it has.

you can't go back, not in games, not in MMOs. Chnage goes forward, it should never replicate a past choice in this way.

Alls they had to do was say "hey we are removing tacticals, all FPs are trinity based" and probably after the initial outcry, we'd have settled into our respective roles.

psikofunkster
11.13.2015 , 01:17 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by CandiSephora View Post
I am done with any type of flashpoints till something is done.
You are not the only one i'm done too.

brunen
11.13.2015 , 01:33 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by psikofunkster View Post
You are not the only one i'm done too.
inbetween these posts i (tried) to run, got Malestrom Prison.

We lost and gained 4 new members in the first two large pulls. 5 deaths.

I'm done too, it's just too miserable.